PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Electricity thru hull

rtgogo
05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I bought a little turbo fan for the cokpit of my 22zx. I'd like to hard wire the controller thru the fiberglass wall instead of having the AC plug stickin out near the door. Any issues or pitfalls I need to be aware of? Wondering if it's as easy as drillin a hole thru the wall under the dash. Any ideas, insights?
Thanks!!

brwn234
06-04-2008, 07:52 AM
I thought about doing the same thing. Do you have a small goose neck light on the wall in front of the steering wheel? I thought about putting a fan on the other side. I dont know how well the fan will work beause theres really no place for the air to go, I dont have the hatch vents on top like some of the later models do.

rtgogo
06-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the nudge. Not sure why i didn't think of tapping into the line to the light....:propeller:..guess i know what my weekend project will be now...

I don't have vents either, but the fan I bought works really well. Got it from Overtons and it was cheap. Has a clip so i just mouted to the corner opposite the light on the same side of the wall. Controller on AC plug is adjustable to you can control the speed of the fan. It really helps stir the air........

Pismo
06-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Make the hole as absolutely small as possible. Remove the ends, whatever to get it the smallest.