PDA

View Full Version : What the hell??????

Donziweasel
05-12-2008, 08:39 AM
After a somewhat nice, if not windy, weekend, woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow. Mountains got much more than that. Although I have seen it snow out here every month of the year, I have never seen it snow so routinly in May. Snowed 7 out of 11 days this month. Usually it is in the 70's and somewhat nice. Global Warming blah blah blah. Record snowfall this winter, a winter that won't give up, -30's this past winter. Where is that climate change? I have flowers AND snow in the front yard.

Last Real Texan, Hedgehog-Snake still sleeping at 4000cfs.

Digital camera broke, or I would take a pic of my white yard.

Carl C
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
It's been cold and rainy in Michigan for 2 days too. This isn't helping Al Gore's credability much.............:(

Tony
05-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I think you guys are missing a main point.
Overall global warming? Yes, that is on record as happening.
Unusual weather patterns? Yes again, as described quite well above.

Remember..."global warming" has been replaced by the more accurate, and updated, term "climate change".
Those who continue to deny it are like our politicians...too many of whom have their heads stuck in the sand!

:beer:

Carl C
05-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Well frankly, Tony, I wish it would hurry up.

Tony
05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Sunny and 72 is what I hear for Tuesday, Carl, so maybe spring has finally sprung!

zelatore
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Assuming you'll get the weather we have here in NorCal a few days later, you're in luck. We're looking for triple-digits in the delta later this week.

I'm breaking a sweat just thinking about it.

Carl C
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I will watch the weather tonight and if that's the forcast then I may plan a trip to Lake St. Clair. I really need to go on a good run. Thanks for not ripping my on the global warming comment. There's no way I'm gonna get drawn into a debate on that, especially if it turned into a cut and paste debate. DW, sorry you got snowed on.

chappy
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for not ripping my on the global warming comment.

I took your comment as tongue in cheek, just a little light hearted humor.:)

Donziweasel
05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Climate change.....hmmmm.....in the last 14 years I have seen drought, flood, super high temps, super low temps, and in my current state-wet springs, hot spings, cold springs, etc... I guess all I can say is that I believe in climate change because it changes everyday here!:smash:

Tony
05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I guess all I can say is that I believe in climate change because it changes everyday here!:smash:

Sounds a lot like Michigan!

Donziweasel
05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
It was feakishly cold today. High of only 40 and windy. Plus, a little humid from the snow this morning and afternoon. I am over it! Oh well, winter can't last forever, can it? How cold in Michigan today Tony?

Carl C
05-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Tuesday wasn't too bad so I got on the local lake for a few hours. It was about 68* and sunny. Today is cold and rainy again with no end in sight:(. I really need to get in a good long run soon.........:nilly::nilly::nilly:.