PDA

View Full Version : minx seat question

jimishooch
06-06-2008, 07:44 AM
will a 22classic 3 piece backseat fit a minx?

thx
jim

cutwater
06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
will a 22classic 3 piece backseat fit a minx?

thx
jim

I believe it will "fit", but the seat height is a little taller in some spots I believe (?). GCarter used one on his Minx, he should be able to tell you.

MOP
06-06-2008, 08:09 AM
It does I sat on that seat awhile back!

VetteLT193
06-06-2008, 08:30 AM
like cutwater said they sorta fit. It will look like crap though. The 22 seat back is too tall. the bottom is a pretty good fit though. If you aren't a perfectionist you probably won't really care... Personally, if I found a good deal on a used 22 seat it would not be an issue, but in the long run it would annoy me.

Here is a pic of my Minx with my brother's interior out of his 22. Notice how much the rope drops over the back of the seat. We weren't going for any style awards that day, so don't beat me up about the bright red candy striped interior on a dark red boat :wink:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32951&d=1196284958

jimishooch
06-06-2008, 08:41 AM
so it seams the beam is about the same on both boats and 22classic seat is taller.
i guess my next move would be to find a 22c back seat in relatively good shape cut it down a bit and recover.
anybody have a used 22c backseat forsale?

gcarter
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Mine fit better than that. Everything above is true, but original seats and maybe some aftermarket seats may be a little different.
The aft deck on a Minx is "flatter" than a Classic which has more deck camber.
The problem w/mine was the back fit fine, but the sides were a little short so that when snapped in, there was a gap between the seat bottom and top.
But no big deal.

VetteLT193
06-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Mine fit better than that. Everything above is true, but original seats and maybe some aftermarket seats may be a little different.
The aft deck on a Minx is "flatter" than a Classic which has more deck camber.
The problem w/mine was the back fit fine, but the sides were a little short so that when snapped in, there was a gap between the seat bottom and top.
But no big deal.

What year 22 did your back seat come from? Wasn't there some talk about there being 3 different back seats on the 22's? I feel like I remember something about that, but I'm not sure...

My brothers is after market but it fits his 22 perfectly. (sorry for the huge pic, i can't re attach it because its already in a different thread)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32038&d=1191505868

gcarter
06-06-2008, 10:03 AM
It was Catch 22's....mid to late 90's.

VetteLT193
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I was just looking at some pics of Bob's boat (from Built rite) assuming his interior is factory correct... His looks like it stops a full inch short of top of the back deck. My brothers is maybe a half inch. Still not close, but better.

jimishooch
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
so i'm looking for a 22c backseat, the older the better for my '88.
PPI wants $1200 for a new 3 piece (out of the question) and builtrite only does carpet now.

VetteLT193
06-06-2008, 10:27 AM
so i'm looking for a 22c backseat, the older the better for my '88.
PPI wants $1200 for a new 3 piece (out of the question) and builtrite only does carpet now.

I've had my eyes open for 10+ months for a 22 or Minx interior in any color. My interior is totally shot and yes, I'm on a budget too. I'm going to get quotes from around town on a re-do. if that doesn't work I'm going to try to go to the same place my brother used.

All I have to say is good luck:eek!:

jimishooch
06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I've had my eyes open for 10+ months for a 22 or Minx interior in any color. My interior is totally shot and yes, I'm on a budget too. I'm going to get quotes from around town on a re-do. if that doesn't work I'm going to try to go to the same place my brother used.

All I have to say is good luck:eek!:

yeah, we are going to need it.

some clown years ago put a 16/18 aftermarket backseat in the minx held on w/ velcro, looks like absolute rubbish. i do have the 16/18 bucket seats that i can reuph.

vette, let me know who you finally use for the seat, who knows, maybe we can put something together.
jim

cutwater
06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Good timing... Talk to Trueser.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52961

jimishooch
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Good timing... Talk to Trueser.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52961

thanx guys.........sent him an email

jim

knots2u
06-06-2008, 02:57 PM
VetteLT193
I was just looking at some pics of Bob's boat (from Built rite) assuming his interior is factory correct...
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

cutwater
06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Was there ever any doubt? Haha.

Bob, every time I see a post by knots2u, my adrenaline rises and I click on the thread hoping to see that Built-Rite is back in business... :crossfing: :wink:

jimishooch
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Bob, every time I see a post by knots2u, my adrenaline rises and I click on the thread hoping to see that Built-Rite is back in business... :crossfing: :wink:

yes, i wish he was doing seats too, look what we have to go thru to get things done............

VetteLT193
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM

me too. C'mon Bob, get back in the biz! :crossfing:

I posted the part about being 'factory correct' as a bit of a joke :wink: