PDA

View Full Version : pay pal question

margo
05-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Having trouble paying my yearly subscription lost my password to pay pal and when they email me it says to click on the link below for a new password nothing happens ...Is there any other way to pay

Lenny
05-27-2008, 09:54 PM
You've lost me on that. ??? I have been using it for about 6 -7 years and do not pay anything. The seller gets hit.

But, beware, I get PayPal emails ALL THE TIME about my account and such and NONE of them are real. They are people looking to mine the data out of your 'puter and get CC numbers and such.

NEVER click on a paypal link to your email addy. I got my buddy hooked up on it a while back, and within days he was getting emails from "PayPal" and his secretary clicked the links and YES, he got ripped off. He used his Credit Card as the method of payment in the background.

Something sounds fishy to me...

margo
05-27-2008, 10:03 PM
You've lost me on that. ??? I have been using it for about 6 -7 years and do not pay anything. The seller gets hit.

But, beware, I get PayPal emails ALL THE TIME about my account and such and NONE of them are real. They are people looking to mine the data out of your 'puter and get CC numbers and such.

NEVER click on a paypal link to your email addy. I got my buddy hooked up on it a while back, and within days he was getting emails from "PayPal" and his secretary clicked the links and YES, he got ripped off. He used his Credit Card as the method of payment in the background.

Something sounds fishy to me...
I,m talking about the donzi registry subscription at the top of the opening page I don,t remember paying a yearly use fee before not that i won,t but you can only pay through pay pal..

RedDog
05-28-2008, 06:43 AM
try -

The Donzi Registry
2323 Clear Lake City Blvd #180-253
Houston, Texas 77062

Pismo
05-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Paypal is such a pain in the a s s. They have so much security that a normal user can barely use it. Security is a great thing but to the point of paralysis it is kind of silly.

margo
05-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Paypal is such a pain in the a s s. They have so much security that a normal user can barely use it. Security is a great thing but to the point of paralysis it is kind of silly.
Your right pismo i lost my password and tried everything to get one ...forget it They send a email that says click on the link below and nothing happens called there number and get all the stupid questions from a machine they can stick yhere pay pal

handfulz28
05-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Perhaps your email software has disabled the link. You can see it, but you can't follow the link by clicking. The email should have had instructions on what to do if you couldn't get it to work by just clicking. Probably something along the lines of opening a new window and copy/paste the link.

chappy
05-29-2008, 08:49 AM
I agree paypal can be very sensitive when it comes to security, but the threat of identity theft forces them to be this thorough. Trust me, identity theft is an AWFUL thing to go through, and sometimes expensive to combat and remedy.:eek:

margo
05-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree paypal can be very sensitive when it comes to security, but the threat of identity theft forces them to be this thorough. Trust me, identity theft is an AWFUL thing to go through, and sometimes expensive to combat and remedy.:eek:
Your right chap it just seams like there should be an easier way te reset a new password

Trueser
05-29-2008, 09:26 PM
It's not that hard as long as you have your login/email address.