PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Owners' Rally (Formerly the Hometown Rally)

MikeMiller
05-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Hello Gang!

I have posted registration and detail information on page 4 of this thread! Please go there now and download and send me the forms and a check as soon as possible.

This year's rally will be in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area October 3-5, 2008.

Please, please, please tell the owners in Texas, Missouri, and the Mid-West that it is mandatory attendance or they are out of the family!! :)

Oh... and you South Florida boys too! Imagine if you didn't come and all these years the people up north towed for 2000 miles!?!?!?!

Beautiful water, awesome boating, great views, delicious drinks, and gorgeous boats!!!!!!!!

Mikey

undertaker
05-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Is this freshwater or saltwater???...just curious

Last Tango
05-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Destin is on the Gulf of Mexico.

onesubdrvr
05-22-2008, 07:15 PM
The weather is supposed to be better on the 18th,.... humph!!

Wayne

Forrest
05-23-2008, 10:50 AM
You're effing killing me Mike... (http://miami.rivals.com/schedule.asp?Year=2008&Team=MIAMIFL)

FSU at Miami :smash: That would probably work if it were the other way around . . .

Forrest
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Yea, she's not much on those flags. :biggrin.:

rumshaker
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I think Shelley and I are in for the Hometown Rally. We had a blast at the last one we went to. I hope all our OATH friends can make that one too!

BigGrizzly
05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
We are in for the MIKE MILLER Owners rally. Mike we miss you.

Team Jefe
05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Destin?....well that IS the Hometown for Jefe's Revenge. I'll have to try and make that work.

Donziweasel
05-26-2008, 03:33 PM
If Boo Boo and I make it, would someone have a seat for us as we would be boatless? Would love to make it though.

Donziweasel
05-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I never said I was much to look at, I get by on my uncanny wit.:wink:

If Jefe is going to trailer there, she is already gauranteed a spot as a member of the red bikini team. Me, I will just stay behind, stake out the bar, and make sure no one takes your seats!:smash:

If you come, you flying or driving and bringing the Critter?

Donzi Racer
05-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Hello Gang!

Are we curious about this year's hometown rally? Well, we're having one... but not in the Hometown!

This year's rally will be in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area October 3-5, 2008.

Please, please, please tell the owners in Texas, Missouri, and the Mid-West that it is mandatory attendance or they are out of the family!! :)
Oh... and you South Florida boys too! Imagine if you didn't come and all these years the people up north towed for 2000 miles!?!?!?!

Beautiful water, awesome boating, great views, delicious drinks, and gorgeous boats!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for further details! I miss you all!!

Mikey

Count us in. We will also try and get a few other to come. Ok Ben (apollo) no excuses now. Bring the Thorn and I will trade you something to be sure you don't take it back home. Lets do our best to make it the best one. How many boats was the most ever to come to one of these? Or better yet try and get one of every type of Donzi there we can. Now lets see, baby 14-check, early 16 ski sporter-check, 16 baby outboard-check, Criterion-check, x-18-check, early 18 Barrel Back 2 plus 3-check, who's got one of those rounded top 18's? Minx, 22 classic, Now wouldn't that make a hell of a photo op? Will try and do our part. Tom

chappy
05-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Which Criterion did you buy?

Yeah, what he said.

chappy
05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Count us in. We will also try and get a few other to come. Ok Ben (apollo) no excuses now. Bring the Thorn and I will trade you something to be sure you don't take it back home. Lets do our best to make it the best one. How many boats was the most ever to come to one of these? Or better yet try and get one of every type of Donzi there we can. Now lets see, baby 14-check, early 16 ski sporter-check, 16 baby outboard-check, Criterion-check, x-18-check, early 18 Barrel Back 2 plus 3-check, who's got one of those rounded top 18's? Minx, 22 classic, Now wouldn't that make a hell of a photo op? Will try and do our part. Tom

LOL.

Donziweasel
05-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Poodle, Canes vs Fl State. Being a huge fan of SEC football and married to a Auburn graduate with a mother who graduated from Alabama, a brother who graduated from Georgia, I can understand your dilema. Funny thing, no one in Wyoming will ever understand why the earth does not spin and life comes to a standstill during the fall in the south.:smash:

Ought to be a good game.

Donzi Racer
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Which Criterion did you buy?

Sorry Poodle, the check's don't mean I own them, it means I know someone that has one that I think I can convince or is already going to come to the rally. The only one I don't have or know someone that I can put undue pressure on, is the Corsica. I do know of a hidden one, if I can go find it next week. Will see. Tom

MikeMiller
05-27-2008, 09:14 AM
MadPoodle: YOU ARE killing me!!!!!! Ya know there is life outside of Miami!

Destin is saltwater! (Gulf of Mexico)

BigGrizzly
05-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Racer it is Corsican and I have one. Look at Bryan Truvell's post for the picture of it. This was one of my best weekends, Bryan came over and when he left I saw almost all of my lake friends(except Russ). Life is good. You got to love a wife that puts up with it.

Last Tango
05-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Just let us know where to reserve the room, and post your event apps. We're IN!

Tidbart
05-27-2008, 02:36 PM
MadPoodle: YOU ARE killing me!!!!!! Ya know there is life outside of Miami!

He was referring to the fact the you first looked up the Miami football schedule and then decided when to schedule the event.:shocking::smash::hangum::wink:
Or was it a lucky guess??

:popcorn:

Now, where is my phone call?:)

B

MikeMiller
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm getting kind of giddy!!!!!!

Just hung up with the hotel and working on finalizing the details so I can post it all!! Trying to get the costs down baby!!!!!

Donzi Marine is on board! Rock On!!!!!!! Thanks Josh Stickles.

Can I bring a hot woman with me this year? Please! Should I go blonde, brunette, or bald?

Should we have judging of any kind or should we just screw it and enjoy ourselves? We have to have the spelling bee, but other than that, any ideas?

Donzi Racer
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Racer it is Corsican and I have one. Look at Bryan Truvell's post for the picture of it. This was one of my best weekends, Bryan came over and when he left I saw almost all of my lake friends(except Russ). Life is good. You got to love a wife that puts up with it.

Thanks Randy, I rememberred what it was finally, and then forgot the N at the end. I went back and saw where you owned one. If we can get you to bring it, and Jim to bring his Critter, that will take care of 2 of the rarer ones except that little ole Baby 14 that is. ha ha Yee Hi Yee Hi, Let's Go now. I am stoked after the trip to Kentucky. Ready for some more.
Will someone ask Mike to bring something like a tootsie pop as an award for the oldest Donzi there? That way I could maybe win something. hmmmm? Maybe a Snickers bar for the Rarest, if I have the Baby 14 by then. ha ha I, like Rodney Dangerfield, get no respect! hmmmm?

The Racing Fool with lots of water in the bilge, sometimes. Makes it run smoother. ha ha Tom

BigGrizzly
05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Mike you can bring a HOT woman. I don't care if your hair is blond /brunette or hers is bald.

Donzi Racer
05-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm getting kind of giddy!!!!!!

Just hung up with the hotel and working on finalizing the details so I can post it all!! Trying to get the costs down baby!!!!!

Donzi Marine is on board! Rock On!!!!!!! Thanks Josh Stickles.

Can I bring a hot woman with me this year? Please! Should I go blonde, brunette, or bald?

Should we have judging of any kind or should we just screw it and enjoy ourselves? We have to have the spelling bee, but other than that, any ideas?

Yeah Mike,
Read my previous post. ha ha Bring all three. That Auction thing was neat last year in SOTA and the one we just had at Jamestown was unreal. Somebody book that fish guy that is named Tom and give him a couple dozen cold ones and let him rip. I am still laughing at his antics. It was hilarious. Definitely x rated or maybe a strong R, but it was serious funny. My 2 cents.
Cannot wait, Tom & Rose and now my brother Bobby(Donzi Fanatic) and nephew David (Donzi Vol), doing my part to bring more into the fold. ha ha Oh yea, also working on my other brother Daryl a 16 or a Barrel Back.

MikeMiller
05-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds Awesome Racer!!!!!!! There will be an award for the oldest donzi!!! Rarest? Hmmmm.... that's awful subjective, but we'll see.

