PDA

View Full Version : 14 down, 6 to go

onesubdrvr
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm fortunate enough to be taking tonight off from school work as it's the last night of this class, 14 down and 6 to go.

For the past year and a half, I've been persuing my BSIT degree in Software Engineering, and have managed to maintain a 3.92 average while working full time, having 3 side businesses, 5 kids, and drooling over boats every chance I get.

I finish up December 1st (if things stay on schedule), and plan of having one hell of a bash when I'm finally done. The year following, I plan on spending time tracking down my "perfect Donzi"

Anyway, just wanted to share some positive news in an otherwise bleak world

Wayne

catch 22
05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Congratulations Wayne. That's quite an accomplishment. :thewave:

Team Jefe
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Keep it up Amigo...I might need a trip to Sunny Florida in December???

onesubdrvr
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Jim

Jefe, that's what I'm sayin' :) I didn't party after my AA degree, didn't party when I got out of the Navy, didn't party after divorce from wife #1, or marriage to wife #2,......I've got some catchin up to do, and I want as many of my friends there as I can muster up :hyper:

Wayne

sweet 16 1966
05-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Ya gonna make me drive back down to sunny south Fla.?
OK, I'll do it!

Congratulations on the juggling act.

ChromeGorilla
05-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Congrats Wayne.... here's to boatin again my friend.... how about a boating memory from AngelAid....

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk30/svarsanyi/FXCD0054.jpg

RedDog
05-05-2008, 10:48 PM
that's great - congratulations!

I'm celebrating a successful conclusion of my sons' collegiate year - one beat your GPA and another was close enough to make me happy! (but thankfully they don't have kids, real jobs, or real responsibility yet :doh:)

Cuda
05-05-2008, 10:53 PM
That is amazing! All I can say is, getter done Wayne! :)

Team Jefe
05-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks Jim

Jefe, that's what I'm sayin' :) I didn't party after my AA degree, didn't party when I got out of the Navy, didn't party after divorce from wife #1, or marriage to wife #2,......I've got some catchin up to do, and I want as many of my friends there as I can muster up :hyper:

Wayne

Keep me in the Loop Dude...Have party supplies, will travel.

onesubdrvr
05-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Russ, hell yeah, come on down!!

Scott, you know, that was a GREAT weekend, other that it being so damn rough in the river, great friends, great times!

RD Congratulations!! I sometimes wish I had stayed in college the first time I was there (at 16), but,.... wouldn't change a thing :), you've got alot to be proud of!

Joe, thanks brotha! I expect you to come down too!!

Jefe, you might need to hang on to that Mega cab then,..... I really want this to be a BIG bash :wink:

I'll keep y'all updated, and keep this as my "countdown" thread lol!

C 'ya, off to turn some wrenches

Wayne

onesubdrvr
06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, completed another class, looks like I'll be getting a 4.0 in this class which will bring my GPA up a little, but my final exam grade is still hanging out there, so not sure yet, but I DO know I've passed it :D

So Jefe / All,

Let's get ready to PARTY!!

Wayne

Cuda
06-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I might be doing a job in Ft Pierce. How far is that from you?

onesubdrvr
06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I might be doing a job in Ft Pierce. How far is that from you?
Damn Joe,

Fort Pierce is about 10 minutes north of me,..... 2 exits. What's the location? When's the job?

Talk to 'ya soon!
Wayne

Cuda
06-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Damn Joe,

Fort Pierce is about 10 minutes north of me,..... 2 exits. What's the location? When's the job?

Talk to 'ya soon!
Wayne
They are changing a Miami Subs, into an Arby's. I've already done one for this GC in Ormond Beach.

onesubdrvr
06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
They are changing a Miami Subs, into an Arby's. I've already done one for this GC in Ormond Beach.

It's likely the one on US Hwy 1, between Okeechobee Rd. and Orange Ave.

Let me know when it gets closer, I'd love to hook up for dinner or something.

Wayne

Cuda
06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
It's likely the one on US Hwy 1, between Okeechobee Rd. and Orange Ave.

Let me know when it gets closer, I'd love to hook up for dinner or something.

Wayne
It probably is. We did a McDonald's down there several years ago, between I-95, and the Turnpike. I think it's around there. Where is PSL in relationship to Ft Pierce? South?

onesubdrvr
06-10-2008, 07:46 PM
It probably is. We did a McDonald's down there several years ago, between I-95, and the Turnpike. I think it's around there. Where is PSL in relationship to Ft Pierce? South?

Yup, PSL is South of Fort Pierce by like 10 minutes tops.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
07-15-2008, 06:44 PM
WOO HOO!!

another one down,

16 down, 4 to go!!!

I'm getting excited now, I've got to start planning my party,.... finish Dec 1, party,...??? soon after :D

Wayne

onesubdrvr
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
17 down, 3 to go!!

Started # 18 today - Introduction to operating systems (yawn), important, but an intro class this late??

Oh well,

Getting so close now I can taste it!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
09-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Started my 1st C++ class Tuesday, finally programming again instead of writing classes :rolleyes:

This class and one more to go, and I'm done (Dec. 1st)

I am starting to get a little nervous regarding post degree employment though - Not really wanting to move and take a beating on the house, but there doesn't seem to be many opportunities within 75 miles of me,.... I guess a long commute isn't out of the question, but I'd rather not.

In the meantime, I'm starting to peddle my web design business a little more, which I'll expand to include network support, and other programming / etc. Eventually, I'd like to be busy enough to quit my day job, but I don't think that's going to happen until the economy flattens out a little instead of this roller coaster scenario we have been seeing lately.

Any way, I'm feeling the groove now baby!! :party::yes:

Wayne

Team Jefe
09-29-2008, 12:21 PM
So, when's the party. I need to start Planning :yes:

onesubdrvr
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
So, when's the party. I need to start Planning :yes:
Hmmm

:biggrin.: Good question, not exactly sure yet :confused: ,....

Dec 13th would be my guess right now, but that is a tough time, just after Thanksgiving, and just before Christmas,.....

Then there's January 3rd, which may work good because it's after the new year, and I don't think too many people tear it up New Years Eve when it's in the middle of the week like that.

Otherwise, it'll be January 31st.

I've got to "discuss" :wink: it with the Mrs and see what works best for us (a lot of time I have plans that I don't even know about lol)

:pimp: Wayne :superman: