PDA

View Full Version : residue on the paint inbetween the pipes

Planetwarmer
05-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Any ideas on how to easily remove the white residue off of the transom? Vinegar works well on the tips, but not on the paint.

I used polishing compound, it just took a while. Im just looking for an easier way to do this, considering I need to do this every time I wash the boat.

Thanks

MOP
05-21-2008, 05:20 AM
A lot of good info in the post below, once clean the best bet is to keep a good coat of wax on the transom as gel coat is porous.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52685

harbormaster
05-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Meguiars G9524 Hot RimsĀ® All Wheel Cleaner. Works great. I used forever on the painted mags on my car and they got them clean with out touching them. Spray on, wait 35 seconds and rise off.

I had some yellow stains on the my white 18 donzi. I had tried everything. I thought what the hell? I sprayed it on and watched the stains melt away. Give it a shot. You can get it at most autoparts stores.

MOP
05-21-2008, 07:58 AM
I knew that magic product would pop up again, since you first mentioned it a few years back I have kept it around works wonders! Thanks again Scot!

Phil

BigGrizzly
05-21-2008, 08:37 AM
There are a few around. Starbrite hull cleaner is the best off the shelf boat cleaner. There is also Wink, at Wal-Mart, Like Harbor master says 35 seconds and rinse, some times a little more. One note if you have an old aluminum trailer be careful it etches it if not whetted first. Me I am going to get the hot wheels cleaner since it is the only one I haven't tried yet. For the people who don't know this yet Scott doesn't blow smoke.

MOP
05-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Yup Randy Wink is one of the absolute best products for rust, now I have to try it on stains.

Phil