Auctions are great, but I don;t like it when the auction items are not real Donzi stuff! We'll see.

Keep getting people and stay excited!!!!!!!!!!!

catch 22
05-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Mike, Da Man! Gina & I are in.:yes::hyper:

Donzi Vol
05-27-2008, 09:43 PM

Should we have judging of any kind or should we just screw it and enjoy ourselves?

Mike, is that one run-on thought, or two different topics? Haha. Sorry...I HAD to!! You can bring a lady friend as long as you bring two more for your boy from East TN!

MikeMiller
05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
2 more? I like your style. I could probably make that happen - I'll get working on it.

When this event actually happens I am going to need a bottle of vodka mixed with some fresh lemonade. That's my fee. Even if I only get you one woman!

Email me a photo of you so I know what I have to work with!
mikemillerx@gmail.com

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Cuda
05-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Be aware, that Destin Pass is no cakewalk. A guy stuffed I believe a 32 Sunsation in that pass a couple years ago. It can be extremely rough.

Donzi Vol
05-27-2008, 09:59 PM
2 more? I like your style. I could probably make that happen - I'll get working on it.

When this event actually happens I am going to need a bottle of vodka mixed with some fresh lemonade. That's my fee. Even if I only get you one woman!

Email me a photo of you so I know what I have to work with!
mikemillerx@gmail.com

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Now the last time a guy asked me to do that, we ended up in court! Haha.

Don't worry, my friend. I can bartend with the best of 'em.

Will there be an award for the best restoration? :)

MikeMiller
05-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Cuda: Thanks! Once again I will figure a way to deal with the weather. Probably fail as usual but I'll try!

Racer: not going crazy with the judging thing. It takes a lot of prep work and money for awards and all that. I'll know more as I get closer. Whatever it is... make it look good!!!!!!!!

boxy
05-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Be aware, that Destin Pass is no cakewalk. A guy stuffed I believe a 32 Sunsation in that pass a couple years ago. It can be extremely rough.
Joe, I think I've watched the video from that accident. Boat trimmed to the moon trying to put on a good show for a helicopter, hit a roller, didn't let off, tripped and stuffed. It looked more like driver error, than water conditions.

Cuda
05-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Joe, I think I've watched the video from that accident. Boat trimmed to the moon trying to put on a good show for a helicopter, hit a roller, didn't let off, tripped and stuffed. It looked more like driver error, than water conditions.
Yes, that was the one. I've been across that pass several times, and trust me, it can get extremely rough.

Dr. Dan
05-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Yes, that was the one. I've been across that pass several times, and trust me, it can get extremely rough.

:smash:Yeah like that cake walk last year in Tampa Bay and Eggmont Key! What a great way to sort out the loose stringers from the ones that are still attached to the hull! :spongebob:

I just replaced some of the key components that were left in Florida...from last years Rolling Mountain Climb, .... I am sure this area is beautiful.

Have a good time!

Doc of Non-Participation :doh:

apollo24
05-28-2008, 08:21 AM
DonziRacer just told me about this event- cool! We have had three in the harbor at once- two classics and my X. There are a bunch of Donzis in P'cola- Barry, Dan?

It's a great venue- prettiest water in the Gulf. Although I just moved down the beach to Orange Beach, I will be there!

The Pass can be rough, but once you get through it you are smooth sailing. There's tons of other places in the bay to go if the Gulf is too choppy. It's a great place to get those money shots from the helo.

Mike, I am in the Emerald Coast Perf. Boat Club out of Destin/Ft. Walton- P.M. me if you need add'l info on good places to raft up, dine on the water, etc. It will be awesome to see 15-20 Donzis rafted up at Crab Island! A.J.'s often lets the raceboats overnight in their slips- that might be a good choice.

I

Cuda
05-28-2008, 08:54 AM
:smash:Yeah like that cake walk last year in Tampa Bay and Eggmont Key! What a great way to sort out the loose stringers from the ones that are still attached to the hull! :spongebob:
I just replaced some of the key components that were left in Florida...from last years Rolling Mountain Climb, .... I am sure this area is beautiful.
Have a good time!
Doc of Non-Participation :doh:
Two times I've been actually scared by the seas, were both in the ship channel in Tampa Bay. Once was crossing the channel near Egmont. I friend of mine and I were headed back from Passage Key. He ran around the west side of the Key, and I took the east side. He passed in front of me, no more than twenty yards in front of me, and never saw me. At the same time, the low oil buzzer went off in my fishboat. I thought to myself, hell with it, let it burn. There was no way I was going to stop there, and refill the oil resevoir. The other time, my brother and I was out in my 23 John Allmand by the skyway. It was so rough, I was afraid to come around, to head back in. I finally saw an opening between two high waves, and snapped a u turn.

apollo24
05-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Here's a decent pic of Crab Island (to the left of the bridge) and Destin Harbor. On a normal weekend there will be 500-600 boats there.

mjw930
05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Pretty good link to the Destin area

http://www.destin-ation.com/destinflorida/destinbayphotos/index.htm

Team Jefe
05-28-2008, 09:39 PM

That pass is why I am a Donzi owner now. On our test ride, teh dealer took a good 4 footer at 45 knots...I braced for impact, there was none...SOLD ! ! !

DW, you and Boo have a seat reserved...and there are plenty more as well.

Cuda
05-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Here's a decent pic of Crab Island (to the left of the bridge) and Destin Harbor. On a normal weekend there will be 500-600 boats there.
Damn, when I lived in PC twice, there wasn't a condo in sight. I have been across there since.

Cuda
05-29-2008, 09:00 AM
It reminds me of a comment a couple years back that 22's would "eat up" anything Tampa Bay could throw at you. I here to tell you, they don't make a 38 footer that will "eat up" Tampa Bay, when it's rough. As for Destin, I don't think it's a matter of weather that makes it rough, it's just that's big bay to fill and drain during the tide turns.

Donzi Racer
05-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Sounds Awesome Racer!!!!!!! There will be an award for the oldest donzi!!! Rarest? Hmmmm.... that's awful subjective, but we'll see.

Auctions are great, but I don;t like it when the auction items are not real Donzi stuff! We'll see.

Keep getting people and stay excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Will do my part Mike, to bring as many folks and boats as I can.
I agree that the items that were at your auction last year were great and it was a hoot. Be sure Lenny is there. I was just thinking of the donation part of the deal. You know when a $10 quart jar of clear liquid brings upwards of $300, that do leave a bit for funding the event, ya know? Hmmmm? Just teasing, it is great with Donzi only Items. Mike Brown brought a picture of his father "Brownie" and the designer of the Donzi 16 running neck & neck in the first 2 Donzi 16's made. Now that pic is a KEEPER, with Brownies autograph on it to boot. One of my prize possesions now, that is for sure.

Poodle, would you mind telling about the rarity of the 2 boats you referred to? Thanks, Tom

BigGrizzly
05-30-2008, 08:45 AM
In case you people didn't realize it I am in for the event. As for rough, I grew up on the Ocean. My first boating experience with Barb was, I took her out in the ocean on a beautiful day in our 16 Donzi, About 5 miles out, the sky turned real dark, by the time we got back(a wfo run) to the inlet the small craft warnings were out and it was worse than Tampa bay last year. This was Barbs first experience in a boat in the ocean. !8 years she married me! Some times it takes women time to get over some things! Point is don't worry about the water conditions, it can be glass soothe or rough on different days so who really cares. I for one am not going to miss an event because it was rough on a given day. It always rains at Cumberland and Lake George during the events. I bought a boat not a couch.

Cuda
05-30-2008, 08:51 AM
In case you people didn't realize it I am in for the event. As for rough, I grew up on the Ocean. My first boating experience with Barb was, I took her out in the ocean on a beautiful day in our 16 Donzi, About 5 miles out, the sky turned real dark, by the time we got back(a wfo run) to the inlet the small craft warnings were out and it was worse than Tampa bay last year. This was Barbs first experience in a boat in the ocean. !8 years she married me! Some times it takes women time to get over some things! Point is don't worry about the water conditions, it can be glass soothe or rough on different days so who really cares. I for one am not going to miss an event because it was rough on a given day. It always rains at Cumberland and Lake George during the events. I bought a boat not a couch.
Randy, my point was I'd think twice about going out that pass, it can get brutal. There is plenty of boating water on the inside, and really, nowhere to go on the outside, unless you're planning a longer run to another inlet. I'd run that pass in my fishboat, because there is some great cobia (called ling up there) fishing.

