PDA

View Full Version : Keels and Wheels...Seabrook, TX

Craig S
05-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I was walking the docks and talking to friends last night who arrived early.

A really nice early 18 in yellow and black was already tied up with the tonneau over the ****pit.

harbormaster
05-02-2008, 11:40 AM
I think that was probably Jim Guidry's 18...

JimG
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Yup! That's me!

I'm always shocked at how much attention my old Donzi gets, when surrounded by all the GORGEOUS wood boats...

Any of you Houston area guys make it out, stop by and visit. Lakewood was kind enough to give me a slip for my Pace, so I've got cold beer, a/c etc...:wink:

JimG

jl1962
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Great job carrying the Donzi flag! I took my Ski Sporter to an ACBS show last August on Lake George and got a great reception. If a couple of dozen of us w/ REALLY nice classics each did one show a year, it would be reflected in valuations.:crossfing:

BTW I've been to Lakewood a half dozen times for regattas - always had a great time. Try and hit the Cajun restaurant nearby - OUCH! :nilly::yes:

Team Jefe
05-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Nice show again this year. Craig sorry we missed you on Friday. I spent Saturday playing b!tch for the TOPPS guys and we still never had a race...oh well at least the weather was crappy and the seas Rough:smash:

Craig S
05-06-2008, 08:50 AM
:-(

That explains why there were so many sport boats out. I was taking people for rides on the Century of mine, and saw alot of boats and the "Team Cigarette" truck and trailer over at the Turtle Club. BTW, did you see the stunts the photo helicopter was doing to get the pics on Sunday? I've never seen a 'copter do a loop! Geez.

And what kind of power was "Under Pressure" running? Sounded great when fired.

JimG
04-10-2010, 06:54 AM
We're in for this year! See you there!

http://www.keels-wheels.com/

Craig S
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Glad to hear it! the boaters are getting together poolside Friday night, and in Kemah Saturday night. Holler if you aren't mailed the details.

Maybe next year the Nova will be in...
Craig

JimG
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks Craig! Love to join ya!

And if Linda is kind enough to allow us to keep the Pace there again this year, you are welcome to use it as a hotel room... a/c, cold beer, shower, etc...

Jim