PDA

View Full Version : Distal Bicept tear....complete

Last Real Texan
05-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Rough day in the warehouse yesterday, tore my right arm up handling some stuff....ouch . Completely tore my bicecp muscle where it inserts to the the radial bone on my eldow....hurts like a mofo, anyone ever have this problem? I am scheduled for reconstructive surgery on monday, Sheizan! Looks like I may be out for AOTH>:hangum:

Any one ever have this type of surgery and if so how did you do?

Tex

Carl C
05-01-2008, 07:55 AM
That's a tough break, and you are only 40 (checked your profile). I can't answer your question but I do wish you a quick recovery. Bad timing for an injury, not that there is a good time, but to screw up your summer.....GET WELL SOON.

MOP
05-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Not sure mine was the same but was a lifting injury it felt real bad, I had it in a sling for about three months still bothers me a bit in bad weather. That was to many years back to remember exactly when, best ad vice is abide by the doctors recovery schedule even if you feel good we all tend to over do all to soon. Good luck with it.

Phil

Ed Donnelly
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Did you tear the muscle from the tendon,,or,, the tendon from the elbow??...............Ed

The Hedgehog
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I still say that if it does not hurt to ride in a boat that you should come to AOTH!

That sucks!

Last Real Texan
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Did you tear the muscle from the tendon,,or,, the tendon from the elbow??...............Ed
Tendon from the elbow at the radial bone

gcarter
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
That is bad news, and I hate for that to happen to anyone.
I hope your recovery is quick and painless.

But what do you expect after lying about being a Texan???????:confused::wink::doh:

Last Real Texan
05-01-2008, 05:02 PM
That is bad news, and I hate for that to happen to anyone.
I hope your recovery is quick and painless.
But what do you expect after lying about being a Texan???????:confused::wink::doh:
Hell, I was born in Texas! what do you mean?

Cuda
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I think George means it's time to Cowboy Up! Take two aspirin, and we'll see you at work tomorrow.

Seriously, that sounds like some real bad Juju.:garfield:

Jraysray
05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Hell, I was born in Texas! what do you mean?

Thats right brother!!! You can take the boy out of TEXAS but not the TEXAS out of the boy. Like cuda said cinch it tight and cowboy up!

BTW, that is a big recovery ahead of you. Good luk to you!

catch 22
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery. The best prescription is to take a fast ride in a DONZI at the AOTH VIII every 4 hours as needed for pain. Seriously, hope all goes well.

Last Real Texan
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok so with this injury I am kind of in a rock and a hard place.....the boat motor is in pieces....meaning heads intake all accs. and the pro-charger need to be put back on.....Who wants to come help and put it all back together? LOL

Tex

Last Real Texan
05-03-2008, 10:17 AM
No takers here huh............................guess everyone else is getting there chit together for AOTH.....LOL
Guess I 'll figure it out some how, I am not going to lose the first half of the season over this!:smash:
I will be the only one here with a left handed assembled motor woooooo hooooooooo:crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

The Hedgehog
05-03-2008, 10:53 AM
No takers here huh............................guess everyone else is getting there chit together for AOTH.....LOL
Guess I 'll figure it out some how, I am not going to lose the first half of the season over this!:smash:
I will be the only one here with a left handed assembled motor woooooo hooooooooo:crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

I will be down to make sure that you finish it in a few weeks. I got a couple of clients I am trying to get in your area. You probably don't want me to turn too many wrenches though.