Team Jefe
05-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I bought a boat not a couch.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Joe - speaking of fish...I will have my lines with me for sure. Heck, Destin is there becasue the fishing was good:wink:

BigGrizzly
05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
My point was You always talk about how rough it can is. I been through there several times and I would not call that rough when I traveled it. I have been on Tampa bay when it was calm more times then rough. I lived on the shore and used the "killer inlet" AKA the Manisquan inlet. Again more calm then rough. Lets talk about how nice it is going to be, not the other way around. Lets make the best one yet!!!

BabyDonzi
05-31-2008, 02:41 PM
MIKKEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! You know Donzi Las and myself are in! It will be GREAT to have our Rally in a new location! Keep us posted on the details and we'll send you the goods ASAP!

VetteLT193
06-16-2008, 01:18 PM
any updates / details?

fasttrucker
06-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I saw an ad for the Emerald Coast Poker Run.saturday,August 16,2008.They gave a web site www.emeraldcoastpokerrun.com and www.destin-fwb.com 1-800-322-3319. It would be so cool to go to that and then stay for the donzi event.

Last Tango
06-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Panama City Beach Super Boat Florida / National Championship
October 03-05, 2008

...just a short run from Destin to Panama City Beach (just over 40 miles each way).

Air 22
06-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Tampa Bay Repercussions....:smash:....The Crack of Dawn is nice:thumbsup: and a well worn female thong Crack is nice:yes:...but this is a Tampa Bay Crack..Not so nice...one I could of done without:doh:...But it is... what it is....so a fix'n has been scheduled..:smash:

donzi2287
06-28-2008, 09:35 PM
My brother Bob and I (Eddie) are going to the event. He has a 20 Minx that will be restored by then and I have an 87 22 red/white with its new motor next week. It is a 500 h.p. can't wait!!!! By the way, for anyone who hasn't been to Destin, the water is drop dead beautiful. I live in the Keys, and it's right there!!

c u there!

Eddie

MikeMiller
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Okay gang, here we go!! :nilly:
Click on the attachment for the PDF of the Registration and Details forms. Please print out and send with a check in the mail.
Please try to pay before September 15th as I have shirts, bags and other items to secure and will need the entries fees paid.
Can't wait to see you all... feel free to call me or email me with any qiestions! 305 336-8237. mikemillerx@gmail.com
Long live Donzi Rallies!!!!!!!! :drive::thewave:

BigGrizzly
07-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Well Mikey we have the room booked and will be arriving on the evening of October 2, 2008. Here we go again. Again I will bring a select amount of props to try and or buy.

Tidbart
07-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Good job Mikey,

I am in, room booked and ready with the boat!

B

MikeMiller
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Yahoo!!!

PLEASE GO BACK AND DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT (as of 7/6/08 at 11:02pm)

I uploaded a new one with NEW PRICES - $110 per person!!!!!

Can't wait.

boxy
07-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Love the logo..... :cool::cool:
Looks like it is shaping up to be another great event.

MikeMiller
07-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks Boxy!!
I hope it is going to be a good event. A little worried people won't show up... I'm hoping and praying.

BUIZILLA
07-07-2008, 07:53 AM
should be there....

maybe with yet another boat.... :crossfing:

BigGrizzly
07-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Go, Go, Go BUZZ, whats next? Maybe that new ZR :propeller:

Tidbart
07-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow, Jim has a new ZR!! :doh::biggrin.:

Is this how rumors get started??

B

BigGrizzly
07-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe:wink:. I was talking to an old motorcycle racer ande he was telling me about a big Yellow Honda road racer he saw at the old Texas World Speedway that went 200 mph. Funny that was my motorcycle and I don't remember going faster then 186, the best ever at that event. I just smiled and told him I still had it and it was home and in the garage. The subject then changed quickly.

BUIZILLA
07-07-2008, 10:16 AM
a ZR is NOT in my plans........ whatsoever..........

BigGrizzly
07-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Hey BUZZ your not suppose to reply for at least 2 months on that statement:popcorn:.

MikeMiller
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Already heard from some people and its going to be awesome!!

Check out the Ramada Beach Resort. http://www.ramadafwb.com/photo_gallery.htm

The pool has a grotto where you can swim/wade right up to the bar. If you need Jim Collins or me.... we'll be there.

Come one, come all. Let's discover the Emerald Coast with our favorite boats and friends!!!!!!!!!

Fill out the Registrations and make room reservations NOW!!!

apollo24
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Damn, when I lived in PC twice, there wasn't a condo in sight. I have been across there since.

The area is incredible. Here are some pics from a few weeks back... The Ramadan Inn is in the distance to the right of the bridge, I believe. Don't worry, there won't be quite as many women there for those afraid of "Donzi girls", but a few will make an appearance. A friend of mine is a Sarasota Donzi Girl alumna, and she is also newly divorced. She will be available unless she gets rehitched by October. I got engaged two weeks ago, so my seat is taken, as they say.

rumshaker
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Shelly and I are in and coming in our Beautiful 28zx we just got! We booked rooms today and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

MikeMiller
07-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Woo hoooooooo!

catch 22
07-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Mikey, Room is booked. Check is in the mail. Can't wait to see everyone.
Jim & Gina
22 Classic

BigGrizzly
07-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I got a pool view because it is the most bang for the buck, over looks that pretty Grotto. and most of the meeting rooms are in that building. It will bee cool as usual.

Budmann
07-10-2008, 09:04 PM
UMMMMM... thought Lake lanier/Atlanta was this years choice!

Nevermind, as long as we get to see Mikey then I will be there!!:angel::angel:

Buddy

Tidbart
07-10-2008, 09:12 PM
UMMMMM... thought Lake lanier/Atlanta was this years choice!

Buddy

The boat ramps aren't long enough there.:eek!:

Team Jefe
07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
The Revenge and me are in :wink:

MikeMiller
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Wooo hoooooooo!:smash::shocking::propeller::eek!:

MikeMiller
07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Budmann.... you're beautiful, baby!

Barry Eller
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I am going try to at least come visit you guys one of the days. Gulf Breeze is approx 40 miles west of Destin. Its a nice run down the intercoastal. Is there a event schedule?

Barry

Tidbart
07-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Barry,

This will be the first time in these waters for alot of us. Any suggestions for a Saturday run or a place to beach and gather on Sunday would be welcome. I don't believe Mikey has any set plans yet and we have plenty of time.

B

donzi2287
07-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I used to live there. Looks like lunch at AJ's. Right by the Destin Inlet bridge is a cool place called Crab Island that we can anchor and hang out in the water. As long as the tide is incoming, the water is crystal clear!

Barry Eller
07-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Just booked a room. Poolside. Denise got very excited and quickly pulled out the Gold Card! She rationalized that the fuel cost in the boat from Gulf Breeze to Ft. Walton would pay for the room. Check for entry fee will be mailed tomorrow.

P729lws, is checking his calender, if Panteras are allowed.

I know the area very well and will be happy to offer any directions or help in any way.

Barry

Budmann
07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Helicopter??:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::w ink::wink::wink::wink:

Lenny
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooo...

Budman is coming ;)

This could be good :D

Lenny
07-17-2008, 08:09 PM
In It always rains at Cumberland and Lake George during the events.

...not this year Grizz :D

Budmann
07-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Budmann is not only coming but I will be bring "HUGE" news!!!!!:eek::eek:

Leeny... you will be there...right????

No Scooters, RIGHT!!!!!!!

