PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Boating Movies

Carl C
05-17-2008, 09:03 PM
What are your favorite boating flix? Madison is mine and a couple of others I liked are Captain Ron and Water World. I think a boating movie would have to center on boating and not just have a couple cool boat scenes or chases so Miami Vice, Bond movies etc. can't count.:tv:

Carl C
05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
I just thought of a few more favorites of mine:

Master and Commander
Mutiny On The bounty
Pirates Of The Carribean (all 3)

Are there any others about boat racing? Madison was awesome.

zelatore
05-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Is/was Madison about the Miss Madison hydroplane?

If so, I really need to see that. When I was a kid back in Indiana, my jr. high school history teacher, Mr. Cooper, was heavily involved with that boat. At the time, I remember thinking it sounded cool, but couldn't have been anything really worth while. After all, he was a teacher!

Bright kid, eh? :doh:

onesubdrvr
05-17-2008, 09:56 PM
"Wind" - a blow boat movie, but a good one IMO.

Wayne

DonziFreak
05-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Is/was Madison about the Miss Madison hydroplane?

Yes it is! And its a extremely accurate movie as far as how it records the events (except for one scene with the young boy and the old man). They used actual vintage hydroplanes for the live action (I.E. Non-CG scenes) and even went as far as to have the actual actors driving at full speed with period correct gear. It was a very well done movie, especialy for being a independent film.

But my vote goes for Water World, its one of my personal favorite movies! :biggrin:

Barry Eller
05-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Boatniks...from 1970. Stephanie Powers was HOT!
Elvis made a movie in Miami about boat racing at Miami Marine stadium.
TV had Adventures in Paradise and McHales Navy.
Anyone remember Surfside 6? Troy Donahue and his Berkley Jet Boat?
I guess I'm showing my age...

Carl C
05-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Yes it is! And its a extremely accurate movie as far as how it records the events (except for one scene with the young boy and the old man). They used actual vintage hydroplanes for the live action (I.E. Non-CG scenes) and even went as far as to have the actual actors driving at full speed with period correct gear. It was a very well done movie, especialy for being a independent film.

Yes, that's a good description of the movie. It's an exciting movie with parts that will bring tears to your eyes. Also, it co-stars a young boy and is rated PG so it's a good family movie. Watch it if you can find it.

Boatniks...from 1970. Stephanie Powers was HOT!
Elvis made a movie in Miami about boat racing at Miami Marine stadium.
TV had Adventures in Paradise and McHales Navy.
Anyone remember Surfside 6? Troy Donahue and his Berkley Jet Boat?
I guess I'm showing my age... I'll watch for Boatniks and the Elvis movie. Is Surfside 6 a movie or TV show?

Wayne, blowboat movies count for sure. It's all about being on the water even though I prefer powerboats. 3 (actually 5) of my favorites star tall ships but only because powerboat movies are so rare. Mutiny On Speedracer, that's one I'd like to see! Or Pirates Of Lake Havasu.:smash:

maddad
05-18-2008, 07:48 AM
It's not really a boating movie, but the boating parts of "Live and Let Die" are fun to watch.

McGary911
05-18-2008, 08:49 AM
It's not really a boating movie, but the boating parts of "Live and Let Die" are fun to watch.

This scene alone makes it a heck of a boating movie in my book. :yes:

Ed Donnelly
05-18-2008, 10:02 AM
The Cain Mutiny

African Queen

Both Bogart movies...................Ed

Carl C
05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
African Queen That one for sure. Which reminds me of another classic favorite "The Old Man And The Sea" with Spencer Tracy. I've been dealing in DVDs since they came out and have yet to see these come in. The bond scene was great, so was the scene in "Week-end At Bernies", Bernie can sure ski good for being dead, and Suck-My-Wake in "The Great Outdoors" but I still don't think they qualify as boating flix. I'd like to start a small collection of boating DVDs to keep at the Lake Huron cabin.

chappy
05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
"You're gonna need a bigger boat".:biggrin:

onesubdrvr
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
"You're gonna need a bigger boat".:biggrin:
LMAO,.... I LOVE that movie,.... and I think it should qualify as a boating movie :)

Wayne

f_inscreenname
05-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Any movie with the Iowa-class battleships in it. They are just total bad ass.
http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/iowafiring.jpg