PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula Tenth Annual Labor Day Weekend Donzi Event

Forrest
05-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Ten years ago, Donzi.net charter member, Emmo, called on any and all members to meet at beautiful Lake Eufaula on the south Alabama/Georgia border over that labor Day weekend to hold the first Donzi event to be orginized through what was then called The Classic Donzi Registry. That year, if I recall correctly, four members attend who brought their Donzis for three days a great times. In fact we had such a blast, that by the end of the weekend, we decided to to it again at the same time the next year - and now ten years later we're not at all ready to stop now.

So with that, once again the members of SEADOGs will be presenting the longest running Donzi event in the South: Eufaula Number 10 over this up coming Labor Day Weekend.

Don't miss this opportunity to bring your Donzi to the great event located on beautiful Lake Eufaula (officially Lake Walter F. George (http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec/wfg/)) and meet with your good old friends and family and make new friend, but most of all have a great time on this beautiful 84 mile long lake.

WHEN: Arrive Friday afternoon/evening, August 29, leave Monday, September 1, 2008.

WHERE: Like last year, this year's the event will be headquartered at Lakepoint State Park and Resort (http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18) located about 8 miles north of Eufaula, Alabama. As of now, Emmo or myself have not reserved any rooms at the lodge; however, from reading the early Eufaula 2008 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51460) thread, I see that a number of folks have already reserved there rooms or cabins.

Like last year, this year, we plan on hosting a Sunday night cookout / Donzi party at our house on the lake, which is located on the main lake near the "Big Island" at Pataula Creek on the Georgia side, about 12 miles north of George T. Bagby and 22 miles south of Lakepoint by road . Since the lake lever is at full pool and higher this year we will will be doing a Saturday backyard cookout at our house.

As always, we look forward to seeing you there. This is a great event for all those on a budget. The rooms at the lodge are not expensive, restaurants are not expensive, no ramp fees, no event registration fees, however, modest contributions are accepted to help defray the costs for the cookouts . . . and remember, any of Don's boats, as well as all past and new attendees are always welcome for a great time.

Please let us know, if you are going to attend this great tradition. If you are not sure at this time, just go ahead and book a room a the Lodge anyway, you can always cancel up to a couple of days in advance with no loss of funds. But in any case, please let me know if you plan to attend, and how many are in you party so that we can get an accurate count for the cookout supplies. . . . and don't let those lousy burgers that we had last year scare you off. We're gettin' the good stuff this year!

BigGrizzly
06-01-2008, 08:46 AM
I have a cottage and will be ready. As always I look forward to this event. This is the event where friends are family and boats are fun and the new home of Allie G. Here you get to meet MrX and beautiful Kathy, Forrest and lovely Jenny and the Supreme Seadog. One heck of a way to spend Labor day.

VetteLT193
07-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Any hope for bumming a ride on Sunday? My Wife and I are leaving Connecticut on Saturday morning... we could drive through to Eufaula and hang for Sunday before heading home to Tallahassee. This is only a thought at this point, haven't run it by my wife yet

I could drag the boat up there on the way to Conn. but I have no idea where to put it for the week (leaving the previous weekend) plus I'm going to be half out of it after 20 hours of driving.

Forrest
07-01-2008, 05:29 PM
You are always welcome to keep it at our place which is located between Ft Gains and Georgetown, GA (US 27 North to GA39) until you return. We have plenty of room inside of the fence. Also, it should be easy to bum a ride if you decide to leave your Donzi in Tally.

Last Tango
07-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Forrest,
I have to cancel my plans to come to Eufaula this year. My parents are getting very old and need a LOT more attention these days and I need that weekend to be with them. I know you understand. I look forward to E XI with anticipation.
I have one of those delicious one bedroom cabins on the water at the Lakepoint Resort. I want to be sure is goes to one of our interested attendees.
If someone is interested in my cabin, I will hold it one more week before releasing it back to the resort folks. Please call my cell phone (904) 534-9928. I do not normally leave my cell on during the day at work, but check it from time to time for messages. Please leave a slow, clear message with your first and last name, your phone number during the day m-f, and your board name, and I will call you back during the weekday and work a conference call with you and the resort to ensure you get the room. The room rate is $125 per day and with taxes works out to $137.50 per day. I have it reserved for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. The total for the weekend would be $412.50. I have stayed in that same cabin before and it is an AWESOME place. You will NOT be disappointed. High, raftered ceilings, modern cabin decor, huge bathroom, even has a big screen TV and cable. Full kitchen with all the "bowls and whistles" (pun intended). Great for two or maybe two and a child. Joshua used the couch last year and thought he had cashed in because it also gave him control of the TV after we went to bed. Beautiful lake view and the sandy beach to run down to from your furnished back porch doorstep. Ample parking for boat/trailer and tow vehicle right in front. Walking distance to the marina store and restaurant. Just like the good old days.
It is right where everyone else for this event is staying.

BigGrizzly
07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Tango, Mr X wanted one give him a call. Sorry you are not going to be in attendance.

Last Tango
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Just got off the phone with MR. X and Lakepoint and the cabin is now officially his.

Mr X
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Thank you Mark, ......and Randy.:wink:

BigGrizzly
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Ted your welcome, but I just wanted to see Kathy again.:propeller:

p729lws
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Forrest,
Have they imposed and length restrictions lately (like on lake Martin) and are there any problems w/ dry exhaust?
Thanks,
Dan

Forrest
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
No, we have not had any real problems with the noise police, except for one Alabama DNR officer in a patrol boat does like to give warnings. Typically, most of the lake is within the Georgia border, and Georgia does not seem to have a problem with loud pipes, and yes we have had a number of loud Donzis at the Eufaula event. A certain dry-piped Hornet named Wa-Lo come to mind. :wink:

Dan, we would sure like to see you guys there!

p729lws
07-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info Forrest!

