PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Tips

srm864
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Kinda new to the Donzi world but loving every minute! Have a 1998 22 Classic 502, low hrs. She was purchased with Corsa muffler tips and has Captains Call. It's a little quite for me and would like to out some bark back in her. Not sure I want straight exhaust cause the "fuzz" are looking for guys like me. Seen some tips that have removable silencers. Any ideas, thanks.

BigGrizzly
06-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Change out the c orsa tips with your choice and keep the silent choice then you have the best of both worlds.

RedDog
06-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I have the same boat and changed my Corsa muffled tips to straight through slash tips. It's not really much louder but I like the look better than the big Corsa cans

see - http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29219&highlight=tips&page=2

Carl C
06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I have the same boat and changed my Corsa muffled tips to straight through slash tips. It's not really much louder but I like the look better than the big Corsa cans

Me too but mine is quite a bit louder. I love the sound but not everyone appreciates it!

Planetwarmer
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I have the Gil slash tips but they have the little swirly thingy inside so they quieten it just a bit. They look like the standard slash tips.

VetteLT193
06-03-2008, 07:13 PM
last time I took the minx out there was a lady at the dock with her fingers in her ears.

There was also a couple guys asking about the engine :)

Music to some is noise to another, if you don't like it then plug your ears.

like grizz said, swap the tips and get the best of both worlds!!

gold-n-rod
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
last time I took the minx out there was a lady at the dock with her fingers in her ears.

Did you offer her an additional finger???? I would have. :smash:

srm864
06-04-2008, 09:25 AM
RedDog,
I like the slash tips. How long are they? Any problems without flappers?
Moose

see - http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29219&highlight=tips&page=2

srm864
06-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Nice! How long are they?

Me too but mine is quite a bit louder. I love the sound but not everyone appreciates it!

VetteLT193
06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Did you offer her an additional finger???? I would have. :smash:

I just laughed. It's only a small block, it's not that loud really... she probably would have fallen off the dock if we were in my brother's 22 with the BBC and CMI exhaust!

Carl C
06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Nice! How long are they? 7 inches at the top. They are straight through, no baffle, only an internal flapper. The only muffling comes from the water mixing in. This sounds completely bad-ass at an idle, a very low pitch. At the dock I look at who is there and if there are younger people and/or performance boats I let it rumble because people enjoy the sound. If it's a bunch of older folks or fishers I switch it to quiet.

srm864
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Very nice, Who manufactures the tips? Do you get any rattling from the flappers? Looks like you run headers. Thanks for the info.

7 inches at the top. They are straight through, no baffle, only an internal flapper. The only muffling comes from the water mixing in. This sounds completely bad-ass at an idle, a very low pitch. At the dock I look at who is there and if there are younger people and/or performance boats I let it rumble because people enjoy the sound. If it's a bunch of older folks or fishers I switch it to quiet.

Carl C
06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Very nice, Who manufactures the tips? Do you get any rattling from the flappers? Looks like you run headers. Thanks for the info. I don't know who made them. I got lucky and got them cheap from a member here. The flappers rattle a little but not too bad. And, yes, the headers help the sound.

gold-n-rod
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Very nice, Who manufactures the tips? Do you get any rattling from the flappers? Looks like you run headers. Thanks for the info.

I paid $219 for my Corsa slash tips. The look just like Carl's. They too, rattle a bit at idle. They were a direct replacement for my Corsa "cans" (no drilling required) and they sound and look much better.

steve74
06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
HI... I have an extra pair of "Stainless Marine" 4 inch diameter straight tips. They have never been used. You can pm me if you are interested.
$100.00 or so plus any shipping.