PDA

View Full Version : Jabsco 11850 pump

David Ochs
05-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I called "Depco" pumps in Clearwater and talked with George this morning to find out they can't any longer get this pump.
He asked if it was for a Holman-Moody setup, and suggested if I can find one, buy it!
Mine is okay (I think), but having a spare would be nice.
About 12 years ago when I restored the boat, I bought a service kit for this pump. The kit included an impeller, gasket and ceramic seal. I managed to crack the seal. So, living somewhat close to the Jabsco facility here in So. Cal, I had them rebuild it for me for a very reasonable charge. They no longer provide that service. I found another service kit from ebay just to have.
I have found (online) other new pumps that appear to be the same basic pump with different hardware, so they should work. But, they cost in the neighborhood of $500-. That seems like a lot!
If anybody knows of a good one or where to find a new one at a more reasonable cost, please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Dave

vonkamp
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Is this what you are looking for? Sorry for the not very informative pic but I can verify what it is when I get home.

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I called "Depco" pumps in Clearwater and talked with George this morning to find out they can't any longer get this pump.
He asked if it was for a Holman-Moody setup, and suggested if I can find one, buy it!
Mine is okay (I think), but having a spare would be nice.
About 12 years ago when I restored the boat, I bought a service kit for this pump. The kit included an impeller, gasket and ceramic seal. I managed to crack the seal. So, living somewhat close to the Jabsco facility here in So. Cal, I had them rebuild it for me for a very reasonable charge. They no longer provide that service. I found another service kit from ebay just to have.
I have found (online) other new pumps that appear to be the same basic pump with different hardware, so they should work. But, they cost in the neighborhood of $500-. That seems like a lot!
If anybody knows of a good one or where to find a new one at a more reasonable cost, please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Dave

What engine and what drive are you running?

David Ochs
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Is this what you are looking for? Sorry for the not very informative pic but I can verify what it is when I get home.

I don't think it is. The 11850 has the inlet and outlet opposing each other.
I'll get a picture of it and get it posted tomorrow.
Thanks for having a look.

David Ochs
05-06-2008, 08:05 PM
What engine and what drive are you running?

This is the original pump to my '69 sixteen. The engine is a the 302 w/Volvo 250 and the pump is driven of the crankshaft. I'll try to post a picture of the pump tomorrow. Thanks

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
This is the original pump to my '69 sixteen. The engine is a the 302 w/Volvo 250 and the pump is driven of the crankshaft. I'll try to post a picture of the pump tomorrow. Thanks

The one i have is a johnson and is off a SBC crank driven,,sorry!:)

David Ochs
05-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Thank you Mr. Fixxall for trying. Here is what the pump actually looks like.