PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill Lake Gathering

The Hedgehog
04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I know that everyone's mind is on AOTH but I need to start making preparations for the Center Hill get together (We can name it something very creative later).

The tenative date is the weekend of August 9th. I will be talking to the folks at Pate's Ford marina this evening (for Beer Wednesday) so I can try to arrange some space and a pavillion. So far I have about 10 boats in attendance. I am getting that from Rtgogo's post and talking to a few. Please let me know who is interested. Heck, I will do it if it is only 5 boats but the more the better.

BUIZILLA
04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
i'm not sure we can be there on the 9th, may be leaving before that, but don't let that stop any other plans for this

Last Tango
04-30-2008, 02:50 PM
BushPig,
Can you put a couple links on this thread so we can locate the area in question?

Thanks,
Busted Rubber

BUIZILLA
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
any more news on this??

not exactly sure when i'm going, but we gotta go soon, we're putting the lakehouse up for sale this trip... too far a commute at this point with my partner bro in law's death...

Last Real Texan
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm in for a center hill gathering but not that weekend nor any other weekend that falls on the second saturday of the month....weekend of August 15 works well though....Keep us posted.....

Tex

BUIZILLA
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
I think we will be there by the 8th or 9th, probably staying for a week or so.... not sure if i'm bringing the Critter or not at this point...

detigger79
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm scheduled to be in town that week and the next. My boat's finally about to the point of being able to cruise. I'm interested.

Donzi Vol
07-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Well I've asked off work for the 8-9. This means I will be in a Donzi somewhere that weekend. I'd love for it to be in Nashville with you fellas. We still doin it?

BUIZILLA
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
where is everybody?

:shark:

The Hedgehog
08-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I was there on the 8th as per plans. Tex had to work and could not make it until this weekend. Donzi Vol was going to stop by on the way to pick up a boat but could not make it. The 26ZX was the feature boat.

So.....I had the First Annual Center Hill gathering solo.:doh: I must say Donzi had a great showing. We dusted off a couple of bow riders and pontoon boats. I think that your friend at 4 Seasons saw me when I was doing my Poker run. I then went over to Evans Mill and hosted a great dinner for the gathering. :rock:

Oh yeah, I was the first to every stop! :kingme:

roadtrip se
08-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a pretty good day overall!

BUIZILLA
08-13-2008, 05:54 PM
looks like i'm gonna be here until at least the 23rd... :alligator

shoulda brought the Critter... :nilly:

i'm ready to buy something... :bonk:

bored with Sea Doo's... i'm ready to play

The Hedgehog
08-13-2008, 06:32 PM
looks like i'm gonna be here until at least the 23rd... :alligator
shoulda brought the Critter... :nilly:
i'm ready to buy something... :bonk:
bored with Sea Doo's... i'm ready to play

I will be back and ready to play before that. Drop me a line, I have a number of ways you will not need to resort to Sea Doos. I am in Il and will be in Ca for a number of days before that. I will be ready to get on the water and burn some gas.

rtgogo
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Hedgehog.....sorry ya got stood up...I completely spaced it. Would love to haul her that way, lake looks beautiful. Can we take a second shot on the gathering with a lil more chatter to help my short term memory comply? Bike ride to Milwuakee is comin up fast and keepin me grounded this month, but let me know if next month holds any promise......

BUIZILLA
08-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I haven't seen a cloud here in 4 days...:alligator :wink: :cool:

BUIZILLA
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
been outside all day, everyday....

shutter's??

:nilly:

The Hedgehog
08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Hedgehog.....sorry ya got stood up...I completely spaced it. Would love to haul her that way, lake looks beautiful. Can we take a second shot on the gathering with a lil more chatter to help my short term memory comply? Bike ride to Milwuakee is comin up fast and keepin me grounded this month, but let me know if next month holds any promise......

Oh its all good. I had a pretty good bit on my plate. Had some relatives that were springing on a surprise visit at the same time so I had that to deal with too. They ended up backing out giving me some much needed time to get a few things done. Heck, I have not even put the registration on my jet ski yet.

I am hoping to get together with Buiz later next week. I got some good news that my hydrahoist spot should be ready next week too.

We do need to try to get together to run our boats soon.

BUIZILLA
08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
spent until sundown on the water.... not used to this 15' lowered water level... :smash: found some nasty previously submerged and hidden rock heads in places I never knew existed :nilly: never seen it this low.... and they are going to lower it another 4' after Labor Day... that will leave only TWO ramps on this entire friggin' lake that will be usable... Hurricane and Ragland Bottom, all the others will be useless till next spring or summer at the earliest... the GOOD news is my newest neighbor spent about 700k-800k fluffing his digs, on the market now for 1.1m.... can't hurt me there... :cool:

ahhhhh, dinner and wine on the lake..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bushman,,,, getting wet tomorrow and Sunday... gotta bail Monday for a few days.... duty calls in Nville...

roadtrip se
08-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Strange isn't it? They dropped us 43 feet. The place looks completely different. I updated my GPS, so I knew where I was. Now, all of the ramps have been extended and we are good. They are burning the wood on the shores for when they fill the place again. Sad thing is, all of these great new ramps will be under water when they raise things again. I have to think they will do the same thing at C-Hill and do the extensions. Sucks at first, but life is good on Lake Cumberland. Of course, it would be even better if I had a boat to get out there...

BUIZILLA
08-15-2008, 11:00 PM
ran into a guy today that says he KNOWS who has recent pic's of Gore secretly and highly ILLEGALLY fueling his behemoth from a Texaco tanker, while tied to tree's, at a discrete mud ramp location..... stay tuned for this whopper of a story.... hello Fed's and Corps... maybe it's bionic fuel and not bio-diesel.... this guy is a real piece of BS.... in fact, that is the initials on the side of his tankhouse... BS is the name.... no joke, will furnish pic's soon... BS stands for Bio and Solar.... yeah rightttttt

BUIZILLA
08-15-2008, 11:04 PM
ZXO huh...

local Wheels and Deals I picked up today.... my backyard

2005 ZXO, twin 350's... alum trailer, PERFECT colors... 69k obo... emphasis on OBO

lemme know :wink: :crossfing:

Greg K
08-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Here's one to consider Link (http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/photoGallery.jsp?ro=5&searchtype=homepage&Ntk=boatsEN&r=1842428&currency=USD&units=Feet&sm=3&toLength=28&cit=true&currencyid=100&luom=126&fromLength=28&rt=High+Performance&Ntt=donzi&slim=quick&checked_boats=1842428&rs=yachtworld.com&boat_id=1842428&back=/core/listing/boatDetails.jsp&boat_id=1842428)
Wanted: 28 ZXO. Prefer Scorpion package, but will look at others with stock power. Hold the salt. PM me with any leads you know of, and if we buy it, I'll order you a Dr. Dan windshirt for your trouble!

roadtrip se
08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Here's one to consider Link (http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/photoGallery.jsp?ro=5&searchtype=homepage&Ntk=boatsEN&r=1842428&currency=USD&units=Feet&sm=3&toLength=28&cit=true&currencyid=100&luom=126&fromLength=28&rt=High+Performance&Ntt=donzi&slim=quick&checked_boats=1842428&rs=yachtworld.com&boat_id=1842428&back=/core/listing/boatDetails.jsp&boat_id=1842428)

Called on it late last week and she had already found a new owner.

Got to like the boat and the trailer...