PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I am doing this.....

Donziweasel
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I have decided to pull the trigger on a new D Series Motorcoach from MCI-

http://www.mcicoach.com/NewCoaches/PublicCoaches/publicCommuter.htm

Price, only 395,000.00. I have never purchased a new coach, always used becuase they are so expensive. I feel the company and Jackson Hole are ready for this equipment. PLUS, the current warranty is amazing. They will pay 75.00 an hour for my mechanics to work on it, parts shipped overnight, AND loss of revenue for warranty work for 5 years! I am getting sexually excited over the idea of it. Well, maybe that is stretching it, but I am pumped. It will be a nice addition to my fleet. Last year I generated about $250,000.00 in motorcoach revenues alone. I can get over $1,000.00 a day for it on a charter basis, 1,600.00 for an emergency run to SLC when the airport is closed and $2,400.00 a day for Targhee day. Payment is 4,440.00 per month, 84 months with 20% residual at the end. Gas mileage, probably around 4-5 with the Series 60.

boxy
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Nice ride John.
Especially nice since the numbers work.
Have fun.

LKSD
05-09-2008, 08:34 AM
cool!

show-n-go h2o
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
how did the negotiating on that go? were they easy to deal with or a pain

MOP
05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a great deal! Good luck with it!

Phil

Donziweasel
05-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Show, there are really only 4 motorcoach manufactures- MCI, Van Hool, Setra and Prevost. Only 2 are really prevalant in the US, MCI and Prevost. There are some Hools and Setra's, which are big in Europe, but MCI and Prevost make up about 90% of the US market. I have 2 MCI's and one Prevost. Dealing with these manufacturers for new busses is pretty straight foward with little negotiating. They tell you the price of the bus, you say yes or no. Kinda refreshing. In the used market, negatiating is pretty much like buying a car.

Thanks for the support.

Donziweasel
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Not really, the price of the bus might make me homeless yet!:wink:

Donziweasel
05-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I have used my busses for other things that strictly business. Took all the seat out of a 31 pass and put couches in it in 1998 and drove it to Cabo. Parked it on the beach for 10 days.

Took another one with a bunch of freinds to San Fran for a concert. Been New Years Eve's fun. Put a hitch on one and trailered me, 13 friends and 5 rafts to Hell's Canyon. Got to have a little fun every now and again. Oh yeah, Vegas, forgot about the one, and Colorado.

gcarter
05-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Good luck John.
I had no idea what the new bus version of these cost. I have some customers who have the custom coach version of these.....I have an idea what they cost!!! :eek!::eek!:
The bus version is almost affordable! The warranty seems pretty impressive. I've never heard of such a comprehensive package.

Team Jefe
05-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I have some friends that have a custom one...not sure of brand...and it is really sweet. That's what I need to travel to Donzi events.

Think I can get them to paint it Black and gold....with a little RED thrown in for flavoring:wink:

Very cool toy....um, I mean investment John.

onesubdrvr
05-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I do some work for Liberty Coach down here,

absolutely beautiful customs,..... I think they charge me to do their work though,... not sure that's right, but they are expensive!!

Wayne