PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Specimin,.. what is it?

onesubdrvr
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
24' (approx) l.o.a.

Interesting type of "tunnel" drive (?)

Any information? I'm not interested, but when looking for something else, and I come across something like this, I get curious

Morgan's Cloud
05-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Presuming that you took the picture , why did'nt you take a gander at the HIN while you were there ? ? :bonk: :tooth:

onesubdrvr
05-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Presuming that you took the picture , why did'nt you take a gander at the HIN while you were there ? ? :bonk: :tooth:

That's just it, I didn't take the picture,...

Don't know if that would have helped even if I was there. I came across a Minx today, and couldn't find the HIN, maybe I had my eyes closed, but I looked on the transom, stbd side top and couldn't find it.

Oh well, such is life :(

Wayne

BUIZILLA
05-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I came across a Minx today, and couldn't find the HIN, maybe I had my eyes closed, but I looked on the transom, stbd side top and couldn't find it. the HIN is under the rubrail, get on your knee's and look up...

onesubdrvr
05-05-2008, 02:21 PM
the HIN is under the rubrail, get on your knee's and look up...
OH NO,... I'm NOT falling for that trick AGAIN!! :doh::mad:

ok, next time I'm in the area, I'll swing by and take a gander for it. It's a project boat for sure.

Wayne

Morgan's Cloud
05-06-2008, 06:56 AM
OH NO,... I'm NOT falling for that trick AGAIN!! :doh::mad:
Wayne
:embarasse:embarasse:D:D:D
PS / Glad I did'nt outright assume that you had taken the pic ..
Don't ya hate it when other people give you these things with 'insufficient information' ...:bonk:

onesubdrvr
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, I got down on my knees today, and looked up :tongue:

DMR20038L686

and some pictures

onesubdrvr
05-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I've got a question for "y'all"

When you see a boat sitting off the side of the road, not like right on the edge, but back aways, no for sale sign or anything, but it doesn't look like anyone has any real interest in it (ie the Donzi above and the original boat in this post) and you want to look around it, what do you do?

knock on doors and try to find the owner?

crawl in / around it anyway, and say "______" if someone approaches you?

I know there are many guys like me that just want to stop and look / touch / feel, and was wondering how you guys handle it. I guess I'm a little paranoid somones going to yell at me :wink:

Wayne

f_inscreenname
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Knock on the door. No reason to get shot over it. :eek!:

Morgan's Cloud
05-08-2008, 07:08 AM
When I 'found' our Mag 25 in a state of 'land reclamation readiness' I had actually been eyeing it for a year or two.
I took a complete chance and asked someone if they knew who it belonged to as it was obvious nothing had been done to it for years.
They pointed me to a business just accross the street from the boat and I took a chance and not only found the then owner but spoke to him as well.
He had his hands full and had no time to restore the boat. He sold it to us for the price he had paid .
So , YES ... ask around and never be too shy ... If a boat of interest is sitting around for any length of time and needs lots of work , the reason it's just sitting around could well be because the owner has'nt got the time to start it or in fact has'nt gotten around to advertising it for sale !

MOP
05-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Wayne you should try to deal on the Minx, it looks like it was re powered judging by the center bolt valve covers. May be a jewel in the rough, salts boat tend to have far less rot in the transom and stringers.

onesubdrvr
05-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Wayne you should try to deal on the Minx, it looks like it was re powered judging by the center bolt valve covers. May be a jewel in the rough, salts boat tend to have far less rot in the transom and stringers.
Phil,

It's not a bad looking boat at all, and the more Minx's I see, the more I like 'em.

The windshield has a crack in it - I could live with it, but I know they are next to impossible to find.

There is a hole in the transom, looks like a screw hole or something, but don't know how much damage there is beneath it.

but, right now I'm not ready for any type of project. I know that it may go in the meantime, but I won't be ready to start anything until Jan 09 at the earliest,.....after my graduation party ;)

If anyone is interested, I'll give 'ya a phone # that could probably find the owner of the boat if you're interested. There was no for sale sign or anything on it, so don't know the story,....

Wayne