BUIZILLA
07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Budmann is not only coming but I will be bring "HUGE" news!!!!!:eek::eek: your pregnant ? :hangum:

Budmann
07-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Maybe???????

hot shot
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Just booked my ocean view room... havn't seen an ocean in 10 years let alone run my donzi on one especially with griz... not sure i might have to come along so might be looking for a 1st mate... catch looking forward to seeing you as well.... i think byron might make the trip too...
:wink::wink:

Barry Eller
07-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Just booked my ocean view room... havn't seen an ocean in 10 years let alone run my donzi on one especially with griz... not sure i might have to come along so might be looking for a 1st mate... catch looking forward to seeing you as well.... i think byron might make the trip too...
:wink::wink:

You are in for a treat! It is beautiful here. By the way, we locals don't call it the ocean, its the Gulf.:wink:

Here is a link to the Ft.Walton/Destin website...

http://www.destin-fwb.com/

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Well I guess Mick is really OK he booked. Good to see you are really better and not blowing smoke. We were worried, I have been there. Will be good to sea:) you there!

Lenny
07-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Budmann is not only coming but I will be bring "HUGE" news!!!!!:eek::eek:
Lenny... you will be there...right????
No Scooters, RIGHT!!!!!!!

...I am thinking this is doable... I don't want to miss anymore Home Town gatherings after the run we had last year :)

Might skip swimming with Rays this time tho... :eek:

Wouldn't mind a ride on the back of a Manatee tho.

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Yipi-Ki yea I am beginning to like the way your wife thinks. If Dan comes I don't want to see this Gulf Breeze click infesting our rally:wink: Lenny it is always good to see D*** again and it is OK if she brings you too:wink: This is really starting to look good. I am hoping the Texas contingency comes in force(Scott, this is pointed at YOU too) Lets PROVE we are really a family like we profess to be:).

Cuda
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
...I am thinking this is doable... I don't want to miss anymore Home Town gatherings after the run we had last year :)
Might skip swimming with Rays this time tho... :eek:
Wouldn't mind a ride on the back of a Manatee tho.
You'd be better off swimming with the rays. The popo will get you for catching a hitch on a manatee.

Cuda
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I've been entirely around this great state of ours, and nowhere can the water and sand match the beauty of the panhandle.

Barry Eller
07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Yipi-Ki yea I am beginning to like the way your wife thinks. If Dan comes I don't want to see this Gulf Breeze click infesting our rally:wink: Lenny it is always good to see D*** again and it is OK if she brings you too:wink: This is really starting to look good. I am hoping the Texas contingency comes in force(Scott, this is pointed at YOU too) Lets PROVE we are really a family like we profess to be:).

You will like her...she won't let me bring my Donzi Les Paul and Marshall Amp.
She says I like to play it too loud...that I would be distrubing the peace...

What is she thinking? Won't 10+ Donzis do the same thing?:smash:

show-n-go h2o
07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
i didn't read this whole thread but i have a question. is this more of a classic event or are the Z,ZX,ZR's welcome too..:shark:

this sounds like fun and i have never been on the ocean with my boat.

BUIZILLA
07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
if it's got a DONZI sticker on the side

BRING IT !!

p729lws
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
if it's got a DONZI sticker on the side
BRING IT !!

If it doesn't have a Donzi sticker on it, bring it anyways and we'll add one
:cool:

rumshaker2
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
You guys would love this area. Mike and I got our new boat about a month ago. 28' ZX and we cant wait to take it to Destin. Hope to see you guys.

The Rumshakers (Florida)

i didn't read this whole thread but i have a question. is this more of a classic event or are the Z,ZX,ZR's welcome too..:shark:

this sounds like fun and i have never been on the ocean with my boat.

Team Jefe
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM

The will be some boats there with TX numbers on them....two at least and maybe more. I am working that hard right now.:smash:

BigGrizzly
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
It is a Donzi rally and all are welcome and some non believers:wink: too

Budmann
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Room booked and we will be there with bells on!!!!! Can't wait to see all of you once again and in a new location to boot!!

Hey Mikey... Maybe the new location deserves a special intro...

I thinkin "special name of this one":wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Barry Eller
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Room booked and we will be there with bells on!!!!! Can't wait to see all of you once again and in a new location to boot!!
Hey Mikey... Maybe the new location deserves a special intro...
I thinkin "special name of this one":wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Glad you are comming, now I won't be the only one getting picked on for having a Bimini!:wink:

apollo24
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Carrie and I will be there with the X!~

Look forward to seeing everyone! There are several fun restaurants in the area that have excellent boat parking, so this is going to be great!

apollo24
07-30-2008, 12:30 PM
If it doesn't have a Donzi sticker on it, bring it anyways and we'll add one
:cool:

I have a HUGE Donzi sticker being made for that Panterror. It should cover the green up pretty well. :yes:

BUIZILLA
07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
we'll be there... :crossfing:

Budmann
07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
ANY POODLE SIGHTINGS???????????:garfield::garfield::garfield: :garfield:

Team Jefe
07-31-2008, 06:41 AM
Poodle will be watching his beloved Hurricanes.:( But with Jimbo there, we can pick on the Mad-dog while he's not around:lookaroun:

So, Buddy...which of your stable will be maiking the trip. I'm guessing the 22, but Destin is a Fishing Town and I would love to see another ZF in the mix. I know we will have a few....if there are enough of us, maybe we can keep the I/O guys from picking on the Clip-on's:smash:

show-n-go h2o
07-31-2008, 09:08 AM
room is booked, as it stands we are bringing the 38zr, if dad changes:boat: his mind we will be in my 28zx... looking forward to seeing you guy's again.. and meeting some new faces. :boat: :anchor:

BigGrizzly
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
I will be more pumped after the Eufaula event which I am really looking forward to also. After Eufaula I will wash the bathing suits and repack for Owners rallet'

p729lws
07-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Carrie and I will be there with the X!~

Look forward to seeing everyone! There are several fun restaurants in the area that have excellent boat parking, so this is going to be great!

Good to see the X18 in the water Ben! As far as graphics go all I need is a "Got Donzi?" sticker to put between panther eyes...

Dan

rumshaker
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
room is booked, as it stands we are bringing the 38zr, if dad changes:boat: his mind we will be in my 28zx... looking forward to seeing you guy's again.. and meeting some new faces. :boat: :anchor:
Glad you guys are coming down! Lookin forward to partying again with ya. I was trying to get Tom and Barbi to come down too. We'll be intown with the new 28zx Thursday afternoon.

Budmann
08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Jeff I would love to bring the 35 but Mike Miller events are reserved for the 22!!!
To much history to change now!1 besides, the 22 is alot easier to tow!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Barry Eller
08-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Mike, do you have a head count on confirmed attendees? A post of who is coming, and what boat they are bringing would be interesting.

The Emerald Coast Poker Run is this weekend in Destin/Ft.Walton. Dan (p729lws) is there. He texted me today stating that everyone should have a helicopter following them when they run their boat.

Tidbart
08-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Barry

I believe Mike is there this weekend, hosting the event.

As far as head counts go, Mike told me only a couple of people have actually sent in the form and a check. This happens every year, people wait until the last minute. It makes it a little difficult on the planning when people do this.

Bob

Barry Eller
08-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Barry

I believe Mike is there this weekend, hosting the event.

As far as head counts go, Mike told me only a couple of people have actually sent in the form and a check. This happens every year, people wait until the last minute. It makes it a little difficult on the planning when people do this.

Bob

He has my check.

My room is booked.

I'll have my 22 Classic, "Yipppy-Kai-Yay" there.

Let it be written, let it be said...Ya'll need to get your azz in gear!!!

Book it Dano!!!

p729lws
08-17-2008, 10:26 PM
After running the Emerald Coast Poker Run this weekend I think this will be a GREAT spot for a Donzi get together. From Ft Walton Beach it is an easy run to Navarre to the west or Destin to the East in anything from a sweet 16 up. There are plenty of places to raft up as well as water front watering holes and restaurants.

I've never been a fan of a Pensacola Donzi gathering as the bay is too rough on most days for many 16 and 18 owners (me included) but Ft. Walton Beach may be just right:crossfing:
Dan

p729lws
08-17-2008, 10:39 PM
and for anyone wanting rough water, Choctawhatchee bay and the Destin pass (think Miami's Government cut) are not too far away...

Dan

rumshaker
08-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Is this a strictly Donzi only event? A friend of mine has a 24 Baja and was asking about going..

MikeMiller
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Whooooo-hoooooo.....

Okay gang, let's get things going! Here we are only about a month away and I sit on 4... yes 4 entry forms. Wow!