Does anyone have a problem w/ a Donzi loving Pantera owner crashing the party? :crossfing: I'm fresh out of Donzi's. The green eyed girl is not the fastest boat out there but I give free rides:cool:

Dan

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Dan I personally don't have a problem. Only if you bring your Donzi personality with you. After all the main sponsor of the event drives a Magnum to the events. Besides you are a Donzi guy who just couldn't afford a Donzi in the correct size to suit your conditions.

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The decals would be nice, but WE WANT YOU:boat::anchor::

JustMercMe
07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the info Forrest!

Does anyone have a problem w/ a Donzi loving Pantera owner crashing the party? :crossfing: I'm fresh out of Donzi's. The green eyed girl is not the fastest boat out there but I give free rides:cool:

Dan

Met these guys last year and regretfully do not have the D-boat anymore. Had a great time meeting them and can't get rid of this Donzi fever. Hopin' I'm still welcome with the Tunnel boat (might be the fastest boat there) Got a couple of friends with newly bought Donzi's.(22zx, Minx) I'll be there saturday for the daywith them....Hell, may even come back sunday!

Forrest
07-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Met these guys last year and regretfully do not have the D-boat anymore. Had a great time meeting them and can't get rid of this Donzi fever. Hopin' I'm still welcome with the Tunnel boat (might be the fastest boat there) Got a couple of friends with newly bought Donzi's.(22zx, Minx) I'll be there saturday for the daywith them....Hell, may even come back sunday!

You guys would be welcome in a pontoon boat! We'll be looking for your gang at the Big Island.

By the way, has anyone seen Allie-gator lately? I've been looking all over for him. Did he hop a ride with someone at Eufaula 9 to escape the brutal Lake Eufaula winter? :confused: His owners are coming to Eufaula 10 and I'll be in some deep dookie if he doesn't gator-ass back over here! Ahhh, maybe he just hiding in the garage. He's been known to do that on occasion. :smash:

RunninRed
07-22-2008, 04:49 PM
MercMe, lookin forward to it. Gonna be a good day. The Zx and the Minx will be there with bells on. Just worried about Tommy givin us hell for the above water! Oh well screw em!

Yea and dont worry I'm pretty sure you'll have the fastest boat there. :wink:

p729lws
07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
We're booked in a cabin. :propeller: Barring any cancelations there is only one cabin left...

Dan

Last Real Texan
07-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I am coming and the Hedgehog I believe is comnig also. We will only be there for 1 day and trying to figure out the best day to be there, Sat or Sun. I am thinking on Sunday....Kind of stinks but hey the wife has me over @ lake jordan for the whole weekend so I will be towing in and out the same day..

Tex

minxclassic20
08-14-2008, 12:08 AM
look forwark to meeting everyone, and merc man, i do think you will def have the fasted and loudest boat there

Forrest
08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Minxclassic20, we look forward to seeing you there as well, too.

BTW, in the next week or so, we will be taking a head count so that we know how much stuff to buy the Saturday cookout and Sunday dinner. This year, I promise that the burgers will be the good stuff. I put my man Bo in charge of this department, so I know that it will be good!

Also, we wanted to do something special (like shirts or something) for the 10th anniversary event, but we've been stretched very thin on time lately, so at this point, I'm not sure if that's going to happen . . . but, I haven't given up on the idea.

BigGrizzly
08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Forrest in case you haven't figured it out yet Barb and I will BE THERE. Not going to miss it, Besides I owe you:wink:

Forrest
08-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Since I have received little to no response on the "Eufaula is right around the corner...." thread, I can only assume that those who posted on this thread that they are attending, will actually be there. Ginny and I will be leaving on Wednesday to go to Lake Eufaula make preparations for the event. For this reason, we will not have access to email or the Internet past about noon on Wednesday, August 27, 2008.
So, if you have not yet indicated that you are going and plan to attend, please let me know now.
Also, if you earlier indicated that you were going to attend and find now that you cannot, please let me know that as well.
Remember, I need to know before noon on Wednesday, August 27, 2008.
Thank you to those that have responded.
We look forward to seeing you there.

BigGrizzly
08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I will be there rain or shine.

Mr X
08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
We had to cancell due to work.... :(

Forrest
08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
We had to cancell due to work.... :(

:( Bummer

BigGrizzly
08-25-2008, 06:28 PM
AH Ted I have a special prop for you to try. You will be missed. Its the only event you can go to and act normal and just be one of the guys, no pressure.

JustMercMe
08-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Looking forward to some sunshine this weekend after spending last weekend on the porch watching the river rise! Eufaula should have plenty of water this year. Water was up about 6-8 ft(flowing hard) sunday at our usual hang out spot on the river below the dam. We'll see you guys there!

BigGrizzly
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Since Mark isn't going to be there I will spearhead this thing. I am arriving Friday early afternoon. We all usually gather together and do dinner in Eufaula Mexican or all you can eat thing or something. I have a lake side cabin and an driving a black Expedition and I plan on bringing my Criterion. If something I will bring my blue Corsican. My cell is 770-318-1136. Lets get together and do the howdy do thing and dinner.:)