PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get this. What manufacturer?

harbormaster
06-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I am replacing the engine compartment vent scoops. I tried Perko but the screw holes do not match. I have enclosed photos of the existing ones I would like to replace... There is a logo that I am not familiar with.

Anyone??

Oh and I installed the exhaust tips and cut a hole in the hatch,

mrfixxall
06-22-2008, 06:06 PM
I am replacing the engine compartment vent scoops. I tried Perko but the screw holes do not match. I have enclosed photos of the existing ones I would like to replace... There is a logo that I am not familiar with.

Anyone??

ck ebay! why did you cut a hole in the hatch? looks like you could have used a router and only takin away what you needed to ..

harbormaster
06-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Check Ebay? Now that was really helpful.....

As for routing the hatch the breather in the photo was a cheesy slim oner that i was trying to get to fit under the hatch. There is a nice taller polished one on there now. Photos to follow tomorrow.

BigGrizzly
06-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Them is some big flippers hanging off the back!

smokediver
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
you wouldn't have needed them if you would have hung a couple of mercs on it !!!:eek!:

BigGrizzly
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Smoke, don't I hear an alarm going off in your area. Smoke, While In Lake George I met the real deal 9/11 Fireman- we talked, and propped his 9/11 boat and I am now a proud owner of a real FDNY shirt, not a store bough one, What a guy!!

Greg K
06-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Looks like an Attwood, Part No.: 1364A3

http://www.pleasureboatmarine.com/stores/images/images_775/ATT1364A3.jpg

Anyone??

harbormaster
06-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks Greg!

smokediver
06-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Smoke, don't I hear an alarm going off in your area. Smoke, While In Lake George I met the real deal 9/11 Fireman- we talked, and propped his 9/11 boat and I am now a proud owner of a real NYFD shirt, not a store bough one, What a guy!!
great bunch of guys ! a large contigent of them come down here for st.paddy's day ... always a good time !!!

f_inscreenname
06-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Looks like an Attwood, Part No.: 1364A3

http://www.pleasureboatmarine.com/stores/images/images_775/ATT1364A3.jpg

They are the same I used on my boat. A little shorter and wider then the average Attwoods.
http://www.supernova19.com/2cc1c8e0.jpg

VetteLT193
06-22-2008, 10:54 PM
For what it is worth: my brother made a comment about the new ones vs the old ones to me just a couple weeks ago.

He says he wished he got the old ones re-chromed instead of putting the new ones on... he said the old ones were better quality

harbormaster
06-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Them is some big flippers hanging off the back!

Yeah They were put on when the outboard motor was on it. They could not get the boat to plane without blowing out the prop. Someone put these on in an attempt to help the boat plane better. I spoke to eddie marine and they were going to replace the planes with shorter ones but I decided to hold off until I seatrial the boat. They might come in handy in some conditions. They are good looking units other than the fact that they are freakishly huge.

If worse comes to worse I can use them as swim platforms....:wink:

BigGrizzly
06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Scott that is a good decision. The truth is if they don't drag ot isn't a problem unless your airborne most of the time, then the transom may suffer. You can always switch later. Remember ONE CHANGE AT A TIME. Your starting with a new boat, don't try to compare the old with the new. Every trial is a brand new day. If you need help in any way-I am here and in support of you.

BUIZILLA
06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
look at it this way..

you now have a 24' Classic

how may people can say that?

:cool: