PDA

View Full Version : upholstery cleaner

zedohsix
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
What is recommened to clean and protect the vinyl seats?
:canada:

Carl C
05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
This is an easy one: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! Some recommend using a vinyl protectant after cleaning. I don't. I just use the erasers and wipe down with warm water.

ChromeGorilla
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
This is an easy one: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! Some recommend using a vinyl protectant after cleaning. I don't. I just use the erasers and wipe down with warm water.

Carl's right....done deal lock it up. Mr Clean MAgic Erasers.

No further discussion needed.:wink:

Surfer
05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Is Mr. Clean Majic for new vinyl or does it restore old, and is it like a Boat US product, or where is it sold?

ChromeGorilla
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
It is sold in any supermarket or WalMart in the cleaning product aisle.

They are made my "Mr. Clean Mr. Clean...."

I'm tellin you, buy a box and use it on vinyl, rubrails, fiberglass..... these things are the bomb! Do a search on this or other boating forums and you'll see people rave about them.

Here they are...

Sam
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
You can buy them in any grocery store, Target, Kmart ect. They are not meant to restore but rather are great cleaners. It's been my experience that they out clean any liquid that I've tried.

Carl C
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Is Mr. Clean Majic for new vinyl or does it restore old, and is it like a Boat US product, or where is it sold?Doesn't restore, just cleans. Buy them anywhere that sells cleaning products. Don't buy generic ones that may contain bleach and BTW it was from ChromeGorilla that I found out about them.

ChromeGorilla
05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
I have to give credit to my wife. We were cleaning the boat the first summer we had it and she discovered the glorious Mr Clean Magic Eraser is awesome for the boat!

roadtrip se
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
of trouble spots. The Doctor turned me on to this.

If it is just a touch up, I use Tuff Stuff as a cleaner instead.

And I would use 303 protectant after whatever cleaning you do. The stuff goes on quickly and conditions/protects the vinyls and stiching. I think of it as sun block for the seats.

Finished product looks great.

Tony
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Ditto on the 303 Aerospace Protectant (http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428)...very good conditioner and light cleaner.
For the tough spots they are right, Mr. Clean is 'da bomb!

yeller
05-03-2008, 01:35 PM
And I would use 303 protectant after whatever cleaning you do. The stuff goes on quickly and conditions/protects the vinyls and stiching. I think of it as sun block for the seats.Agreed. There was a post a while back where someone contacted the manufacturer and they said the erasers were safe for vinyl, but recommended using a conditioner afterwords.

Dr. Dan
05-03-2008, 02:07 PM
:smash: The Doctor recommends Mr. Clean Magic E's then 303 Aerspace Turbo Infused Biometric Compulsive Disorder Sauce with DVD. Also use a good clean Micro Fiber Cloth to wipe it down and help to rinse and dry after Erasing.... just clean water and Presto.

Yep the Twins show you just how Saucey they can be and just how truly protective the 303 Sauce can be to a variety of ah.... "Fluids"... yep, it works above and below the 38th Parallel.

Good Luck Luke - Go with Force... :cool: