PDA

View Full Version : Fun With Boats...

harbormaster
06-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Getting close....
Just finished and am posting this at the office before heading home...

I have posted photos...

The battery cables have been run. Gauges 95% done. Trim tab pumps wired. Steering is done. The trim tab controls are installed next to throttle and need a bit more wiring. Need to finish wiring in the fuse box and GPS speedo recall & antenna. Shooting to drop the engine in this week. Once the engine is in, I will drill holes and install exhaust tips. Also will install the Bravo 1X and trim rams....

Long hours!!!

ITTLFLI
06-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Looking VERY nice!!

chappy
06-19-2008, 07:09 AM
:thumbsup:

gcarter
06-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Lookin good Scot!!!

BigGrizzly
06-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Go for it, It is about time you had a good running boat. You have worked long and hard helping others, now its your turn!!!

MOP
06-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Scot this may or may not be a factor but the forward engine compartment bulkhead in an I/O 22 has gussets running off to the sides for added support forward of the engine. When the guy from Hustler did mine over he insisted on added more. With the weight of a big block you may want to look into this, quite a few of us me included had them tear away from the hull. I now have 4 where there was two and two more aft, you hull was setup for an outboard and now will have an 800 pound Gorilla sitting on its stringers. The tub floats so there is no support other then the stringers, I may be an alarmist but in the link below are shots of work in progress of what was done to my boat. New double stringers, added gussets, and bulkhead way over kill for my engine but guaranteed by the guy from Hustler to hold way more ponies then I will ever run. The hole is empty now and easy to work in!

Phil

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39332

harbormaster
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Well Phil it Ain't gonna happen. The engine is going in no later than saturday. This who project has drained my pocket book.

MOP
06-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Glad we were able to chat about it, the excuse point is well made!

Carl C
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Git R Done:cool: