PDA

View Full Version : Just about finished....

Last Real Texan
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Well last night I finally got close finishing up the head project that I started a while ago. All that is left to do is drop the distributer and run the plug wires, than fire it up and start the tuning process.
I have a really good baseline tune that Mark Boos sent me and it should be close and with the information I can gather from my wideband O2 and Diacom software I will be able to log and record all of the info needed to get the tune just right. The bigger injectors were a pain in the arse tro install and the replumbing of the fuel rail was a chore to say the least but now I am not dead heading the fuel to the rail, it now has a eturn out of it and then to the reg after it to maintain more equall pressure. I was also able to run -8 line from the tank to the rail ...I did have to upgreade the fuel filter head to -8 lines , used an old oil filter relocation head to do this...should be the same as a fuel filter head I hope, using a high flow Balwin fuel water seperator on it. I am also returning the fuel through a fuel cooler and then back to the tank, should work well:crossfing: I have 3 pulleys to test with to get the desired 7-8 lbs of boost I want, a 4.0 , a 3.85 and a 3.65 .....lots of tuning and testing ahead. The raise ports on the Brodix heads was a tight fit with my existing exhaust hole but it fits ...just barely. I have also decided to upgrade the ignition as well and go to a full MSD system, now I know the boxes have been know to give trouble but on the upper side of 750 HP i want to have a good solid spark and down low I want it to idle cleanly and with out loading up. I also have a harness that connects between the MSD and the coil and distributer so if the box craps out I can bypass it and just run the standard ignition. All in all it should be a good solid set up spending the bulk of its time below 4000 RPMS crusing in the low 60's and when I want to run smartly up into the 80's ( hopefully knocking on 90 ) most likely the high 80's to be realistic....I will keep you all POsted...
Bryan

The Hedgehog
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
You are going to need that big beefy drive. :eek!:

Why don't you post up a couple of pics of your fuel system. That looks like it has been rigged by a professional.

Your setup should dine on a healthy diet of Scorpions.:smash:

Last Real Texan
06-03-2008, 03:02 PM
everything is done now ...just need to drop the distributer and go test...heres a couple picturesplus a little throttle bling:smash:

tex

rtgogo
06-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Very nice setup!!

MOP
06-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Super nice! I have hit the photos more then once, can't afford to but sure do appreciate the time, $$ and care that go into the nicer setups!

catch 22
06-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Nice setup. Let me know if you want your Avitar back:) Good Luck with testing.