PDA

View Full Version : GPS Tattletail

glashole
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
i have a livorsi monster GPS speedo with tattle tail and it doesn't seem to remember the top speed

This is a new issue that started at the end of last year and didn't seem to fix itself over the winter :nilly:

doesn't matter how fast i go it will always read 55mph when i hit the button afterwards
everything works fine while underway

I can't get any responce from the customer service at Livorsi

has anyone had this problem and could steer me in the right direction :)

Shea

ChromeGorilla
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately my friend...your boat only does 55MPH.....:wink: :D :rlol:

BlownCrewCab
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Is there a momentary switch that gets you to that screen (thats how the Nordskogs are) then I think you have to get it to dump the memory of the 55mph and if it happens again CG could be correct....

glashole
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I am pretty sure i am creeping up a touch over the 55 mark but you may be correct:)

how would I dump the memory to start over again

I have tried to clear it with the erase side of the switch but the next time I run the result is the same

MOP
05-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Shea it could be as simple as a dirty switch, if you can get at it easily jump the poles to see if that does.

ChromeGorilla
05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
CG could be correct....

LOL.... I was just bustin nutz.....:wink:

zelatore
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I figured it was a 'saftey' feature.

"See Mr. Officer, I wasn't going that fast!"

roadtrip se
05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
What speedo face are you running? 80, 100, or 120?

Is 55 indicated at 9, 12, or 3 o'clock on the gauge?

I am fighting a different gremlin with mine, so I have a bunch of trouble shooting instructions in hand from Livorsi. My top indicated speed is eight miles per hour!

I would start by making sure that the recall switch is firmly mounted, all your wires are tight, and that the gauge and the recall switch have a good solid ground.

glashole
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
the 55 is located at the 10 o'clock position

it is a 100 speedo

everything seems to be very secure

I will recheck all of the conections tonight
I have another call into livorsi so we'll see where it goes

I just want to make sure it works for AOTH to show you guys what it takes to be the first to Lee's Restaurant :)

roadtrip se
05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
so you stumped me there.

I have been fighting with Livorsi on my set up. I shipped them the GPS head, they said it checked out okay, so I ordered a new antenna. Now I get a whopping indicated 8 mph. The reason I am telling you this is that you might avoid a few steps, if you decide to ship it back to them, by sending them everything including the gauge, recall, and anttena. They keep pointing me back to a bad ground or lose wire.

One other thing to check is to make sure the switch is returning to neutral, when you hit for the recall or to erase.

As for the indicated speed to Lee's Ford, make sure you pack a few more of those "cigars" you have been smoking, because they seem like some pretty powerful stuff!

BlownCrewCab
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Sorry, I was assuming you had a Digital Display, Not an Analog....The Digitals can scroll through screens.

VetteLT193
05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
does it clear top speed properly?

If so, does it indicate average speed properly? In case you haven't used the feature: To check average speed start the boat, let the speedo do it's startup sequence, once that is done hold the clear/recall switch for 3 seconds on clear. that starts the average speed. To check it hit the recall switch anytime the boat is still running. average speed won't save through power down.

glashole
05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
that would make sence if maybe that is the sequence it is stuck in

will know more tonight :)

RedDog
05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
does it clear top speed properly?
If so, does it indicate average speed properly? In case you haven't used the feature: To check average speed start the boat, let the speedo do it's startup sequence, once that is done hold the clear/recall switch for 3 seconds on clear. that starts the average speed. To check it hit the recall switch anytime the boat is still running. average speed won't save through power down.

There you go - your average speed is 55.

Gonna need more than that to be first to Lee's Ford :fire::fire:

glashole
05-05-2008, 07:13 AM
It is official

I learned 2 definite things on the weekend

1- Rum does actually turn me into a pirate :bonk:

2- read the owners manual on your GPS Speedo and you can figure out how it works
once I cleared the memory it worked exactly how it was supposed to :)

good times

Shea