PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Twenty Foot Cigarette Poker Run-June 28th

ITTLFLI
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM
A couple of these guys joined us at AOTH this year. They are a great group and invited us Classic guys to run with them the weekend of June 28th. I went last year and had a blast! I am planning on going again.

Anybody else?

WHEN:June 28th
WHERE: Michigan(south of Detroit)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186677

hot shot
05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I'll be there and roadtrip is comming and riding with me and i might let jill run my 18 if its now sold by then.
lets wake up all the mich and ohio donzi's and show up

roadtrip se
05-19-2008, 05:43 PM
They are in with their 22.

Also, got a note from Big Wave Dave and he will be there with his 22.

And yes, I will be riding with Mick. The offer of the 18 is quite generous and maybe we will put Jill in it.

C'mon MADCOW gang, the Cig guys were a great bunch at AOTH, the hardware is sweet, and they are in your backyard.

Let's go!

Schaf
05-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I would like to go this year. Whats the schedule and accommodations??

Dr. Dan
05-28-2008, 09:40 PM
:smash::smash:Maybe? Depends on a few unknowns getting sorted out... but I might just be stupid enough to come up for it....

Doc of Dootle All Day :cool:

ITTLFLI
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
:smash::smash:Maybe? Depends on a few unknowns getting sorted out... but I might just be stupid enough to come up for it....
Doc of Dootle All Day :cool:

Come on DOC!!! :shocking::cool:

:hyper:

:fam:

ITTLFLI
05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I would like to go this year. Whats the schedule and accommodations??

Cut and paste from Mike Baldwins post................

2008 TWENTY-FOOT CIGARETTE POKER RUN ITINERARY
(PRELIMINARY)

FRIDAY NIGHT (JUNE 27, 2008) (OPTIONAL)

6:30 PM MEET AT WOODHAVEN HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS MOTEL AT WEST ROAD AND I-75

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/woohv?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/hotelsearchresults

LOCAL GUYS PROVIDE RIDES AND/OR MAPS TO DOWNRIVER CRUISE OBSERVATION AREA
DOWNRIVER CRUISE IS BIG CLASSIC CAR/TRUCK/HOT ROD CRUISE EVENT. OFFICIAL EVENT IS SATURDAY, JUNE28, BUT HUNDREDS OF VEHICLES WILL BE ATTENDING FRIDAY NIGHT
POKER RUN PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING CLASSIC CARS/TRUCKS/BIKES/ETC. TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CRUISE
RESERVED OBSERVATION AREA IS LARGE PARKING LOT NEXT TO CRUISE ROUTE. PORTABLE CHAIRS, COOLERS, PLASTIC DRINKING GLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED. LOCAL GUYS ARE ASKED TO BRING EXTRA CHAIRS FOR OUT-OF-TOWNERS

SATURDAY (JUNE28, 2008 POKER RUN

10:00 AM REGISTRATION AND DRIVER MEETING AT LAKE ERIE METRO PARK BOAT LAUNCH. $40 PER BOAT COVERS CARDS ONLY. MEALS AND DRINKS ARE CASH
10:45 DEPART ERIE METRO PARK FOR FIRST STOP
11:30 ARRIVE AT FIRST STOP – PORTOFINO RESTAURANT FOR BRUNCH AND GET FIRST CARD (APPROX. TEN MILES)
1:00 DEPART FOR SECOND STOP
1:30 ARRIVE AT SECOND STOP T.B.D.AND GET SECOND CARD)
2:30 DEPART FOR THIRD STOP
3:30 ARRIVE AT THIRD STOP – ELBA MAR BOAT CLUB AND GET THIRD CARD (EMBC – APPROX TWENTY MILES)
4:30 DEPART FOR FOURTH STOP
5:00 ARRIVE AT FOURTH/LAST STOP – FORD YACHT CLUB AND GET FOURTH AND FIFTH CARDS (FYC – APPROX. TEN MILES)
6:00 AWARD PRESENTATION AND DINNER AT FYC
8:00 DEPART FOR ERIE METRO PARK RAMP (APPROX. FIVE MILES)
9:00 OPTIONAL – MEET AT WOODHAVEN HOLIDAY IN EXPRESS AND TRAVEL TO DOWNRIVER CRUISE