Let me explain what that means:
Big Grizzly and Barbara, the Ellers, the Collins, Phil Reid and I are going to be sitting at the bar (in the pool) looking at 4 Donzis. Oh... we'll have a good time but it won't be the same. And I venture to say that I probably wouldn't even show up for this amount of people, but hell, Phil Reid is coming! And if HE has already committed then I certainly can't miss it.

It would make my life a whole lot stressful if I could start receiving your fees asap! I cannot buy the shirts and goodies and stuff until I have your money and shirt sizes.

I know there are more people booked for rooms and say they are coming... so please!!!

Here's who I have so far:
Phil Reid (22c)
Jim and Gina Collins (22c)
Randy and Barbara Carabelli (22 Criterion)
Barry and Denise Eller (22c)

Okay... enough complaining and begging.

I am so fired up and ready for this event.... now all I need is date!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeMiller
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
RumShaker... invite anyone you'd like!! We love everyone.... except that one guy 4 years ago.

Since there is no docking I do not have to worry about putting your friend at the end. So sure... maybe they will want to switch over to the good side after the event.

Just send me their registration and info.

fegettes
08-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I actually mailed my entry form for Melinda and I this morning.

Steve

BigGrizzly
08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Here we go again, I will bring props to test. I am actually looking forward to a different place, even if it isn't here water is low. Even without some regulars who have committed else where, but that is Ok not good but ok. Mike we are looking forward to seeing you, heck with the others.

rumshaker2
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Mike....did you get my form via email? I also emailed you we are adding 4 to our crew.

The Rumshakers
:confused:

Whooooo-hoooooo.....

Okay gang, let's get things going! Here we are only about a month away and I sit on 4... yes 4 entry forms. Wow!

Let me explain what that means:
Big Grizzly and Barbara, the Ellers, the Collins, Phil Reid and I are going to be sitting at the bar (in the pool) looking at 4 Donzis. Oh... we'll have a good time but it won't be the same. And I venture to say that I probably wouldn't even show up for this amount of people, but hell, Phil Reid is coming! And if HE has already committed then I certainly can't miss it.

It would make my life a whole lot stressful if I could start receiving your fees asap! I cannot buy the shirts and goodies and stuff until I have your money and shirt sizes.

I know there are more people booked for rooms and say they are coming... so please!!!

Here's who I have so far:
Phil Reid (22c)
Jim and Gina Collins (22c)
Randy and Barbara Carabelli (22 Criterion)
Barry and Denise Eller (22c)

Okay... enough complaining and begging.

I am so fired up and ready for this event.... now all I need is date!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeMiller
08-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Rumshaker... yes I got your email and message regarding adding more. I only posted those who have paid so far :)

Team Jefe
08-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Mikey - you should have my stuff any second now...."the check is in the mail" :tongue::tongue:

I have been beating up the Harbor Master to get his entry done...still nothing yet.

Buddy - As I figured, and yeah, the 22 is easier to tow.....Don't I know it:nilly:

Cuda
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
and for anyone wanting rough water, Choctawhatchee bay and the Destin pass (think Miami's Government cut) are not too far away...
Dan
I used to live in Panama City when I was a kid, and I'm telling you when the wind and tides are in opposite directions, that Destin Pass is one of the roughest inlets I've ever seen, and I've seen them all in Florida. The only one that's as close when it's rough is Sebastian Inlet. I've seen 40+ foot sportfishermen turn back when they saw how rough that inlet gets. No need to go into the gulf anyway.

Cuda
08-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Is this a strictly Donzi only event? A friend of mine has a 24 Baja and was asking about going..
It never has been before, but then again, it's never been in Destin before either.

Cuda
08-29-2008, 03:22 PM
The Opba, which is the club I used to belong to when I lived in St Pete is having their Labor Day poker run this weekend, headquartered at the Hyatt in Sarasota.

rumshaker2
09-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Great thanks. Is there a date you would like the registration fees or can we pay when we get there? Please let me know. Thanks Mikey!:nilly:

Rumshaker... yes I got your email and message regarding adding more. I only posted those who have paid so far :)

MikeMiller
09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I would appreciate the fees ASAP!!! I need to order all of the shirts and goodies and really don't know sizes or have the money to cover them all until I get registration fees!

For those of you who have rooms booked... and there a number of you... I need your registrations PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumshaker2
09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
No problem Mike. We will get our out to you right away. Thanks!

I would appreciate the fees ASAP!!! I need to order all of the shirts and goodies and really don't know sizes or have the money to cover them all until I get registration fees!

For those of you who have rooms booked... and there a number of you... I need your registrations PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Mike in case I didn't say on our registration We are large in shirt sizes.
Come On People Get The Registrations and Money in, you won't regret it.

garlin1
09-06-2008, 08:05 AM
We are offficially OUT!!!!!!! Fishboy's daughter (my new Neice) is having her first Birthday party on the 4th and I can't miss it!
I will miss seeing the gang and hope everyone has a BLAST!!!!

oh on a side note... I AM OFICIALLY A MARRIED MAN!!!!!! I MARRIED MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART SO PLEASE WELCOME DONZI DENESE TO OUR FAMILY!!!

MISS EVERYONE AND WE WILL SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUDDY AND DENESE STAPLES

oh, this is my other login. my computer is on the fritz so I had to use laptop.

Team Jefe
09-06-2008, 12:25 PM
On a side note!?!?!?!?! WTF????

Well um Congrats to all...he said from the left field bleachers.

Team Jefe
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Mikey - did you get my fees...remember my check in the mail?

garlin1
09-07-2008, 08:04 AM
LMAO!!!! Jefe, I was going to announce it to my close friends when we got up there. since we won't be coming, I thought i would give everyone the good news!!

SORRY!!!!

Budmann

Cuda
09-08-2008, 05:47 AM
We are offficially OUT!!!!!!! Fishboy's daughter (my new Neice) is having her first Birthday party on the 4th and I can't miss it!

oh on a side note... I AM OFICIALLY A MARRIED MAN!!!!!! I MARRIED MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART SO PLEASE WELCOME DONZI DENESE TO OUR FAMILY!!!

MISS EVERYONE AND WE WILL SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUDDY AND DENESE STAPLES

oh, this is my other login. my computer is on the fritz so I had to use laptop.
Damn! Next thing you're going to tell me the earth has changed directions it's spinning. I didin't even know Fishboy got hitched, Congratas Buddy! Come visit sometime.

Tidbart
09-08-2008, 06:29 AM
[quote=Cuda;465777] I didin't even know Fishboy got hitched, quote]

Who said he got hitched??:doh::wink:

Congratulations Budman, from Ranya and me.:yes::thewave:

Now back to our sponsor..........
Mikey, mailed the check the morning for three.

Bob

Tidbart
09-08-2008, 06:34 AM

Budman,

I can't believe you are going to pass up Denese's coming out party. I am sure Fish would videotape your niece's party for you.:wink:

Welcome to the family, Denese!

B

Cuda
09-08-2008, 07:47 AM
[quote=Cuda;465777] I didin't even know Fishboy got hitched, quote]

Who said he got hitched??:doh::wink:

Bob
I thought about that right after I posted itl :eeK;

MikeMiller
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Jefe... got it!!!! Thanks. Coming alone?????

Budmann... CONGRATULATIONS!!! We'll miss you.

Okay here's who I have right now:
Randy and Barbara Carabelli
Team Jefe (Jeff Reid).
Jim and Gina Collins
Barry and Denise Eller

I made a mistake and confused Phil Reid for Jeff Reid!!! Sorry.

More to come... I hope!

BigGrizzly
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I am sure Bob (Tidbert) is going he sent me an e-mail to bring a prop, something about kicking Catch's butt:wink:. I figured I would start some trouble since Doc isn't there.

garlin1
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
thanks my friends... Cuda, we will be riding atv's in Ocala this winter so we will make time to come see you

Thanks Bob and Rayna! I still have pics for you guys from the Florida trip! Remember the rocks just on the North side of the lock that a couple of us drifted over?

guess who hit them again except this time it was in my pop's 65' Donzi!!!

YEP, folded those blades like I was folding clothes!!!!!!!!

DENTED the crap out of the wallet too!!! boat is at owl creek in Ft. Myers and is supposed to be ready for pick up on thur.

sorry Mikey for talking on ur thread and will "REALLY" miss u at the RALLY!

Buddy

glashole
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
what would be the nearest airport to fly into for this event

MikeMiller
09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Glashole:
Destin-Ft. Walton Beach Airport (VPS) is roughly 10 minutes away.
Closest LARGER airport would be Pensacola (PNS) about 40 miles away.

Hope this helps and hope we see you!!!!!

harbormaster
09-09-2008, 02:35 PM
OK I am sending my entry if its not too late and I am bringing the newly finished 22.

apollo24
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Carrie and I will be there with the X for at least part of the time. Hope we aren't too late in getting into the mix, either.

BigGrizzly
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Scott, now we are talking. Ok everybody its fun and get to know everybody time Barry work on Dan and Laura, big time.

Donzi Vol
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey Mike,

DonziRacer and I are in. We promise to get the $$ to you very soon (as soon as I sell some more food! anybody want to buy some steaks??). We hope to get BlownCrewCab down there as well. Everybody give him a bump. We'll be bringing a boat to be named later.

And remember a post from back in May about you bringing some ladies? Well...I'm not chasing any ladies at the moment, so I'll be happy to help you keep some girls entertained :wink:

Looking forward to it...can't wait!

-David

MikeMiller
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Okay gang, here's what I have for hotel rooms and what I have received for payment:

Blair, Shelley
Carabelli, Clyde - Paid
Collins, Jim - Paid
Eller, Denise - Paid
Fegette, Steve
McKisick, Rob
Ong, Michael
Reid, David - Paid (I think this is Jefe!!!????)
Staples, John - cancelled
Tompkins, Randy
Wilson, Robert

Many more said they are coming but you need to get your rooms booked!!!

Rock on! All women are welcome... some men are! :)

Budmann
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
My new bride... oh and the last pic is my beautiful sister holding Fishboys BEAUTIFUL little baby girl!!!!! I am the proudest UNCLE in the WORLD!!!!

Buddy

Team Jefe
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Hot Babe, Bikini, Donzi Fishboat, going fast......OK I have a woody :eek!: and I officially HATE Fishboy for having a baby during the crucial time of teh year. Fine I don't Hate him, mostly.

But seriously Bud......Neices are nice, especially when they are "neices" around 21....but that wouldn't interest you so much anymore....still, she'll have other events you can attend, birthdays, proms, etc.

OK, a couple of housekeeping issues.
1. Yes, DAVID is ME. That's what the "D" in my signature means
2. Yes Mikey I am coming alone....and I'm not counting Scot.
3. I currently have two rooms booked....and withe the answer to Number 2 above I probably don't need the second one so If you need it give me a buzz and I'll let it go.

and Bud.......FU#K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Jefe
09-11-2008, 05:51 PM
:doh:phone number 713 825 2443

Budmann
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Um.... Jefe'... I read that!!!

your sweet...

Donzi Denese:cool:

LKSD
09-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Budman, congrats & VERY nice!.. :) Jamie

catch 22
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Congrats Budman & Denese. Welcome to the DONZI family. Jim & Gina

rumshaker2
09-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Mikey..you should have the Rumshaker's $$ soon. Mailed it Wednesday.
Shelley
:nilly:

Okay gang, here's what I have for hotel rooms and what I have received for payment:

Blair, Shelley
Carabelli, Clyde - Paid
Collins, Jim - Paid
Eller, Denise - Paid
Fegette, Steve
McKisick, Rob
Ong, Michael
Reid, David - Paid (I think this is Jefe!!!????)
Staples, John - cancelled
Tompkins, Randy
Wilson, Robert

Many more said they are coming but you need to get your rooms booked!!!

Rock on! All women are welcome... some men are! :)

rumshaker2
09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh No! We might be invaded! :canada: (But Seriously, WHAT?!?)
Rumshakers:lol9:

what would be the nearest airport to fly into for this event

Team Jefe
09-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Um.... Jefe'... I read that!!!

your sweet...

Donzi Denese:cool:

:redface::redface::redface:.... Saw that, did you Denese?

See, um, Buddy can confirm this.... I have an ever so slight flirty streak in me.....Not a big deal, its just that when I see a VERY beautiful lady...in a bikini...on a Donzi fishboat....well I kinda loose it a bit.

BUT really I am an:angel:...and sweet, just like you said.

MikeMiller
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Thank you, RUMSHAKER!!!!

Barry Eller
09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Scott, now we are talking. Ok everybody its fun and get to know everybody time Barry work on Dan and Laura, big time.

I'm working on Dan...Just got me a jar of moonshine...I'll invite him over for a drink...works everytime!:drunk:

p729lws
09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm working on Dan...Just got me a jar of moonshine...I'll invite him over for a drink...works everytime!:drunk:

Man if I could just a little moonshine and BG would send me some motivational photos of the Pantera from Eufalla maybe I'd stop working long enough to cut Mike a check....:smash:

Dan

BUIZILLA
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Mikey, we deeply regret not being able to make it this year, we've always wanted to boat in those water's, but the scheduling star's didn't align right this time..

J & J

BigGrizzly
09-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Dan Cut the check, and tell me about what size Prop you want to try. I am coming with photos in hand and on a downloadable SD card.

rumshaker2
09-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Thank you, RUMSHAKER!!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME! We are getting stoked for this trip!:nilly::hyper:

p729lws
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Dan Cut the check, and tell me about what size Prop you want to try. I am coming with photos in hand and on a downloadable SD card.

Randy,
Do you have any props for the larger Bravo XR shaft w/ the square insert? I'm running a stock 4-blade Bravo 26P wheel at 5000 rpm, 66 mph gps and about 20% slip:shocking: I havn't run it w/ less than 50 gallons of fuel yet.
Dan

p729lws
09-16-2008, 10:12 PM
The newer props use the Flo Torq. So, if you have the insert, Randy should be able to hook ya up if he doesn't have an XR insert..,

Yep, it's a Flo Torq II insert. I might have a spare complete w/ the snubber kit if someone needs one.

Dan

p729lws
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Glashole:
Destin-Ft. Walton Beach Airport (VPS) is roughly 10 minutes away.
Closest LARGER airport would be Pensacola (PNS) about 40 miles away.
Hope this helps and hope we see you!!!!!

Glashole, if you're flying into P'cola and need some ground transportation let me know.

Dan

glashole
09-17-2008, 06:17 AM
still on the fence

would really like to make it down :bonk:

would probably rent a car but really appreciate the offer

Shea

FISHIN SUCKS
09-17-2008, 06:56 AM
still on the fence

would really like to make it down :bonk:

tell you what my Brutha, how about we trade places and you go to s. korea for me and I'll go to the rallye for you. I don't even know how to cook 'dog':toilet:. i'm a medium rare man when it comes to 'cow'. you should go, sounds like a great time, Barbi and I are going to try and make it next year.

Barry Eller
09-17-2008, 07:01 AM
tell you what my Brutha, how about we trade places and you go to s. korea for me and I'll go to the rallye for you. I don't even know how to cook 'dog':toilet:. i'm a medium rare man when it comes to 'cow'. you should go, sounds like a great time, Barbi and I are going to try and make it next year.

Tom, don't eat dog...you'll be peeing on trees, fire hydrants, car tires...

Korea? What cities will you see?

Wish you could come to the Rally, it would be great to see you and Barbi again!

FISHIN SUCKS
09-17-2008, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=Barry Eller;467432]QUOTE]
LOL. I fly into Seoul, but I don't know where from there. I also have to visit Manila as well during this trip, and then on a private plane to some remote mines. I'm not sure what I am afraid of most, eatin' fish with the head still on, or dog:puke:.

Rumshaker invited Barbi on their boat for the rallye, I was just going to see if I could ride in the bilge or something just to say I was there. I had dinner with JEFE last night, sounds like he is going to make it as well.

Have a great time. Keep your bottom clean, dirty boy!

Barry Eller
09-17-2008, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=Barry Eller;467432]QUOTE]
LOL. I fly into Seoul, but I don't know where from there. I also have to visit Manila as well during this trip, and then on a private plane to some remote mines. I'm not sure what I am afraid of most, eatin' fish with the head still on, or dog:puke:.
Rumshaker invited Barbi on their boat for the rallye, I was just going to see if I could ride in the bilge or something just to say I was there. I had dinner with JEFE last night, sounds like he is going to make it as well.
Have a great time. Keep your bottom clean, dirty boy!

