PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Performance Rules Again!

fasttrucker
05-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Went out this past sat. on the chesapeake bay.Paper said 1 to 2 feet but the wind picked up white caps,3 to 4 feet.My 28 donzi took it easy on the way out of the north east river, past jacksons marine.head seas. Then rounded out Turkey Pt.I didnt get wet but, the bow/deck was wet anyway turned-up the C+D Canal and with following seas hit the gas.Up to about 40mph just taking it easy,not wanting to stuff it.WHEN gizzy and jason with the two 32 ft sunsations came up from behind.:eek!:(SPEEDWAKE gang).GAME-ON.............I was able to keep up with them(they have twin 496ho,s)They rode a little nicer then my single engine donzi in the high waves.They have a top speed about 83mph.Down in the c+d where its more like a river I hit 74gps not bad for a full tank and last years fuel.Here are some pics from the Chesapeake Inn.

LKSD
05-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Looks like a good time.. :) Jamie

fasttrucker
05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Try that in a lightweight eggbeater boat... :pimp:
Ive been rethinking that,So Iam waiting for Donzi to come-up with a twin outboard version of a zx or zr closed deck performance boat like that 30 concept.Maybe waiting a long time........Hey MadDog Man, what do you think would save gas on my boat,running a IMCO Shortened lower unit 1 or 2 inch and a 5-blade maximus with a higher pitch?