PDA

View Full Version : Donzi gathering on Lake Erie ??

Dads Thunder
06-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Well everyone let's see if we can get some feedback if anyone is interested in a Donzi gathering in the Western Basin of Lake Erie OHIO !! We could make a run to Put-N Bay ?? Well maybe ""LAST TANGO ""ya for sure ...... Please reply ... Dads Thunder :pimp:

Carl C
06-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I'd be in for sure mon-thur. Maybe for a week-end. It's gotta be pretty rough there on a week-end though. Wouldn't mind taking a peek at Cedar Point too. I've driven my 22 twice from Metro Beach on Lake St. Clair to the Detroit River Light but no further. Nexy week I will have my chartplotter installed.

ITTLFLI
06-06-2008, 07:55 AM
I would be up for something.

I know Jerry Eisele keeps either his 22 or his 18 up there in Port Clinton as well.

Obviously for us smaller guys(boats) it would be very weather dependent.

roadtrip se
06-06-2008, 09:05 AM
We've rumbled about a mid-Lake Erie run in the past.

Echoing Byron, I grew up boating on this lake and a solid plan B would be in order.

Party at Jerry's Carver!

Last Tango
06-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I will be in Cleveland from June 30-July 5th. Not sure that will be workable for anyone other than Dad's Thunder.

As amazing as it seems we are choosing to DRIVE to Cleveland from Jacksonville, Florida because it is CHEAPER (more comfortable, better food, more luggage, no rental car required at the other end, no 7-dayairport parking fees at this end, etc) to drive our 45 MPG '07 Honda Civic than to fly two adults and luggage, round trip. Plus we don't have to "check" and pay for any extra bags. My how things change quickly.
After round-trip tickets for two, 7 days of parking at the airport, extra fees for extra luggage, and still taking the better part of a day to get there or back, it just doesn't offset enough even for $4.50 gas. The Honda will use only 21 gallons each way. That is only $189, which won't buy ONE ticket much less two.
Neither choice allows for the mighty 22ZX to go to Cleveland, so we will be hitching a boat ride with Dad's Thunder.

show-n-go h2o
06-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Depending on the date's we would love to do a trip up there. let's get it going.

Dads Thunder
06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok everyone !! LET'S SEE WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS ? Anchors Away Marina located in Marblehead Ohio is Where we can start . All boats that need to be launched can go next door to the state park . There is a great Bar Craby Joe's and behind that is the Crows Nest another awsome place to gather... Plenty of room to cook out with gas grills everwhere . Best of all we would be speaking on Donzi's of course about a 15 to 20 minute ride to Put-N Bay , Middle Bass or Kelley's Island . So with weather conditions we would be pretty good ! Let's all try to put some dates together it sounds great to meet all of you ! I havent talked or seen Jerry in some time and I am sure he would be up anything . I went for a ride on Jerry;s 22 with his daughter (Donzi Chick ) along with my son Jesse around 6 years ago when we tried to do a gathering .That is when Last Tango came to Ohio all the way from Jaxx Florida ....Let's get it going we have all summer !! Post some dates that would work .....

jimkav
06-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Might be into it, docked @ marinia del isle, 24' black widow recently joy ridden w/o our permission from the marina and smashed up a bit. any info $$$? anyone?

Jerry Eisele
06-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Byron just sent me this link, works been a little hectic!! I'll be at Lakefront Marina from July 2end to the 6th. We do have friends's from the Carolina's staying with us on the boat, but if someone sets up a run, I would make sure Lakefront has docks and I'll cook some burgers on the grill. Just let me know. I haven't seen Dad's or last Tango for years, it would be great to see everyone.

Keep me posted!

Dads Thunder
06-16-2008, 09:54 PM
JERRY,
Last Tango will be in town at that time . I am sure he will be up for a ride over to visit. Nice to here from you .....

:nilly: Dads Thunder

Dads Thunder
06-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Jikcav,
Sorry to here about that . I am down the street from you at Craby Joe's . I would like to see that Donzi !! I have the 28 Sportsman . Send me an e-mail an we can work out the details.....

show-n-go h2o
06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
just looking at the runs i have set already for this year, i could do anytime in mid to late august or very late september. i hope this helps. i am going to be up there for xmas in July and that will be my first trip up there.

FISHIN SUCKS
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
that does sound like fun. we are planning on being to xmas in july with Deric and Danielle(ShoNGo) for the weekend as well as johnkimandmacy (275 medallion) at Put-In -Bay. I realize that may be a crazy weekend for the island and a get together, but we will watch for your dates.

Jerry, didnt you say you might come up that weekend? Keep in touch,

tom

Jerry Eisele
07-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Sorry, we can't make the Lake over the 4th. Diane broke a toe in one foot and messed up all the ligaments in her other foot, I'm home being the chef cook and bottle washer. You all have fun!!:shocking:

Jerry

Dads Thunder
07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
That might be a good time . Jerry sorry to here about your wifes toe that sucks !! Anyone else in post it !!

Mike

Dads Thunder
07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Anyone going to the Bay this weekend ? Let me know ...........

Mike

FISHIN SUCKS
07-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Barbi and I are heading over Wednesday afternoon and staying for the weekend. Kimjohnandmacy are also bringing their 275 Medallion (white/green stripe). ShowNGoH2O (Deric/Danielle) said they were coming. Come look us up, we will have our white w/red-black stripe 28zx there!

Tom

rumshaker
07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! I wish Shelley and I could bring the new 28zx up there but we have prior plans going to Biloxi,MS and doing some gambling.
We hope we can see everyone at the hometown rally in Destin this year!

FISHIN SUCKS
07-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah, it was definitely a good time! we were Front and Center in the harbor as you can tell from the picture. That's kimjohnandmacy tied right next to us with the 275 medallion that was at the AOTH this spring.

rumshaker
08-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Barbi is looking great in that pic. The Donzi doens't look too bad either! You guys should fly down for the Destin Hometown Rally and ride with us. Call me sometime BIOTCH!!!!!

boldts
08-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Tom, have to agree with Rum on his comment. First time seeing your new 28. Looks fantastic and I'm sure Barbie is lovin it also! Nothing better on a Donzi than a true Donzi girl like Barbie. Perfect in every way!