PDA

View Full Version : AOTH VIII Theme

RedDog
05-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Most people thought the theme for this year was the X-18
It was really The Year of the Breakdown!

The Hedgehog
05-18-2008, 04:04 PM
The year of the Broken Drive

Donziweasel
05-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Alright, for those of us who were not there, how many breakdown's? Out of how ever many, how many needed a tow home? Heart goes out to you who had mech difficulties, wasn't the most stellar weekend for me either as my boat ain't runnin' right either.

Also, read the post be roadtrip se about the gathering. Sounded like a blast. What was the fastest boat there? Was it a Donzi?

Carl C
05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes who broke down and why? Catch 22, what happened? Hopefully not a major ka-boom. Did Mr. X show up with an Ilmor 22? Todd, did your boat break? Brian41, did you make it? Any problems?

Brian41
05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
No I have 4 major projects going on and 1 of them is mine. But I did watch the web cam as often as I could. Sorry I missed it but I am looking at some of the classics for sale. Who knows maybe a project for next year. Brian

Mr X
05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Yes who broke down and why? Catch 22, what happened? Hopefully not a major ka-boom. Did Mr. X show up with an Ilmor 22? Todd, did your boat break? Brian41, did you make it? Any problems?
No,
I could not make it..... :(
Maybe the next one.

Carl C
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM
No,
I could not make it..... :(
Maybe the next one.

Maybe me too. A little yellow was needed.

The Hedgehog
05-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I though that you did a nice crash landing for someone swing a big prop!

I was already on my backup boat when I got there!

As far as the Gun, I would think it went well into the 90's. It was fun to see the Cig guys there.

Broke'em both. No tow here. Just a crash landing into the docks. I'll let the others tell their plights. I will say that while no one likes a broken ride,
everybody still got some pretty nice runs in withe the boats still in the water. I guess I need to buy another one as a backup for next year.
Fastest boat? I have to give a qualified answer. The fastest RUNNING boat was Phil Lipschitcz's Cig 20 with the 540 cubes turning 600HP with an extended Blackhawk arrangement in my opinion. The boat ran on rails on my port side at 80 while I was the pace boat and appeared to have a whole bunch more. Phil just smiled when I asked him what it could do. The boat was also rigged like a mini Top Gun with everything being absolutely perfect.

Cuda
05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
What was the fastest Donzi? After all, this wasn't a Cig get together.

Last Real Texan
05-19-2008, 05:03 AM
I' m going to hazzard a guess on this one and say Catch 22 before the gremlin reared it's ugly head....

Mr X
05-19-2008, 07:48 AM
I though that you did a nice crash landing for someone swing a big prop!
I was already on my backup boat when I got there!
As far as the Gun, I would think it went well into the 90's. It was fun to see the Cig guys there.
Dang, I wish I could have been there to SPANK the Cig's !!

ITTLFLI
05-19-2008, 07:52 AM

When Lenny and his buddies were in my boat I was running dead even with the red cig (phils brother mike) and Phil past us like he was shot out of a cannon!!! :smash: :) :nilly:

BigGrizzly
05-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Well jury is still out, but mine had no forward gear. Never got to water test it after rebuilding the lower unit. No it is not the outdrive, its the trans It must have broken when the out drive let go last fall. Some how I missed Hedg hog there. It seemed that all the old timers had the troubles. BTW Jill looked good in her boat. She is as good a driver as a deck hand. That boat rocks, My suggestion to the trip is fix her boat FIRST. As for the runs I had a good time with OSU866 and testing props and doing the runs with him. This guy is a real Donziite and a good safe and fast driver.