PDA

View Full Version : 1989 shift linkage

pdaigle
05-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I have recently purchased a 1989, Regazza 23 ft., the shifting linkage is rough when going from neutral to forward and the same for putting back to neutral, does anyone have any advise on how to lubricate this to make an easier transfer in and out of gear?

onesubdrvr
05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think it's lubrication. OMC Cobra drive? If so, the linkage likely needs adjustment, can't remember how off the top of my head, but the OMC book is pretty good in covering it. Had the problem with mine, when I had the drive replaced my drive guy sorted it out.

How is it going into / coming out of reverse? If memory serves me correctly, and it's easy going into / coming out of reverse, then I would almost sware on the adjustment.

Wayne

MOP
05-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Go through these Google links there was a good one awhile back! http://www.google.com/search?q=omc+shift+cable+adjustment&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Now the problem may well be in the cable from the converter to the drive they can get very stiff, it may need changing.

Phil