SUNDAY (6-29-08 – OPTIONAL BY SIGN UP

8:00 AM MEET AT ERIE METRO PARK RAMP
8:30 DEPART FOR BREAKFAST RUN TO LOCAL ESTABLISHMENT AND A SHORT RIDE
9:00 ARRIVE FOR BREAKFAST
10:00 DEPART FOR ERIE METRO PARK RAMP AND/OR FOR BOAT TOUR OF LOCAL AREA. DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER WE MAY GO A DISTANCE, SO YOU MY WHAT TO ADD FUEL BEFORE LAUNCHING SUNDAY

Schaf
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
So I assume the hotel is not on the water? SO we launch in the morning pull them out in the afternoon and do it all over again the next day??? Also how far is Troy from this location. Have some family up there.

Schaf
05-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry I did not read all of the above. How many donzi guys are goin?

cherry82482
05-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I plan on being there as long as the weather is nice. I called Mike Baldwin for more details. Still waiting to here back on my two questions. (Is there a minimum speed? and are other boats brands a loud to participate? My friend wants to go but he has a 24 FT BAJA Outlaw) I’m sure it will be a rough ride in my 16 classic.

tiger lily
06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
id like to make it, but i dont think i am this year, however im pretty sure my dad will be running the donzi in it if im not there, so thats 1 more for sure

roadtrip se
06-10-2008, 09:50 AM
from a dark horse, potential, visitor to this rally have come my direction in the past twenty-four hours.

There have been more sitings of Elvis recently than of this Donzi community icon, but I thought I should at least warn everybody of his possible presence, should he actually commit and show up in the building.

Shaping up to be a pretty nice contingent of hardware on the tarmac.

Trueser
06-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I may have been talked into this one.

See if Elvis shows...

Will bring the Scorpion....

Schaf
06-16-2008, 11:03 AM
How many donzi guys plan on going? I plan on it coming up from Chicago

ITTLFLI
06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
How many donzi guys plan on going? I plan on it coming up from Chicago

My guess is 7-10 Donzi's

I will be there in this.........:smash:

Trueser
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Do you think they will mind the 28ZX Scorpion?

hot shot
06-17-2008, 08:35 AM
bring it on mike

Dr. Dan
06-19-2008, 12:06 AM
:smash: Parts on order....likely not going to be complete in time to do this run... I am bummed....

Good news is the IMCO SCX only costs $14,763.27 man what a deal?

So I still will have lunch money leftover for Lees Ford next Spring.

Hmmm :angel:

Doc of Random Steering and Drive Applications :crossfing:

ITTLFLI
06-20-2008, 07:12 AM
:smash: Parts on order....likely not going to be complete in time to do this run... I am bummed....
Good news is the IMCO SCX only costs $14,763.27 man what a deal?
So I still will have lunch money leftover for Lees Ford next Spring.
Hmmm :angel:
Doc of Random Steering and Drive Applications :crossfing:

get it fixed Danny!! We have some fuel to burn!!!!!:smash:

Schaf
06-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I will be there. First time. Looking forward to it.

Schaf
06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
How many total boats do you expect counting me.

roadtrip se
06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Byron... 22
Mick... 22
Carl and Patti... 22
Dave... 22
Mike... 28

So that is five of us for sure, plus the others here who have chimed in on this thread.

Oh yeh, Elvis is confirmed too. I pick him up Friday afternoon.

See ya there...

boxy
06-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Have a great weekend, and say Hi to Elvis for me....
Keep your cell on, 100.01 updates will be sent.

