PDA

View Full Version : for the northerners...

roadtrip se
12-16-2002, 01:41 PM
After an unusually cold, wet, and drab fall here in North Texas, we finally got a great Sunday at Possum Kingdom. Temperatures in the low 70's and not a cloud in the sky. Shame, only saw two other boats out all day long...

Picture is of Hell's Gates, a local landmark.

Todd

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville44.jpg

OceanCommotion
12-16-2002, 02:41 PM
*Groan* Man, do I wish. I took this picture from the side yard about 15 minutes ago. Apologies for the humongous size. No imaging software on this machine.

http://www.applimetrix.net/sites/english/unitedstates/house/Dscn1175.jpg

Jamesbon
12-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Nice One Todd.

Have you ever made it to Canyon Lake? (About 30 min. from San Antonio) I grew up on that lake...love to get back there sometime. Also remember boating on Lake Travis. (Willie Nelson's stomping grounds)

Darrell
12-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Roadtrip:

You keep showing pics of PK and talking about 73 degree weather, your going make me have to winterize my boat again. wink Great shot of Hells Gate. (Keep posting more pics, I can't wait till next year)

Darrell

roadtrip se
12-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Nathan, been on Canyon Lake fishing once. Nice place. Travis is a whole other world, being close to Austin and the whole dotcom thing. Hippy Hollow is a definite must see... :p
Bring that wicked 22 of yours over for a homecoming at the end of next September for the Texas Roundup. You can leave Texas, but it never really leaves you. Just ask Lenny!

Darrell, looking forward to meeting you and your family down at PK next summer. Let me know next time you plan on the trip. Of course, I will make a point of rubbing it in every time we get a chance to hit the lake this winter. We keep the boat heated for just these kind of days.

Todd

Tomahawk
12-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Oc Co - looks a little cool but that is a beautiful shot. Actually, we weren't all that much warmer this weekend on the St. johns in Florida!