PDA

View Full Version : 1975 GT21 - What's it worth

tbirmingham
04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I am considering selling my 1975 GT21, but really don't know what it is worth, hoping for some advice. Here are a few of the details, along with pictures: Fresh Water Cool Marine Power 454 with 50 hours - 360hp - 280 Volvo Drive - Hyd Steering - Modified Windshield -Imron Haul and Bottom - Clean Original Gel Coat Top - Back Seat needs Upolstery Work - Galvanized trailer. Garage kept, never left in the water. I have additional pictures if necessary.

BERTRAM BOY
04-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Do you know the hull number?

tbirmingham
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes. DMR211130575GT

Jamesbon
05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Nice GT!

She looks to be in great shape and true to her lines. Love the windshield. That mod. made the boat.

Just out of curiosity, what's the top speed?

I have a 71, in pieces, that used to have many, many small blocks and 270 Volvo drive. She was and is a great boat. One of the more rare and desireable breeds as far as I'm concerned. Love the beam on her...

E-mail me if you want, I'll give you my .02 cents on what I think she's worth. As always, it's up to the buyer and seller to come to an agreement. Pricing an old beauty like this one is not an exact science....

I think I paid $7500 for mine in rough, but running shape, with a SBC and Volvo, about 16 years ago. We rode her hard as hell for 11 years and a few motors. I can't believe how high we used to jump her behind the Moran tug boat wakes in the Baltimore Harbor. Now that I've matured a "little," I cringe at the thought of "airing" this thing out with no remorse... LOL!

....That's the boat that opened my wallet forever to Donzis... :)

tbirmingham
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Nathan,

It's great to hear from you again. Funny story, I know all about the getting older and realizing fear. Regarding the top speed, I believe it's around 63 mph. Thanks for the reassurance about the windshield, at the time I thought it was a good idea, but lately wasn't sure it was the right idea.
I'd love some advice on the price. If you're close to the Rosedale area, you're welcome to come over and take a look.

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Nathan,

It's great to hear from you again. Funny story, I know all about the getting older and realizing fear. Regarding the top speed, I believe it's around 63 mph. Thanks for the reassurance about the windshield, at the time I thought it was a good idea, but lately wasn't sure it was the right idea.
I'd love some advice on the price. If you're close to the Rosedale area, you're welcome to come over and take a look. Have you decide on a price at this time ? I have a friend here in mich who is looking for a GT 21 & were is the Rosedale area G .G :propeller:

HOWARD O
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Have you decide on a price at this time ? I have a friend here in mich who is looking for a GT 21 & were is the Rosedale area G .G :propeller:

Sure is a cool boat! GT21's and Hornets have always been my favorites. I'd say it's the Rosedale near Baltimore, MD., judging from his reg. numbers on the boat.

tbirmingham
05-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Actually you are correct, Rosedale is in Baltimore County, Maryland. I have not yet decided on a price, but am currently waiting for additional information. Should have a price soon, and will list it with the Donzi Registry. Thanks for your interest.
Terry

Jamesbon
05-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Sent ya a P.M. tbirmingham.

Next time I'm in your hood, I'll look ya up!

Best of luck with the sale...

tbirmingham
05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Nathan,

Your welcome any time, and if we still have the Donzi, you're welcome to take a ride on the wild side.

Thanks again, Terry

Peter
06-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey T, I just saw this thread so I may be waay out of date but did you ever sell your GT21 I sure like it.

Peter Hambling

tbirmingham
06-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey Peter,

After really thinking about it, I decided not to sell the Donzi afterall. I really think I would regret that decision. Thanks for looking though.

Terry

Peter
06-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Terry,.....I understand completely and that's what I would do if I were you. Very cool boat and you're lucky to have it so hang on to it. If you ever change your mind please let me know 425-466-7475. I have a 1973 X18 and just acquired a 1995 Blackhawk 22 so it's the usual Donzi 'ddiction going on here too.
Peter

2DONZI
04-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Thread,
I have a very similar 1973 GT 21 with a Volvo 350ci Corvette engine with 290 DP drive. Same Colors. I'm considering selling. What was the price you were considering selling yours for? Just wondering what it is worth.
Thanks,
2Donzi
44753[