PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your thoughts on 3250XF

MoMo
06-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Just bought a 3250XF (being delivered this week). Felt it was the perfect combination of performance, fishability, and liveability. Oh, and the GF likes the sunpad up front! (Trust me, it's was one of my selling points to her!) I've searched the internet for any talk of this model, but there seems to be little if any. Just wanted to get some Donzi enthusiasts perceptions of this model. Also, are there any Donzi clubs around Barnegat Light NJ who wouldn't mind including this big clunker with your sleek cruisers?! :beer:

faverod
06-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I have a 98 3250, we bought it 3 years ago and it's a great boat. Ride's great in the rough and the amenities make it pretty liveable for 2-3 people.

MoMo
06-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I was starting to think I was the only one out there!! Is your model the Express Fish (XF) as well?! Any tips, tricks, or watchouts I should be aware of?! Had her running over 42 knts on GPS during sea trial, but I wasn't piloting the boat so I'm not truly sure if that's realistic. What's been your experience with speed/fuel? Looking forward to getting her in the water this weekend... :shark:

faverod
06-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Mine is actually called a 3250 LXC, I think the XF designation sarted in the 2000's. I'm not sure what the differences are they look the same to me. I have twin 7.4L with Bravo 3's and I installed flow meters last year. At about 3400 rpm I see about 36 mph, fuel burn is about 13-16 gph per engine depending on conditions, combined it's about 1.38 mpg. Tab's and trim really effect those numbers. Either way it's just over 2 mpg for each engine. I fine the boat runs very flat compared to thers I've driven. Things to look out for are water leaks around the side windows and windshields. It seems the bedding and sealant used shrinks or breaks down and those are the prime spots for water leaks, you'll find them in the adt cabin at each side. I've seen 45 knots out of mine in soem moderate chop but 42 sounds like the norm.