Yeah, I'll keep my bottom clean! I think the Koreans also eat various insects in addition to dogs and head-on fish. If you get something crunchy served to you that you have only seen crawling around before...you're on your own!!!

Have a good trip!

Donzi Vol
09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, I'm needing to hitch a ride back toward Knoxville after the Gathering. I'm planning on staying through Sunday, but I'm flexible. Naturally, I will be more than happy to throw some money toward the gas pump for you. If you're going anywhere close and wouldn't mind a rider, please give me a shout.
Thanks,
David

Barry Eller
09-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm needing to hitch a ride back toward Knoxville after the Gathering. I'm planning on staying through Sunday, but I'm flexible. Naturally, I will be more than happy to throw some money toward the gas pump for you. If you're going anywhere close and wouldn't mind a rider, please give me a shout.
Thanks,
David

Can't help you there. If my Mother-in-law was visiting (Oh No!) you could ride back to Knoxville with her! I would be glad to send her home early!!!:boggled:

My wife, Denise is a UT grad...she is not happy with the Vols football team right now. See you at the Rally!

BigGrizzly
09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
OK guys, who is still going With the hurricanes and rain and gas. At this point I am still inif there is enough gas to get out of Atlanta.

Tidbart
09-25-2008, 12:45 PM
OK guys, who is still going With the hurricanes and rain and gas. At this point I am still inif there is enough gas to get out of Atlanta.
What hurricanes? What rain? Got gas. I am there.:kingme:

http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifhttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifTuesday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=5)http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifWednesday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=6)http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifThursday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=7)http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifFri (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=8)
Thur 10/2http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifhttp://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/32.gif?12122006SunnyHigh 81°F
Low 64°F
Precip. 10 %

Frid 10/3http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifhttp://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/32.gif?12122006SunnyHigh 81°F
Low 66°F
Precip. 10 %

http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifSat 10/4http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/32.gif?12122006SunnyHigh 82°F
Low 66°F
Precip. 10 %

http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifhttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gif

Last Updated Sep 25 12:04 p.m. CT

:kingme:

Bob

Donzi Vol
09-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Can't help you there. If my Mother-in-law was visiting (Oh No!) you could ride back to Knoxville with her! I would be glad to send her home early!!!:boggled:

My wife, Denise is a UT grad...she is not happy with the Vols football team right now. See you at the Rally!

Haha. I understand...no problem.

And yeah, I'm not too pleased with them (Fulmer) either. I'm glad I had my student tickets when we actually won some games! RedDog and I did the "Vol Navy" with the Donzi's before the FL game (my avatar pic was taken from the 18!). We opted out of paying $100/ticket and watched it at the house...it was a good call.

Grizz, We're still planning on it...can't wait!

BigGrizzly
09-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I am still in, can't wait to see Mikey Bob, Catch and family, Jeff And D Racer, he is always a hoot.

MikeMiller
09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey.....

Almost there!! I sent some emails to DonziRacer, Donzi Vol and someone else to see if they are indeed coming. Can any of you verify????

I am pumped to see all of you! Be safe! Bring more people!!!!!!

Call me if you need to: 305 336 8237

Donzi Racer
09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I am still in, can't wait to see Mikey Bob, Catch and family, Jeff And D Racer, he is always a hoot.

Funny thing Randy, I have been referred to as a HOOT most of my life. ha ha ha ha ha
Definitely count us in, unless the creek floods cause it just rising, ain't gonna stop us. Just to let you know how much we are going to go thru to get there. I fly out of Sandford Fl. on Wednesday to Knoxville to pic up Nephew Donzi Vol and the sweet Barrel Back that he has been getting ready and then rent a one way truck to bring both down to Destin for the big event. Yee Hi! Still looking for a ride back towards Knoxville for the Donzi Vol either Sunday or Monday if anyone is headed in that direction after the Donzi event it would be greatly appreciated.
Finally thinking it might be a good time to announce the 1967/68 Barrel Back we have been working on will be going up for sale. Anyone wanting to see,ride,drive an original Work of Art, this will be your oportunity. I have not seen it in a month or two and I cannot wait to see it. There will be a few minor things needed but it should be a real HOOT to see this 41 year old Classic. It is almost like driving a 1968 Barrel Back righ out of the show-room. Would be really neat in a DONZI Showroom somewhere. Definitely not perfect but so nice for an old girl. I know I know, I will list it in the Donzi's for Sale area. Can't wait to see everyone. Tom Just a Racin!

rumshaker
09-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey, Hey, Hey.....

Almost there!! I sent some emails to DonziRacer, Donzi Vol and someone else to see if they are indeed coming. Can any of you verify????

I am pumped to see all of you! Be safe! Bring more people!!!!!!

Call me if you need to: 305 336 8237

Hey Mike!

Shelley and I are in and bringing 2 couples with us. We'll be there on thursday afternoon and staying until monday. A FEW MORE DAYS!!!!!

MikeMiller
09-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Rumshaker... can't wait to see you! Got your check! THANKS!!!

A few more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Mike and fellows, we are arriving Thursday afternoon/evening. Who will be there too?

Donzi Vol
09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Mike and fellows, we are arriving Thursday afternoon/evening. Who will be there too?

Racer and I will be there. We're trying to get Aunt Rose there to, but who knows. Grizz, know anybody with some Volvo props they might let me play with? :wink:

MikeMiller
09-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I will be arriving Thursday evening... hopefully by 8. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Tidbart
09-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Mikey,

We will be there sometime around noon on Friday.:yes:

B

Barry Eller
09-29-2008, 07:02 AM
Friday afternoon. Denise will drive in Friday night after work. I dropped a valve in the 502 yesterday. I'll be working every night this week on repairs.

Team Jefe
09-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Looks like my last post has gone to Cyber-neverland.

So, Again. Team Jefe will be Wheels Up 0600 Thursday set to arrive in by 1700 ready to Party.

...Oh and I'm bringing the Habamasta too.

I also Talked to Steve Fegettes. He an Melinda will be there Thursday night as well

BigGrizzly
09-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Ok its settled we meet at the hotel ans commence to party. Lo cal stuff for me.

Barry Eller
09-30-2008, 05:29 AM
Friday afternoon. Denise will drive in Friday night after work. I dropped a valve in the 502 yesterday. I'll be working every night this week on repairs.

Update...bad news...http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=469391#post469391

Not too proud to bum rides!!!:worthy:

Team Jefe
09-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Well I've got room for 4-6 depending on how rough the water is....I can guarantee Denise has a seat....Barry, I'll pencil you in:rolleyes:

Barry Eller
09-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Well I've got room for 4-6 depending on how rough the water is....I can guarantee Denise has a seat....Barry, I'll pencil you in:rolleyes:

Thanks! Hummm...maybe I'll get the 502 pulled and put it in the back of my truck and everyone can help me put it together!!! We will only do that after c o c k t a i l s!!!:drinkbeer:

Donzi Racer
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks! Hummm...maybe I'll get the 502 pulled and put it in the back of my truck and everyone can help me put it together!!! We will only do that after c o c k t a i l s!!!:drinkbeer:

From what I have seen at past meets, grab Lenny & Buizilla and ya'll will have it whipped. Ready for the next morning. It does not look like Rose and I will be there with a Donzi. We cannot seem to get the Barrel Back down in time. So sorry and will miss ya'll. Have a blast. Tom

Donzi Vol
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
From what I have seen at past meets, grab Lenny & Buizilla and ya'll will have it whipped. Ready for the next morning. It does not look like Rose and I will be there with a Donzi. We cannot seem to get the Barrel Back down in time. So sorry and will miss ya'll. Have a blast. Tom

Hey guys and gals, I won't be joining either due an unexpected and undesirable family emergency. Hence, why the Barrel Back won't be down there. Hope to see you all soon. Have fun and be safe!

-David

MikeMiller
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I received some very disturbing news from Donzi Marine today. As is my routine, I stop by Donzi on the Thursday before the Rally to pick up the goodies and sponsorship check. I called today to verify that I would be there and was told that I would not be getting a sponsorship check.

The economy and general condition of the marine industry has caused a major pinch in the bottom line of so many companies and Donzi is no exception. I just wish I would have been been given a heads up 30 days ago!

That being said, the sponsor monies go to pay for a number of things at the Rallies. One major being the Friday evening's Welcome Banquet food. Therefore, the Friday night Welcome Reception will not be pre-paid as per the Registration Forms! All of those who are attending will be "on their own" for dinner as far as paying goes. We will still have a get together outside by the pool at 7pm.

I am heartbroken... and feel very unprofessional about this! I do my best, and work so hard, to make sure that all of you have a great time and not worry about the details of the event... but this year has simply thrown me for a loop, so I am being as honest as possible!

I will have t-shirts, goodies/prizes, trailer security, and badges and lanyards. Other than that, I will have a smile and do my best to make sure you have a great time!

Thank you for your understanding,

Tidbart
10-01-2008, 06:23 PM
That is OK. We will make the best of it.:yes:

At least bring some good weather....:wink:

B

Tidbart
10-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Oct 2 Tomorrow (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=1)Sunny skies. High 81F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.Oct 2 Tomorrow night (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=1)Clear skies. Low 62F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.Oct 3 Friday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=2)Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.Oct 4 Saturday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=3)Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.Oct 5 Sunday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=4)Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 60s.Oct 6 Monday (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USFL0114?dayNum=5)Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

rumshaker
10-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I received some very disturbing news from Donzi Marine today. As is my routine, I stop by Donzi on the Thursday before the Rally to pick up the goodies and sponsorship check. I called today to verify that I would be there and was told that I would not be getting a sponsorship check.

The economy and general condition of the marine industry has caused a major pinch in the bottom line of so many companies and Donzi is no exception. I just wish I would have been been given a heads up 30 days ago!

That being said, the sponsor monies go to pay for a number of things at the Rallies. One major being the Friday evening's Welcome Banquet food. Therefore, the Friday night Welcome Reception will not be pre-paid as per the Registration Forms! All of those who are attending will be "on their own" for dinner as far as paying goes. We will still have a get together outside by the pool at 7pm.

I am heartbroken... and feel very unprofessional about this! I do my best, and work so hard, to make sure that all of you have a great time and not worry about the details of the event... but this year has simply thrown me for a loop, so I am being as honest as possible!

I will have t-shirts, goodies/prizes, trailer security, and badges and lanyards. Other than that, I will have a smile and do my best to make sure you have a great time!

Thank you for your understanding,

Mike and other Donzi friends,

No worries, we will damn sure make a party! It's all about getting together and having a great time.

MikeMiller
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Absolutely, Rumshaker! We are going to party as always with great friends, great weather, and beautiful people like me and you. :)

Oh... I may need to borrow a few bucks for some Rum and Cokes!! LOL

Friday afternoon look for me in the lobby or by the pool with the registration table!!! Friday night at 7:00-7:30 we will be gathering by the pool to enjoy some camaraderie! Wear you bathing suits!

I have called everyone that has registered and I want to thank all of you for being so understanding. It helps me deal with this great stress. You are all the best!!

Barry Eller
10-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Anyone there yet?

I'll see you tomorrow.:crossfing:

Donzi Racer
10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Absolutely, Rumshaker! We are going to party as always with great friends, great weather, and beautiful people like me and you. :)

Oh... I may need to borrow a few bucks for some Rum and Cokes!! LOL

Friday afternoon look for me in the lobby or by the pool with the registration table!!! Friday night at 7:00-7:30 we will be gathering by the pool to enjoy some camaraderie! Wear you bathing suits!

I have called everyone that has registered and I want to thank all of you for being so understanding. It helps me deal with this great stress. You are all the best!!

How bout some pics of the event and some wonderful stories. How many made it and how much fun was had. Tom

BigGrizzly
10-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Just got home last night, Picking up the dog and going food shopping, I will get on the board later today. BTW Harbormaster really does exist and was in good form There.

Forrest
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Maaaan! . . . must have been great weather for you guys. Ya know, it don't get any better for weather anywhere than on the Florida panhandle this time of year and this last weekend was no exception. I sure wish that we could have been there.

Oh well, at least the 'Noles beat the 'Canes down there in Flipper'ville this year!:kingme:

Tidbart
10-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Got home early last evening. Tired today.:yes:

Had a great time. Boating was awesome. You are correct Forrest, the weather was fantastic. It was sunny, in the low 80's on Saturday and Sunday. Found a great secluded beach to hang out on both days. I think it was part of Eglin AFB. Nobody around for miles.

Boat ran great. Thanks Randy for the driving tips.

No time yet to look at photos or post any. Maybe later.

Bob

Oh yah! Thanks for hanging in there Mikey.:yes::wink:

MikeMiller
10-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Well, another year gone! But what a great time was had by all. Even Barry Eller... who had some boat trouble after killing himself to get it there! THANKS SO MUCH for hanging in there Barry and Denise!
It was a great pleasure and excitement to see some old friends and get to know some a little better than I did. Rumshakers added to their reputation of GOOD PEOPLE! Jefe is just that... THE BOSS! Awesome guy! Always nice to see Harbormaster and the Grizzlies.
Thanks, Tidbart for letting me hang with you. I OWE YOU BIG TIME... for that and one other HUGE thing ;)
And thanks to Donzi Marine for all the cool goodies!
Anyways... we will do it again! Weather was awesome, water was like no other, people were great, food was delectable, and booze were flowing. How could I not do it again??
Oh... and met someone! How can get it get better????
Thanks to all! Love ya, miss ya already, and get ready for next year!

Barry Eller
10-08-2008, 06:50 AM
Mike you did a great job hosting the Rally! Denise and I thank you!

Yes, I had boat troubles, I think there was collateral damage from the bent valve that didn't show up until I got some RPM's. My initial thought is a wrist pin on a piston. I should know this weekend.

We still had a great time meeting everyone!

Here is the only photo I got to take while on the Donzi (being towed) and 1 photo of the 22 on the trailer in our front yard before leaving Friday.

By the way, having Boat US towing insurance is well worth the $$$. My tow bill was $410.00 which was covered by my membership. I highly recommend it!!!

FISHIN SUCKS
10-08-2008, 09:04 AM
1 photo of the 22 on the trailer in our front yard before leaving Friday.

I almost didn't recognize the boat, w/no scum line that is (dirty boy)!

I was not for sure if that was the new Rumshaker until I spotted Shelley's butt on the deck! She makes a GREAT bow ornament:yes::biggrin.:

Looks like it was a great time, we'll shoot for next year!

Budmann
10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Looks like everyone had fun! Hey Mikey... is that "HOT" girl next to you lost??
LMAO!!!
If she is with you that is AWESOME!!! You deserve a sweet, hot girl!!
Will not miss next years mainly because my wife will KILL me!!

Bud and Denese

Tidbart
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Looks like everyone had fun! Hey Mikey... is that "HOT" girl next to you lost??
LMAO!!!
If she is with you that is AWESOME!!! You deserve a sweet, hot girl!!
Will not miss next years mainly because my wife will KILL me!!

Bud and Denese

That was my other girlfriend. I let Mikey pose with her.:yes:

B

MikeMiller
10-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you, Bob! I'm not sure if she even knew my name... she kept calling out "God". ;)

Team Jefe
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Well you are Saint Mikey:kingme:

Tidbart
10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you, Bob! I'm not sure if she even knew my name... she kept calling out "God". ;)

That's what I told her your name was.:biggrin.:

B

Cuda
10-20-2008, 07:59 PM
That was my other girlfriend. I let Mikey pose with her.:yes:

B
Share the wealth, Bob. :)

Budmann
10-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Bob don't tell Cuda He didn't come to the rally. Buddy JOA closed at least two locations last week, but I don't know if they are out of business yet.

Cuda
11-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Bob don't tell Cuda He didn't come to the rally. Buddy JOA closed at least two locations last week, but I don't know if they are out of business yet.
Cuda has been to Destin, when it was a tiny fishing town. Not a high rise in sight. It's hard to believe it now days. :(