PDA

View Full Version : Report from AOTH

The Hedgehog
05-18-2008, 03:09 PM
AOTH was a blast. A special thanks to the good people that put it together. I tried to make a point to thank each one of you in person but I think that a few may have escaped before I could to that.

I was proud to be in one of the two only X-18's there (even though mine is still not complete). I got to meet a bunch of the faces behind these names. Learned that everyone is not scared to drive their Donzi's. The fun run was a hoot. The weather turned around to be great, the food was well turned out and the auction seemed to go well.

My only regret is that Tex was not there and the 26 was not ready. That just means that we will have to find some more ZX's to hunt down later this summer!:smash:

I got to purchase some of Dr Dan's quality stuff and am pretty sure that I have an entire Donzi wardrobe now.

I highly recommend going to this event. It was a nice chance to meet good people.

RedDog
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Yep - despite many breakdowns it was a great time.

Funny that some people thought Blackhawks don't require fuel to run

Donziweasel
05-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a blast. Man, would have loved to have been there. It was fun bitchin at the webcam with Poodle though. Sorry to the guys who had mechanical woes. Hopefully we will have as good a time at Powell DACA. NEXT YEAR! Boo Boo already said yes. Hmmmm....... 1500 miles and 23 hours, wonder what gas will be next year. Might buy a Prius with a hitch for the run.

Anyway, been a while since we wondered around the southeast. Talked about doing a big trip and then afterward to Mobile, Atl, and Charleston.

Donzi Vol
05-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for pulling off such a great event! This was my first AOTH and I had a blast. The poker run was cool as can be, the food was excellent, and getting to know everyone was a pleasure. If there's anything about Donzi's that I'm sure of, it's that the owners are some of the best folks out there! I look forward to seeing you all again soon. And of course my deepest condolences to those who had breakdowns. RedDog, if you need any help give me a call...I'll TRY to be of some assistance.

Take care,
David

Team Jefe
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I made it to Houma just fine and have one more adventure in me before I go home.

Todd made a great report, mine will be a few days coming as I have veryh limited access to a computer and I tend to be a little verbose:lookaroun:.

Still in short it was AWESOME, I had a great time from the second I hit the ground at the Somerville "Cabin". Detailed report to come.