PDA

View Full Version : AOTH Jamestown Webcam...

roadtrip se
05-13-2008, 04:11 PM
For those of you who want to watch the start of the runs on Friday and Saturday, there is a webcam. It just happens to be pointed at the harbor opening where we will be congregating to make the runs.

I believe we start at 12:00CST on Friday and Saturday.

You can also see a bit of the docks. We will make sure to wave on occassion and generate other expressions of greeting which I cannot be responsible for.

Go to: www.lakecumberland.com and click on the Jamestown cam section on the home page.

Not as good as being here, but you can watch the carnage!

goatee
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
well that "item" i was going to see about,,? is gone.:garfield:
it was a white banner that simply said "DONZI" in black letters.
pretty simple, no frilz,, but it was huge! like 5' x like 20-25' long.

big enough to keep the rain off alot of peoples heads, and be seen from space!

smallblockford
05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
what is the aoth? thanx sorry new on this one

goatee
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
awakening of the horses

boxy
05-15-2008, 05:34 AM
Still no boats at the docks..

Swine.. :hangum:

I'm not really sure what's in the water as it's barely daylight there now, what kind of Super POODLE VISION are you using to catch a peek at 0dark:30 :D

show-n-go h2o
05-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Infra-red cam...

Still no Donzi's... What a bunch of stooges... :smash:

it's raining.:smash: i think most everyoe that is here is still hiding..

zelatore
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I didn't know Awakening was a houseboat event. I count over 20 of the suckers, but no Donzis.

Ed Donnelly
05-15-2008, 11:21 AM
WOW; Just spotted 2 Donzi's Oh wait...........

No; not Donzi's; they are house boats

Must be

The Awakening Of The Porta Potties...................Ed

zelatore
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Press Release From Donzi Marine:

Donzi Marine introduces new line of Performance Houseboats!

"We're please to announce we'll be using the well known 'Awakening of the Horses' event to premier our most exciting product to date: the Z-rated Houseboat!"

"With today's discriminating boaters demanding more and more accomodations such as biminis, aft-deck sun pads, and windshields, we felt this was the prefect time to bring this product off the shelf and onto the water."

"Most people don't realize Don was actually quite the houseboat fan. He actually drew up several designs for houseboats during the late 60's. This really shouldn't come as such a surprise given his reputation with the Ladies - you know he always needed a little extra space away from home... We've taken his original designs and updated them with current trends in technology and we're confident the Donzi faithfull will embrace them as well as those coming from a traditional houseboat enviroment."

Carl C
05-15-2008, 01:21 PM
It's raining.:(:doh::umbrella:

zelatore
05-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I keep checking in, but all I've seen moving are houseboats and rain drops.

:(

zelatore
05-15-2008, 01:44 PM
And now the houseboats are leaving.

Bye bye little houseboats, bye bye!

zelatore
05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Ooh! Look! Some sort of smaller, faster boats!

Where's the *&%^% zoom on this thing?! How am I supposed to live vicariously without a zoom???:smash:

CJmike
05-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Donzi sighted at the dock.

Carl C
05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Ooh! Look! Some sort of smaller, faster boats!

Where's the *&%^% zoom on this thing?! How am I supposed to live vicariously without a zoom???:smash:Lower right. You can zoom up to 150%. I see one red 22C at the dock. Looks like the rain stopped.

zelatore
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
3:20 - A second white w/red strip classic has appeared! And people - there are people acutally on the docks near it!

WooHoo - it's a party now!

CJmike
05-15-2008, 03:36 PM
It might be a 3rd pulling in now.

zelatore
05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
They're on a roll now! 4th classic is pulling up to the docks.

I'm guessing the 3rd boat is a classic - can't see it very well through the text at the bottom of the screen.

Air 22
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
I c 5 Donzi's?...broken clouds? Dr. Dan and Ed "Undertaker" arrived yesterday...Yet no Teal or Red 22C's?:nilly::nilly: Doc must still be unloading the 3000lbs of Donzi Clothing Line he hauled in...man thats alot of Thongs...:doh::rolleyes::biggrin.:hope we c more soon...:smash:

zelatore
05-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh man, I stop watching the web cam to actually do a little work and suddenly it's a riot! 9 little Donzi's ... all in a row.

Carl C
05-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Does the sun ever shine there? I hope so:crossfing:.

BUIZILLA
05-16-2008, 07:28 AM
where's the Crown ?? :smash: :smash: :popcorn:

The Hedgehog
05-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Tell the folks that Hedge is on the way.

I ran into a few issues over the last couple of days.

Bringing the X-18. Should be there shortly after lunch.

Where will be the best place to find everyone?

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2008, 08:55 AM
I see some life on the docks.... there taking the ****pit cover off one of the boats....

Oh wait....4 more arriving ....lol

zelatore
05-16-2008, 09:40 AM
OK, I still count at least 4 empty slips. Somebody needs to fill these up before 9:30 pacific time since I've got to go train some new yacht owners then and won't be able to keep tabs on what's going on for the rest of the day.

I want to see some water ballet - why don't they try circling the boats to spell out Donzi or maybe just make a big 'Z' - I'm sure the web cam people would send you the shots.

Air 22
05-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Slackers are sleeping in.. Guess I should have gone, I'm usually everybodies alarm clock since I dock bow in :D :D :D

So this line.."Guess I should of gone"...will NOT be repeated nor accepted for the LG Dust-Off by YOU or Buzilla...:):)

zelatore
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
My last chance to check in....looks like the place is starting to 'awaken'. I see boats at the fuel dock.

Wish I was there instead of teaching docking to a new 59 owner in 100-degree weather.

:propeller:

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Yup.... they should be heading out shortly.... :smash:

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Looks like there in the "milling" area.... hope they all have a good day on the water!

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2008, 11:49 AM
And they're on their way....wonder if it'll rain.... :D

are the going to Lee's Ford for lunch?.... if so...maybe we'll see'em.

Air 22
05-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Weather cleared, one boat still at dock..

Freeakin lighweights..

Anonymous harrasser
Cel will be off all weekend..

LMAO...That's Funny:lol9::fam:

Cuda
05-16-2008, 10:25 PM
So this line.."Guess I should of gone"...will NOT be repeated nor accepted for the LG Dust-Off by YOU or Buzilla...:):)
Ouch! I reckon that'll learn 'em! :)

I spoke to the "Queen of Cumberland" this morning. He said he and Russ had launched their boats, but it was cloudy and looked like rain. He was eating breakfast when I called (imagine that! :) )

I spoke to Jerry Eisle's daughter on another forum, and told her make sure she met him, and called him the Queen. Apparently, she's done her job well, according to Jimmy. :) I'll call him again tomorrow, and see if he still owns the crown.

Cuda
05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Weather cleared, one boat still at dock..

Freeakin lighweights..

Anonymous harrasser
Cel will be off all weekend..
It might be below 80 degrees Scott.

(Rembering Dora, a couple years ago)

Btw, Jimmy had on shorts and sandals, but was going back to the room to put on long pants. :) I asked Gina yesterday, if she packed jackets this year, so they didn't have to go to K Mart first thing in the morning.

Donzi Racer
05-16-2008, 11:42 PM
I started the week in Tuscon, then Kansas City & bought # 12 Donzi, then to Orlando, upstate new york, Brimfield Mass. back to Orlando, then to Birmingham Al to get the Ole Blue Thunder 22 and I pulled in at 7:10 pm and still had time to go out for a quick run with nephew before the barbeque. Man is there some nice Donzi's and Cig's here. I am walking around in a stupor. I like it. Can't wait for tomorrow which is today now as it is a little late. I do believe we will be going to K-Mart in the morning for some coats since I only brought short sleeves and shorts. Duh, it was 80 degrees on Mass. so I thought I would be fine. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!

The Racer is in the House in the slowest boat here.

Carl C
05-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Looks like a sunny day for you guys. Catch 22, no hurry. I bet on you to burn 5 gallons. I know I'd burn at least 100 gallons on a 3 day event. Y'all aren't gonna just hang at the hotel and sandbars are you:eek!:?

CHACHI
05-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Flat water and cold dense air. What else do you need.

Ken

boxy
05-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Has anyone actually seen a boat move ?????

I think this AOTH is being run by the same guys who faked the Moon Landing.........

Cuda
05-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Looks like a sunny day for you guys. Catch 22, get moving. I bet on you to burn 100 gallons. I know I'd burn at least that on a 3 day event. Y'all aren't gonna just hang at the hotel and sandbars are you:eek!:?
He'll probably burn a whole tank today. When we made that run in Miami a couple years back, he ran out, just after he got in the now wake zone, to go back to the boat launch. That was embarassing for Jimmy, being towed in by a fishboat, of course, if he didn't drive like he stole it, he would have made it. :)

Donziweasel
05-17-2008, 07:26 AM
BRRRRRRIIIINGGG......WAKE UP! it is 8:15 on what looks like to be a nice Sat morning. What ever happened to coffee and a Donzi cruise?????

I'm with Poddle, slackers. Not even a wanderer on the docks.

