PDA

View Full Version : y pipe help

bulletbrother
05-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I just bought a set of corsa diverters and a y pipe from a guy on the board. my 28zx has stock exhaust (502) with rubber hose running to the tips running thru the transom. My boat does not have a y pipe installed and I thought that I would have to pull the motor to install the y pipe and exhaust bellows. Well I got looking at the y pipe and I dont know if this is the case. I would like to know if anybody has any experience with this. My question is can I install the y pipe and everthing I need with the motor in the boat or will this have to wait to be a winter project by pulling the motor.

MOP
05-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Engine has to come out can't get away with it!

mrfixxall
05-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I just bought a set of corsa diverters and a y pipe from a guy on the board. my 28zx has stock exhaust (502) with rubber hose running to the tips running thru the transom. My boat does not have a y pipe installed and I thought that I would have to pull the motor to install the y pipe and exhaust bellows. Well I got looking at the y pipe and I dont know if this is the case. I would like to know if anybody has any experience with this. My question is can I install the y pipe and everthing I need with the motor in the boat or will this have to wait to be a winter project by pulling the motor.

Mop is rite!! you have to pull the engine unless you have vary small hands to get at the blockoff plate,then trying to get the bolts in the y pipe when installed is a pain..pulling the engine only takes about 1.5 to 2 hours depending what tools you have, but a job like that can be done in a day..:wink: