PDA

View Full Version : Ran Engine yesterday (video)

harbormaster
06-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Finished reassembly of the 22 engine with replacement heads and ran it yesterday afternoon. I need a new carb. running too rich. I need a 750 with 4 corner metering screws. Check out the video.
http://www.donzi.net/MOV04849.MPG (http://www.donzi.net/MOV04849.MPG)

BigGrizzly
06-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Glad it is done. You have your own priorities, but if I was going to use a carb it would be a BG or Holley in that order. I wish I had my spare carb but the kid took and it disappeared.

Cuda
06-08-2008, 09:16 AM
What's the displacement of that engine? What carb are you running now?

harbormaster
06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Its a balanced blueprinted, bored 454 with JE pistons, larger rod bolts, rect. port heads, stainless steel valves, some port work on the heads, crane cam, crane roller rockers and springs, GM intake (thanks poodle), and stainless steel marine exhausts. running a 750 holley. I have a low water pickup bravo 1x outdrive waiting to go on. When dialing it in I have short Sportmaster lower I might try. I have a 16.5" X-dimension.

One secret little trick I found is to replace the thunderbolt ignition module with a 4.3 v6 model. (adds a little more zip).
Yeah and I know BG and other carbs, but I am on a very tight budget.
This engine was built with second hand parts, but everything was gently used.

I went to work at 5 am this morning to do final wiring and engine install, BUT I came home early with with what feels like a kidney stone. I took a pain pill and slept all day. What a bitch!

I hope it doesn't rain. I left my cell phone in the boat!!:eek!:

Cuda
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
You can buy a whole set of different jets at once from Jegs etc. I'm sure you can get that carb right.

zelatore
06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
BUT I came home early with with what feels like a kidney stone.

Been there - I most seriously don't recomend it! :eek!: Vicoden won't even phase a good kidney stone attack!

Barry Eller
06-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Get Well Soon. Your engine sounds great!

BigGrizzly
06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Scott, Don't screw around with the stone. If small enough it can be ultrasonically pulverized.Remember I came from a medical family and that is one of the most painful things to have.
I know your on a budget, Like poodle I an Looking around-I owe you too as all of us do!!! I am calling my son, but he was on call all weekend. BTW is that engine stand patented.

harbormaster
06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
:wink::wink: So you like the engine stand? The first time I saw them do this I was horrified! But they have not lost one yet.

I feel 100% today I went home and took it easy.

Hopefully I can get back on it this afternoon..

justleft
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
You can set it on the workbench and test it with drive
attached !! :tooth:

98shovel
06-09-2008, 02:20 PM
scott
i have a 750 holley vac sec marine used one season then went to a 850 mech prepprd from aed .the 750 needs a new home other than my shelf of used parts

Jraysray
06-12-2008, 09:52 PM
:wink::wink: So you like the engine stand? The first time I saw them do this I was horrified! But they have not lost one yet.

I feel 100% today I went home and took it easy.

Hopefully I can get back on it this afternoon..

Man that was bad ass, I'm telling you my 18 is ready for a test run. "Thatsa whata i needa"....... vroom vroom!