PDA

View Full Version : Alpha one exhaust bellows clips

joseph m. hahnl
05-18-2008, 07:37 AM
HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!

I ran into a glitch putting my exhaust bellows on the bell side.
the mounting flange is taper all the way . so they used these clips that would hook the bellows to the bell.

apparently they don't come come with the kit. They are not pictured in any of the physh.

Does any one have a solution ???????????????????????

joe

gcarter
05-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Ya don't really need the exhaust bellows. It'll do just fine w/o it.
Do you even have a Y-tube?
My minx didn't and had the block off plate. In such a case, you REALLY don't need the bellows.

MOP
05-18-2008, 10:36 AM
The bellow helps the guys with through prop exhaust, the flair on the prop helps to extract the exhaust. A fair bit of development went into designing flairs and convergence rings to pull the exhaust out. I feel with through transom exhaust it helps performance slightly by removing it.

joseph m. hahnl
05-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I talked with the guy I got the kit from . He swears there is no such thing.
Yet I removed them. Problem is they shot off into the woods when I was taking them out. I didn't think it mattered because they would come with the kit. He claims that you have to stretch the bellows with a special mercruiser tool. I believe it stretches it and then crimps it so and doesn't shrink closed.

Any more info??????????????

Has any one else omitted the bellows??????????

CHACHI
05-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Joe, my '99 22 with a big block does not have the exhaust bellows. It also has switchable exhaust. I have had zero problems with it.

Ken