PDA

View Full Version : Next Fad Boat Color - Lime Green?

Carl C
05-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Yellow seems to have been the predominate color of performance boats the last few years but it looks like lime green is on deck to become the new color of choice.

Ed Donnelly
05-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Don't forget GUCCI GREEN.. I am sure several members will
remember this colour.............Ed

Carl C
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I remember the Gucci green 22 a while ago. It caught some flack before the "boat ads are sacred" thing was pointed out. I really can't see this color working with the simple color schemes of the Classics but it does work when used creatively like on this months Hot Boat cover. It's showing up more and more in the magazines.

MOP
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I managed to see that 22 in the flesh, it did reside up by 1K. Wonder what ever happened to it.

ChromeGorilla
05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I love the color...just not on a classic....
if I were building say a new badass ZRC, sure.. I'd use it.

Lime green...purples...silvers..white...blue maybe..... kinda along the lines of the boat in these pics..... which came from my folder "Lime Green color ideas"....:wink::smash:

Maybe a ZRC with the paint scheme in the last picture = SICK.

McGary911
05-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Colors like this are definately a beauty is in the eye of the beholder type thing. Porsche had colors like this in the early 70's. Tennis ball yellows, oranges, bright blues, etc. You can still get special order funky colors.

I think it's easier to get away with on a boat, as these days crazy paint jobs are pretty common.

boxy
05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I really can't see this color working with the simple color schemes of the Classics ....

I love the color...just not on a classic....
You guys better watch your mailboxes for special delivery Tuna Cans from New Jersey ..... :eek!::eek!:

ChromeGorilla
05-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh my....do tell...

yeller
05-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't forget AMC's Big Bad Green option in 69/70!:drive:

Carl C
05-14-2008, 01:35 PM
You guys better watch your mailboxes for special delivery Tuna Cans from New Jersey ..... :eek!::eek!: Well my addy is on post #3 if you look close. The last time I posted my addy I got a cool DVD from chappy. Hold the dead fish please. And when it comes to colors and paint jobs you just can't compare boats to cars.

boxy
05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Boys, there is a long time member who is the process of restoring a classic (small c classic) Donzi, and it is being painted in a very vibrant colour of green.
This member does exceptional work, but like most artists he's a little tempermental. He's been known too send some "special" gifts via the US Mail.

Do a search :D :D

ChromeGorilla
05-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Boys, there is a long time member who is the process of restoring a classic (small c classic) Donzi, and it is being painted in a very vibrant colour of green.
This member does exceptional work, but like most artists he's a little tempermental. He's been known too send some "special" gifts via the US Mail.
Do a search :D :D

Whom ever could that be....? :wink::nilly: :D

Ranman
05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Lots of boat color fads.

The classic teal and pink of the 80's is the perfect example. Some of the Formulas had this scheme through the 90's. WTF? A deal breaker for me.

Newer examples
I see purple and yellow on the sunsations, donzis, fountanis, etc. It looks good now, but I think that this one will be the next teal and pink.

The orange susnset fade is another questionable one. Oh, you can throw in all of the finish lines and checkerboards too. They look OK now, but I don't trust the staying power.

I'm even 50/50 on all of the flowing stars and stripes jobs.

PErsonally for me, when it comes to a boat, classis is the only choice. Red (or a nice burgundy), Navy and Black are about it. Make it a boot stripe. Make it a hull side color. Whatever. THose boats are always in and always classy.