PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

KRAVEN
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry to say that DONZI will not stand behind repairs made by repair facilities that reps arranged.I have #1 scorpion powered 18 classic and after the first season with 25 hours on the meter,had a crack in the bildge.DONZI arranged to have the repairs completed and was told the reason it cracked was the gel was applied to thick.Be a trusting individual I took their word.At the end of last season the crack reappeared.I contacted DONZI and explained that this problem was documented and was told they would consider the repair.There is a void between the layers of glass per my repair shop the size of a golf ball which occured during layup.The only way to repair is to pull the engine and strip the layers of glass until solid and rebuilt.Donzi states they will not due anything because my 2002 warrinty has expired.I know my $48,000 is a drop in the bucket,but owning a DONZI was a childhood dream that has turned into a nightmare.:shocking:

Trueser
06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Do you have pictures of the original crack? and the new crack? Same spot?

Good luck on you repair.

The Hedgehog
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I would take step by step photos and let them have the opportunity to rectify it. The void should show up loud and clear. If it is in the same spot during the time of warranty and rectification, you probably have something to discuss.

I have had some things to discuss with Donzi in my past. In the end, I found that they were reasonable folks. They don't want a bad reputation and they do build a good boat.

Drop me a pm and we can talk if you like. In the end I am still a big fan. We all make mistakes but so far I am happy with Donzi. Happy anough to buy a couple of more Donzi's

That is a tough situation and I am sorry that it happened to you.

The Hedgehog
06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh yeah, I would probably pull the post unless I had been totally stonewalled and the proper channels do not work.

I came close to posting myself once. I felt that airing out my problems were a last resort. You may be there. I wrote one last letter to the right people and the right thing happened.

That is as much as I will say. In the end, all was ok and I bought two more Donzi's after that.

smbarcelow
06-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Good advice.

mjw930
06-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah, I would probably pull the post unless I had been totally stonewalled and the proper channels do not work.
I came close to posting myself once. I felt that airing out my problems were a last resort. You may be there.

I wrote one last letter to the right people and the right thing happened.

That is as much as I will say. In the end, all was ok and I bought two more Donzi's after that.

That one quote is very telling. Donzi needs to get the message (as do a lot of other companies) that is shouldn't take finding the right person to get the right thing done.

chappy
06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
It's just a matter of ladder climbing until you find someone authorized to override a company policy, like a warranty. Keep asking to speak to a higher up, you just might end up with a positive result.

The Hedgehog
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
That one quote is very telling. Donzi needs to get the message (as do a lot of other companies) that is shouldn't take finding the right person to get the right thing done.

No, it should not take finding the right person. They did drop the ball, bigtime. I was one step away from seriously airing it out.

KRAVEN
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Spoke with Donzi rep.today.Plant shut down for a week due to fire in layup room.Nothing in stone yet but may be returning to factory for repairs!I will keep everyone informed.

The Hedgehog
06-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Spoke with Donzi rep.today.Plant shut down for a week due to fire in layup room.Nothing in stone yet but may be returning to factory for repairs!I will keep everyone informed.

Good luck.

Please let us know the good and bad. I hope that it all works out.

Like I said, they build a good boat and should want to keep the good reputation. It is too bad it had to come to this.

Carl C
06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
They took good care of me and hopefully they will fix your boat. At least if it goes to the factory they will know for sure if it's a defect. It won't cost them much to do it either.

Mr X
06-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Who did you talk to ?

KRAVEN
06-24-2008, 08:54 PM
I got conformation today that my boat will be returning to the factory for repairs the weel of July 21st.:)They will have it 3 to 4 weeks.Does anyone know of a transport company?

Trueser
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Call Osborne transport.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52479&highlight=osborne

Call Kyle and tell him I said to call.
Kyle Osborne
859-595-0729

They run to that area weekly.

mjw930
06-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I got conformation today that my boat will be returning to the factory for repairs the weel of July 21st.:)They will have it 3 to 4 weeks.Does anyone know of a transport company?

Try www.uship.com

Trueser
06-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Try www.uship.com

The only problem with that is you can’t talk to them before you set up the deal. I would rather make sure an 85 year old guy isn’t towing my Boat on his way back from dropping off a camper.

I checked Osborne with the DOT and they checked out. They also have great prices. They hauled my 28ZX and my 22 for less than it would have cost me in fuel.

You also need to verify correct insurance coverage. On top of your own policy.

mjw930
06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
The only problem with that is you can’t talk to them before you set up the deal. I would rather make sure an 85 year old guy isn’t towing my Boat on his way back from dropping off a camper.
I checked Osborne with the DOT and they checked out. They also have great prices. They hauled my 28ZX and my 22 for less than it would have cost me in fuel.
You also need to verify correct insurance coverage. On top of your own policy.

I've found that the reputable vendors will give you their email or phone prior to you committing to the deal but I understand completely about going with a company that's either local or others have used before.

Call around to some local dealers to see who they use.