PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Jazz Festival

zelatore
06-02-2008, 08:27 PM
A week ago I took one of the company boats, a 59 Marquis, up the river to the Sacramento Yacht Club for the Sacramento Jazz Festival. First time I'd gone to this event. About 30 stages and over 100 performers and every kind of jazz, blues, Creole, blue grass, dixie, etc music you can think of.

But the real fun was seeing how the club members stacked in the 130+ visiting boats ranging from little 24 footers to bigger rigs like ours. They've got it down to a science. They run two small diesel push boats to act as tugs for the bigger yachts, and have about 10 dedicated guys running around with radios handling lines on the dock, on your boat (ferried out to meet you mid-river by the push boats), and on the boat you'll be rafted too. And they do pack 'em in...

zelatore
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to get a decent shot of my ride for the event as I was stacked pretty tight. Here's the best I could do...

We try to do several events like this each year with our clients. This time we had 2 42 Carvers, a 44 Cruisers, another 59 Marquis, and a 57 Carver that you can just see rafted just on my starboard side.

zelatore
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Perhaps the most interesting boat on the docks was this '29 (?) Elco. For sale for $160K. It's a "50-foot" boat. i.e. it looks great from 50 feet, but up close you realize it's not exactly concours ready. Still, a nice boat. I understand it had late-model power under the hatch.