PDA

View Full Version : 86 Minx Color

margo
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Just rebuilt my engine hatch does anyone know what color the white would be....Boat is red and white it,s kind of off white not bright white...I could bring it and have it scanned but i never got a good match yet...Thanks Joe

gcarter
05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Whites are a problem. During those years many boat mfgrs used something called Classic White. Minicraft offers it. But more than likely it won't be a perfect match.
If you're painting it, then any high end automotive paint supply store like BASF or Dupont should be able to get you in the ball park.
If you want to gel it, Minicraft in Wildwood FL can match it for you. The match charge is $75.00.
Or maybe a local glass shop can do it for you.

zelatore
05-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Minicraft does a decent job, but don't expect perfection on an older hull.

I just had them send me some red to match the stripe on my '01 22, and while it's very close, it's not perfect. Most people will never notice, but I know it's there. I'll probably end up re-spraying that entire stripe anyway as the part over the engine hatch has faded more than the rest of it.

BTW, my gel guy was like 'man, that's some serious WHITE!' It's about as close to pure white (at least on my 2001) as he's ever seen.

margo
05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys i,ll probably go with dupont centari with hardener then wet sand and buff...Have done a few cars with this process and they came out pretty well..Autobody will scan it for no charge won,t be perfect but close enough after a few drinks