PDA

View Full Version : Coral Gables..Poodle?

Cuda
05-22-2008, 08:56 AM
What's it like there? I have a job I can't decide whether to bid on it or not. Do I speak the language there?

Cuda
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
It's for a Panera Bread, so I didn't figure it was in a bad part of town, mostly wondering about the motel situation. I've had motels where the guy next door was slinging crack all night long. I had them move me to the other end of the building the next night, I couldn't get any sleep with all the people in and out of the room next door.

VetteLT193
05-22-2008, 11:48 AM
It's for a Panera Bread, so I didn't figure it was in a bad part of town, mostly wondering about the motel situation. I've had motels where the guy next door was slinging crack all night long. I had them move me to the other end of the building the next night, I couldn't get any sleep with all the people in and out of the room next door.

Coral Gables is nice. To help put it in perspective, it's where Jeb Bush lives. I'm guessing you'll have a harder time finding a motel than winding up in a bad one. I'm thinking even the Holiday inn in Gables probably pulls some pretty good coin.

I'd check the rates before bidding on the job

mjw930
05-22-2008, 01:56 PM
What's it like there? I have a job I can't decide whether to bid on it or not. Do I speak the language there?

Joe,

We used to have an office in Coral Gables and I would end up staying at an Airport hotel more times than not simply due to the price. Most of them are in the $75 - $100 / night range.

Heck, I just looked and the Biltmore is only $169 / night..... The Extended Stay hotel right on Coral Way is only $110 and the The Chateaubleau Hotel (stayed there a couple times) is under $100.

Coconut Grove and South Beach are where the real pricey hotels are.

Cuda
05-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Ouch! It doesn't sound like a place where I'll be able to find what my guys refer to as a "Joe-tel". :)

BlownCrewCab
05-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Head up to around 79th and you could get a real HO-Tel. J/K Don't go anywhere around 79th st if you don't have too. Stay down in Coral Gables and you'll be fine, Try some real Cuban food, it's pretty good stuff. thats one of the things I Miss about Miami. The Food, Then The Beach, The Hot Chics and the never ending evolution of the Fast Boat.

Cuda
05-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Rode the scooter up Biscayne through the 79th street district recently for the first time in years.. It's not quite the ho-tel district it used to be, matter of fact it appears to be the mainland mecca for the errr, humm, how to put it, "artsy" crowd...
Joe, how many people, when? I can check some of the hotels by my house, about 15ish minutes south of the Gables...
I'm not sure when. The GC called me yesterday, to see if I was going to bid it. He doesn't even know if he has the job yet. I'll probably send four guys down, if we get the job. I'll do a take off, and send him a bid today. I've already got all the prices for doing a Panera Bread, so it's just a matter of doing a take off, which is the quickest part of a bid.