PDA

View Full Version : Amp almost done ????

Schaf
05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Ok I have everything hooked up and it sounds great. Only ran into one problem and guess what.... it was with the battery switch. There are 3 posts, 1 goes to battery 1 and 1 goes to battery 2 and 1 goes out. The switch was not marked well so it took sometime to figure out what post. Well I think I got the post right. In small raised letters.. very very small raised letters one post was marked FEEDER they other 2 being battery 1 and battery 2. I assume the FEEDER post was where I should connect the amp power line. Someone please confirm..... Thanks again for all the help.

blackhawk
05-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok I have everything hooked up and it sounds great. Only ran into one problem and guess what.... it was with the battery switch. There are 3 posts, 1 goes to battery 1 and 1 goes to battery 2 and 1 goes out. The switch was not marked well so it took sometime to figure out what post. Well I think I got the post right. In small raised letters.. very very small raised letters one post was marked FEEDER they other 2 being battery 1 and battery 2. I assume the FEEDER post was where I should connect the amp power line. Someone please confirm..... Thanks again for all the help.

It's been awhile since I did mine but if I remember correctly I put mine on the same post as the wire going to the starter. My logic was that post was hot no matter what the switch was on.

mjw930
05-10-2008, 04:54 PM
It's been awhile since I did mine but if I remember correctly I put mine on the same post as the wire going to the starter. My logic was that post was hot no matter what the switch was on.

And more importantly, when the switch is off there's no potential for the amp to drain down the batteries.

Schaf
05-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks. I used the post that goes to the back of the motor. There were 3 posts and the other 2 went to the pos.. of battery 1 and battery 2. Glad i did it right. I feel much better now. Having done all this I find myself confused how the altenator charges the batteries. If there are only 3 wires going to the battery switch 1 being battery1, 2 being battery2 and 3 being the "feeder" output or starter line ... How do the batteries get charged? Just curious. Thanks again for all the reassurance.