Dr. Dan
06-25-2008, 07:39 PM
:smash: So... I just secured my replacement parts today.... even with Fed X its not gonna happen quick enough...

Maybe next year... have a safe run....

Doc :doh:
Driver of my own boat in every Event....it is broke and I will fix it.:angel:

ygrowup
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Byron... 22
Mick... 22
Carl and Patti... 22
Dave... 22
Mike... 28

So that is five of us for sure, plus the others here who have chimed in on this thread.

Oh yeh, Elvis is confirmed too. I pick him up Friday afternoon.

See ya there...

Dave & Dave show still planning to bring the red menace down. Hope the weather doesn't blow us out. (can't get the boat WET!)

Dave1

tiger lily
06-29-2008, 01:23 PM
local law enforcement had to give us a nice speech

tamburello
06-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I suppose he wasn't telling you to go faster and make more noise. :smash: Wish I could've gone.

- Jeff

roadtrip se
06-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Scattered thoughts...

1) Watch out for the weeds. Need a full report Mick.

2) Multiple blinged-out 20 Cigs in one place makes for sensory overload.

3) Their roosters from behind make it easy to find them no matter how fast they go.

4) Cig 20's break too.

5) Didn't we just stop to eat ten minutes ago?

6) How about taking a little of that water law lecture to the streets of Detroit where they really need to hear it, Barney.

7) Shortie drives do not make you an instant Don Aronow.

8) Byron can hang with the bling, when it's time to run'em.

9) Scorpion 28s rock and they can take all of the Poker Run chips. Thanks for a great ride Trueser.

10) Man, that 40th 22 was yellow and I mean YELLOW. Nice to meet the Schaef brothers. Psst, I've got a deal on some life vests for you.

11) Twenty+ thru-hall performance boats-$2M, one yacht club that caters to sail boats-$30M and maybe a little trouble, welcoming committee on the docks to help us rope off-priceless.

12) Fifteen people in a 20 Cig being ferried over to the yacht club can look way too much like a Florida beach landing. Where was the Coast Guard?

13) A martini (x2), shared with some Donzi and some Cig girls, at sunset after a great day on the water was just perfect.

Thanks to all of the Cig guys for having us and to the organizers, Mike and Rocky. Hope we see you at AOTH again next year, and we will be back!

Todd

Schaf
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
We had a great time. It was really nice meeting everyone and I look forward to the next time. Todd I know you love the yellow.

Special thanks to Mike and Rocky!

ITTLFLI
06-30-2008, 11:47 AM
We had a great time! It was great to see the Donzi boys come out and play with the Cig boys! Also glad to meet some new faces and see some old ones as well!

I posted my pics in the Picture Gallery but here are a few of the Donzi's!

ygrowup
06-30-2008, 11:49 AM
We had a great time. It was really nice meeting everyone and I look forward to the next time. Todd I know you love the yellow.

Special thanks to Mike and Rocky!

Good talking with you guys. Your 22 is knock-down gorgeous....should drag her up to Torch Lake in Aug & break up all this red with a little (well, a lot) of yellow!

Dave1 (double d's)

ygrowup
06-30-2008, 11:55 AM
We had a great time! It was great to see the Donzi boys come out and play with the Cig boys! Also glad to meet some new faces and see some old ones as well!

I posted my pics in the Picture Gallery but here are a few of the Donzi's!

Thanks for the pix Byron. That tow shot should look great next to Jim's Hard Luck award!

Big Blue looked looked great as always...she certainly does fli!

Dave1

Sam
07-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Sounds like a good time, sorry I couldn't make it. I took the boat out for a quick spin just before loading it on the trailer, it was a sweet sunset. Well I took a roller and did a twisted launch and saw nothing but sky :doh:. I came down hard on the rear port corner and tore the trim tab half off. Along with that my back got pretty twisted......ouch. Glad to hear it all worked out for everyone.