PDA

View Full Version : Lifting Eye Mounting Brackets - X18

The Hedgehog
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have any lifting eye mounting brackets for an X-18?

I think that Mr. X had some maybe

I have posted this before and got a few responses. I followed up some but think it was winter so the diolgue was dropped.

I will be happy to pay money, gas, beer etc. Now or at AOTH!

gcarter
05-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Seems like I heard Bertramboy has fabbed some out of SST.

cutwater
05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Here are the ones BertramBoy has -

http://www.donzi.org/Liftingbrackets.html

The Hedgehog
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Beautiful.

I will contact him. Thanks

cutwater
05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Beautiful.

I will contact him. Thanks

Yeah, pretty much everything Rootsy and BertramBoy do IS beautiful... I'm trying to start the resto of the Ski Sporter, and their website has already been a great help.

The Hedgehog
05-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, pretty much everything Rootsy and BertramBoy do IS beautiful... I'm trying to start the resto of the Ski Sporter, and their website has already been a great help.

Cool,

Where are you in that process?

cutwater
05-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Cool,

Where are you in that process?

Not as far as I'd like :wink: but getting there. I've been spending most of my time getting the Minx ready for this season. For the Ski Sporter, it's sort of in the "parts gathering" phase... got an un-opened Bilt-Rite interior, shifter knob, etc. I'm getting ready to buy a house here in Knoxville so I should have a little room to mess around.

Donzi Vol
05-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Not as far as I'd like :wink: but getting there. I've been spending most of my time getting the Minx ready for this season. For the Ski Sporter, it's sort of in the "parts gathering" phase... got an un-opened Bilt-Rite interior, shifter knob, etc. I'm getting ready to buy a house here in Knoxville so I should have a little room to mess around.

Where are you buying a house?

The Hedgehog
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Anyone else have them?

Mr Bertram is out for now. He may do more in the fall and I will gladly pay a premium for them. I sure would like to got some for this summer though.

ky-donzi
05-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Hedge

If you can get me the dims. in a blueprint form, I could fab some probably, not sure if they will be the quailty of the others, but I'd be willing to try

gcarter
05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Here are the dimensions, but not on a print...;
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51305

:smash::smash:

The Hedgehog
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Hedge

If you can get me the dims. in a blueprint form, I could fab some probably, not sure if they will be the quailty of the others, but I'd be willing to try

I may take you up on that. I have someone that might have one. I am hoping to know soon.

From what I have seen of your work it is quality.

I really appreciate that.

The Hedgehog
05-06-2008, 09:14 PM
My X has a different rear bracket then the one Cliff makes.. I think (ooooh, ouch) his are for a Volvo?? Cliff, chime in please..

Sounds like I could use some educating. I was thought about the whole X vs standard classic thing. Heck, I at least need a starting point. I am thinking that the front will at least work.

BERTRAM BOY
05-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Barrelbacks, 18 2+3, and X-18 all use different rear brackets.

'Poodle, can you get us a pic?

The Hedgehog
05-06-2008, 09:43 PM
In a few days or so..
I wonder if Forrest could get us a shot? I had a new one fabricated for him using mine as a pattern some time ago.. Didn't take pics :doh: :doh:
Front is the same AIR...

That would be huge!:crossfing:

The silly thing is that I actually had a front bracket at one time. It got lost in my move. It is a good thing that those are not as big of a deal.

BERTRAM BOY
05-07-2008, 08:15 AM
The front bracket should look like the one on the left.