PDA

View Full Version : Trouble brewing down in Ga

The Hedgehog
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I see something that may cause some problems for a few Fountains and Baja's down in Georgia!:eek!:

Once he gets that intake milled down a bit things should get out of hand pretty soon.

I better be spinning some pretty good numbers on the dyno tomorrow to keep up with that!

Oh well, back to work

CJmike
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Must be LRT's motor. Here I thought we were finally get to see a picture of yours in the boat.

Jamesbon
05-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Brodix heads are the $hit! That should be a mean set-up. :eek!:

Last Real Texan
05-20-2008, 09:21 PM
The thing is I do not know if is for me or everyone else. Some things I have learned about doing this are many and nothing is as easy as it looks.
#1 Time estimations are Bullchit
#2 Injury can strike at any time ( the torn Bicep But not boat related )
#3 Aftermarket Stuff does not always bolt right up
#4 Head Accesory stud bosses are not 7/16 out of the box, good thing I checked before install:confused:
#5 That little spash heat tray in the lifter valley can cuase havoc if you do not trim the gaskets for clearance:smash::smash:
#6 Fuel injectors are a pain in the ass:shocking:
#7 Waiting on your machinist can cause you to have a couple of beers in the afternoon on a tuesday:beer:
#8 waiting even more for the machinist can cause you to have a couple of shots in the afternoon on a tuesday
#9 Tuesday is now officially wait and drink day:happy_bi:
#10 Timing is again bullchit ....I missed AOTH!:hangum:
Now for real it is almost back together and it should be on the water this weekend....:crossfing:
Thanks for the kind words.....I am going to bed I have a nasty headache!

Cuda
05-20-2008, 10:53 PM
The thing is I do not know if is for me or everyone else. Some things I have learned about doing this are many and nothing is as easy as it looks.
#1 Time estimations are Bullchit
#2 Injury can strike at any time ( the torn Bicep But not boat related )
#3 Aftermarket Stuff does not always bolt right up
#4 Head Accesory stud bosses are not 7/16 out of the box, good thing I checked before install:confused:
#5 That little spash heat tray in the lifter valley can cuase havoc if you do not trim the gaskets for clearance:smash::smash:
#6 Fuel injectors are a pain in the ass:shocking:
#7 Waiting on your machinist can cause you to have a couple of beers in the afternoon on a tuesday:beer:
#8 waiting even more for the machinist can cause you to have a couple of shots in the afternoon on a tuesday
#9 Tuesday is now officially wait and drink day:happy_bi:
#10 Timing is again bullchit ....I missed AOTH!:hangum:
Now for real it is almost back together and it should be on the water this weekend....:crossfing:
Thanks for the kind words.....I am going to bed I have a nasty headache!
Working on boats, is just like construction work. There are only two things you can be absolutely sure of:

1 It will take longer
2 It will cost more

BigGrizzly
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
As all the racers say, "work expands to the time allotted plus 10%". Racers don't talk $ if they do they don't race!!!

The Hedgehog
05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Must be LRT's motor. Here I thought we were finally get to see a picture of yours in the boat.

I wish. Mine is actually attached to a dyno right now. Eddie will make a few pulls this afternoon and then wait on some more pulleys to be overnighted.

I should be able to post some dyno numbers and pics by this time tomorrow. Eddie will take a video of the motor doing some pulls.

glashole
05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Working on boats, is just like construction work. There are only two things you can be absolutely sure of:

1 It will take longer
2 It will cost more

Now that is funny :)

and true:smash:

Air 22
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Very niiiiiice....:yes:

Nothing like a nice clean head job!!:smash::cool::wink::):yes: