PDA

View Full Version : 6.4L Exhuast Filter, Buiz....

Donziweasel
05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I have 590 miles on the new truck and today on the dash "exhaust filter is now being cleaned". The truck felt like it had 15% more torque during the process. Lasted about 10 minutes. During the process, my fuel mileage dropped to 12 mpg. After it was done, it jumped to almost 17 mpg for the 20 miles to work. The owners manual said that periodically it will "raise the exhuast temperature to burn the soot in the filter". No flames out of the exhaust. Bummer.

Donziweasel
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I did get the 4 aux switches. Hmmmm.......maybe hook them up to a propane tank and give the exhaust a little "shot". I am bummed out, Ford said it would shoot flames, but I don't even get a whif of smoke. What the hell?

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I did get the 4 aux switches. Hmmmm.......maybe hook them up to a propane tank and give the exhaust a little "shot". I am bummed out, Ford said it would shoot flames, but I don't even get a whif of smoke. What the hell?

Correct,most do some wont..check it out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vEYVjXh1RPM

Donziweasel
05-06-2008, 07:21 PM
HOLY CRAP! I never knew my truck had THAT much potential. Hell, maybe I should tune the sucker.

Now Scott, we all know how much you love your truck. The question is, with all the crap I have posted about mine, are you just a little tempted to get a new one? I think they still have the color of your 6.0!

I did not think there would be that much difference between my old one and new one. I was wrong! At least go test drive a 6.4L, you might even drive it off the lot. Anyway, I will always be a Ford man like yourself. Never had a bad one personally, business is another matter.

Keep the vids coming-Love it!

BUIZILLA
05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
if you scroll down a little, there are some VERY interesting Dmax vid's.... wonder why he didn't post those that are kicking that Ford's asssssss :cool:

Donziweasel
05-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Buiz, just be quiet and drive your damn Toyota!:eek!::smash::hangum: If you keep bashing Fords, I might have to put your cute little truck in the bed of mine and drive away!LOL

MP-Got a few Sprinters. Love them! Great vans, 31 MPG! More room than any truck, especially with the high roof. Pushing 150,000 miles on both of them and not a single problem. Best vehicles as far as maintenence and fuel mileage I have in the fleet. Also, that little turbo diesel has some get up and go, very little turbo lag. I highly recommend them.

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
"Most do"...

If ya can't come up with any newer bull****e you should consider a new subject to pick on... Recycling old crap is just that,,

Isnt that what your trying to do:popcorn:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vy0AfZYRBmY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JtQrHBmm6ZY

The videos dont lie!!!No punt intended:)

DW the older ones did,,after the new design yours wont..

MP-Got a few Sprinters. Love them! Great vans, 31 MPG? around here we only get 22 mpg, do you have the inline 6? a friend of mine just bought a 08 with the v6 ? and hes only getting 16 to 18 around town..

BUIZILLA
05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I really like that second vid...

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I really like that second vid...

buiz check out the chevy pulling the sled after the vid in the second vid,,,

this one is my favorite http://youtube.com/watch?v=FmofbFuJoT8

o BTW at leaste the dodge gave it a fight:)

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 07:54 PM
fixnada, you keep pointing to an old video from the original release.. If you can't come up with any newer than that, then obviously the issue was resolved. However, if it makes you feel a little better, why feel free to post it and take some solace in things from the past..
Sometimes that's all you have to hang on to...

Dude did you run out of pot? Go find some,,,he asked a question and i stated the facts so BACKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donziweasel
05-06-2008, 08:10 PM
With all this Ford bashing, I could use some pot!

For the record, my Sprinter are 2006's and have the inline 5.

Scott, BTW, Boo Boo wants her Expedition supercharged as well. What the hell is up with our women?

Donziweasel
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Fixall, we all know the Ford exhuast was bad on the first run of trucks.

I still want some flames to shoot out of it though. I paid for flaming exhaust (it was an option) and I sure damn well expect some heat out of those pipes!

mrfixxall
05-06-2008, 08:15 PM
With all this Ford bashing, I could use some pot!
For the record, my Sprinter are 2006's and have the inline 5.

Gotcha! no offence on the ford thingy! im not bashing then in fact i love fords,, they make me lots of $$$$$$:biggrin.:

From what i see when they switched to the 3.0 v6 their not as good on fuel so i guess stick with what you got:)

Donziweasel
05-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I can actually justify the supercharging by altitude. Yeah right! Ok, I just want to see the sucker run with 450 hp. She has to keep up with the F-350, right?