PDA

View Full Version : 427ci Motown SBC listed on Offshore Only

DonCig
06-11-2008, 08:20 AM
I have placed my 427ci SBC on offshore only.
I would love to see a Donzi Registry member receive this engine.

DonCig

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/sbc_427ci_world_products_marine_engine-o23947-en.html

chappy
06-11-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/23947_3.jpg

I think most of us 18 owners dream of this motor behind us, I know I do.

Christian
07-03-2008, 11:55 AM
hi,
cant view the ad.
how did it fair in the boat?
did you have to make any changes to the engine in order to fit the donzi?

DonCig
07-12-2008, 09:57 AM
hi,
cant view the ad.
how did it fair in the boat?
did you have to make any changes to the engine in order to fit the donzi?

I pulled the ad. Engine is still in my garage still looking for an 80's Classic 22 to reside in.
It ran beautifully and I loved my Classic 18 with the power plant.
No changes at all to get it to fit. The only negative was that the engine was worth more than the hull; but I knew that going in.

What I loved most of all and the way I like for my boats and cars to be powered is with immediate throttle response; or immediate torque response. In other words I prefer immediate course correction or acceleration when needed.

banfield
07-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Don,
I indeed have an 80's 22' classic that is in need of a new engine. My 454 is tired, old and salt water sketchy.
Can you tell me more about your SBC? What would you like for it? What is modified on it from a normal SBC? How dependable is it? How many hours? All that kind of thing... Would you be willing to crate it (or put it on a pallet) for shipping?

Thanks alot!
Don Banfield
1983 22' classic
Cayuga Lake, NY

DonCig
07-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi Don,
I indeed have an 80's 22' classic that is in need of a new engine. My 454 is tired, old and salt water sketchy.
Can you tell me more about your SBC? What would you like for it? What is modified on it from a normal SBC? How dependable is it? How many hours? All that kind of thing... Would you be willing to crate it (or put it on a pallet) for shipping?

Thanks alot!
Don Banfield
1983 22' classic
Cayuga Lake, NY
I will send you a pm answering all of your questions.

Don