PDA

View Full Version : Rarest Jaguar ever...

Tony
05-06-2008, 11:38 AM
...and he's only asking $1,500 for it.

Only in America!!!

:beer:

CHACHI
05-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Gave up on the Mercedes?

Ken

samjannarone
05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
That's IT!!!! I knew she was driving a Jag when she pushed the MB into the drink. Jags nicer anyway....

McGary911
05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Wonder if that would pull the Crit' ?

ChromeGorilla
05-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Wonder if that would pull the Crit' ?
you need to round up somethin to haul it to jax.... :wink:

MOP
05-06-2008, 03:41 PM
GeeZe Tony I know you are a little bent but this odd relic hunting must stop they make jackets for guys that persist!

gcarter
05-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I saw the title and naturally thought you were talking about a light weight E-Type......I opened it and there's

THIS!

:confused::doh::(

Jraysray
05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
so whats that jag body sitting on?

Last Real Texan
05-08-2008, 06:23 PM
so whats that jag body sitting on?
Most like a half ton chevy Chasis.....think K-5 Blazer or the like.

Tex

onesubdrvr
11-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I saw the title and naturally thought you were talking about a light weight E-Type......I opened it and there's

THIS!

:confused::doh::(

George,

For years growing up as a kid, my dad kept telling us stories about an E-Type he had that my mother made him get rid of - he owned his own service station, and had the e-type at the house, she was tired of seeing it in the yard needing repair, so he called a "buddy" of his that owned a junk yard, and made arrangements to store it there. Well, a month or so goes by, and my dad takes a jaunt to the junk yard to pick and pull a part for a car he was working on, and noticed it was gone,.... round and round the story goes about where the car was,... finally, my dad ended up filing a police report as stolen, even though he's sure the guy sold it.

Funny thing though, at that age, I had confused the XKE for the E-Type - not by site, but I had never seen an E-Type, so when I saw an XKE, I just assumed,..... of course, two completely different beasts.

Wayne

DonziJon
11-19-2008, 09:19 AM
George,

Funny thing though, at that age, I had confused the XKE for the E-Type - not by site, but I had never seen an E-Type, so when I saw an XKE, I just assumed,..... of course, two completely different beasts.

Wayne

XKE and E-Type ARE One In The Same. I traded my '63 XKE Roadster for a brand new 1966 SS-396 Chevelle Convertable in 1966. That E-Type WOULD do 150 MPH. Wish I had Both those cars now..but Alas. Those were the days.

I was a Navy puke then and stationed at SuBase, NLon. John

CHACHI
11-19-2008, 09:55 AM
An Ariel and a Jag....... would of made nice garage jewelry.

Ken

zelatore
11-19-2008, 10:37 AM
If I'm not mistaken, "E-Type" was never an official designation. Everybody knows the cars by that name, but I don't think Jag ever called them that. It was always 'XKE'.

A series 1 coupe is on the 'must have' list for some day in the future. Simply one of the best looking cars EVER. :worthy:

zelatore
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
An Ariel and a Jag....... would of made nice garage jewelry.

Ken

Ariel? Arial Atom? If you have an Atom, I want to come to your house! Better yet, I'll pay for your weekend at the track if you let me drive it!

Or was that Ariel as in motorcycle?

DonziJon
11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Ariel? Arial Atom? If you have an Atom, I want to come to your house! Better yet, I'll pay for your weekend at the track if you let me drive it!
Or was that Ariel as in motorcycle?

1956 Ariel Square 4. British motorcycle. 1000cc. Two verticle cylinders in the front..Two verticle cylinders right behind the first two ..on Two crankshafts geared together. John

zelatore
11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Ah yes, I thought perhaps it was the bike. Seems to fit better with the Jag.

But still, if you don't think an Atom would be fun, you must be .... dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

DonziJon
11-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Ariel Square 4.....>Ariel Atom. Same company.. Reborn. I guess if it's a Honda engine.. it prolly won't have Lucas Electrics... DAM. John