BTW, not sure what kind of pics you guys are getting, but mine are really clear and crisp. Nice cam.

Donziweasel
05-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Hope they fogged the carbs and put some Stabil in the tanks. Gas is going to go bad sitting there that long.:eek!:

Cuda
05-17-2008, 07:42 AM
I just talked to Catch. His boat is on the trailer, they think it's a gimble bearing, which I seriously doubt. They just had his engine out, strengthening his transom, so I'm really suspicious of improper alignment, from the way he described it. When they had the engine out, any mechanic would have noticed a bad gimble bearing. Sucks for Jimmy, and it sucks for me, since I won't be able to give him a hard time the rest of the weekend. :(

Cuda
05-17-2008, 07:44 AM
When I posted that it was 78 degrees according to local weather Cuda.. Right now it's nippy, but that lake early in the AM is a dream..

78 is about twelve degrees colder than what you require, isn't it. :)

boxy
05-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Damn boats are gonna rot sitting there for Pete's sake..

Major reason I am not there BTW, note the Top Boat sponsors name. (http://www.maddogclassic.com/)..

Had a HELL of a Captains meeting on South Beach last night..
Poodle, if you happen to come across an extra XL MadDog shirt, I'd be willing to trade it for something in kind say Mid June-ish..... :D :D

Donziweasel
05-17-2008, 07:47 AM
The covers on the boats look faded from sitting for soooo long.:smash:

Cuda
05-17-2008, 07:50 AM
When Catch first got on the phone, I told him that all those guys are catching hell on Donzi net, and they had best quit slacking.

Cuda
05-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Damn boats are gonna rot sitting there for Pete's sake..

Major reason I am not there BTW, note the Top Boat sponsors name. (http://www.maddogclassic.com/)..

Had a HELL of a Captains meeting on South Beach last night..
Like I always say, a poor excuse is better than no excuse.:))

boxy
05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Long or short sleeve ??

Short sleeve, thank you .... :D

zimm17
05-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Burrrrrrrr:

CONDITIONS
Now: 66°
Sky: Clear
Wind: SW at 13 mph
Visibility: 10 miles
Dewpoint: 45°F
Humidity: 46%
Barometer: 29.90 in
Updated: 24 min ago
Water Temp: 65.2 °F
Lake Level: 681.54'
± 0.8" in 24 hrs

Carl C
05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I wonder if they're partying:party: or if they're all pooped out:blub:?

Air 22
05-17-2008, 08:55 PM
If you zoom in you can see grass starting to grow on the waterlines... :smash:
I hired a diver to clean the hull's from stagnation...:hangum::smash:
looks like a 12,000HP park N tie-up:nilly:

The weather looked nice today in the afternoon:confused:

Carl C
05-18-2008, 06:51 AM
61* this morning! Way down there. I see a lot of pooped out pirates heading home early today.........

Donziweasel
05-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Weenies!:wink:

Cuda
05-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I talked to Catch this morning, he's already headed back. They left at 4:30 this morning. I feel bad for him, that's a long ass drive, not to get to run his boat much.:(

Donziweasel
05-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Well, lets hear the carnage. Who else broke down? Feel bad for anyone who did. Some came a long way for the event to have mechanical trouble.

Trueser
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Would have been nice for a few snapshots of the web cam.

Donzi Vol
05-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Uncle Tommy and I decided to go ahead and stay until late afternoon. Shoot, we both had relatively short drives, and didn't have much else going on today. Anyway, not sure if anybody else was there for the DOWNPOOR that we enjoyed. He and I are very similar in that if we see a dark cloud coming in, but we're already in the boat with smiles on our faces...we're not turning back. Anyway, long story short those many many many raindrops felt like pellets on our dart back to the dock. But it was a fun little adventure, though...and that's what matters!

show-n-go h2o
05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Uncle Tommy and I decided to go ahead and stay until late afternoon. Shoot, we both had relatively short drives, and didn't have much else going on today. Anyway, not sure if anybody else was there for the DOWNPOOR that we enjoyed. He and I are very similar in that if we see a dark cloud coming in, but we're already in the boat with smiles on our faces...we're not turning back. Anyway, long story short those many many many raindrops felt like pellets on our dart back to the dock. But it was a fun little adventure, though...and that's what matters!

we were out there but missed the storm. we were hanging out at the falls,then we got a call that it was rainy at the dock, we headed out to the other side of the lake. stayed dry all day then met up with another brave one from florida and had a few cold ones.

Donzi Vol
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Well I've gotta say that I like your idea a little better than ours. Although we did get a nice ride on a Carver cruiser for sale after we pulled in a slip to wait out the storm. That was fun.