PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

Cuda
06-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I want to wish a happy Father's Day, to all the dads out there.
I just called my dad, and wished him a happy Father's Day, and told him I wouldn't be able to make it this year (he lives in St Pete). I didn't tell him it was because I can't afford the gas, but I'm sure he knows why. At least I know all my brothers, and sisters will be there, along with all my nieces and nephew and their children. He's 81, and I don't know how many Father's Days I have left with him. A finer man doesn't walk the face of this planet.
So, if you have a dad, be sure to spend all the time you can with him, and call or visit him today. Dad's don't make a big deal out of Father's Day like moms do, but you can bet they know who didn't call or visit them.
I called my friend and helper that I've know for almost 20 years to wish him a happy Father's Day, and the sad part is, I'm probably the only one that has.
And to you fathers that have children, have a happy one.
Joe

onesubdrvr
06-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Joe,

Thanks for the warm wishes. I went and saw my dad a couple of weeks ago for his birthday, and I must admit, I don't spend enough time with him, and as I get older, so does he, unfortunately one day, he will be gone.

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it to your dads, but as you eluded to, at least he was here for you to talk to.

Talk to you soon
Wayne

Cuda
06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
My sister sent me pictures from today.
Dad

Barry Eller
06-16-2008, 07:35 AM
My sister sent me pictures from today.
Dad

Is that a lanyard on the remote control?:)

My dad passed away 11 years ago. He had suffered with Alzheimer's for 10 years. I miss him.

Cuda
06-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Is that a lanyard on the remote control?:)
My dad passed away 11 years ago. He had suffered with Alzheimer's for 10 years. I miss him.
That would be the remote.:)

My sister sent another picture of my nieces husband, sitting in what I thought was dad's chair. That's when I remembered mom said she bought a new chair for dad. I remeber when she wanted to buy a new bedroom set, to replace the one she had for over 30 years. He asked if they'd worn out the one they had first. He told her something similar, when she said she was getting him a new chair. :)
My dad's a creature of habit, he always has been. Even when he was younger, if someone was sitting in his chair, he wouldn't say anything, but he'd wander around a bit, trying to figure where he was supposed to sit.:)