PDA

View Full Version : Nice Classic 22 Small Block

Donzi Racer
04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-exceptional-Donzi-Classic-22_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQihZ002QQitemZ 120254173465QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Not mine but on Ebay. Looks like a nice one. Enjoy.

BlownCrewCab
04-29-2008, 05:56 AM
I Don't think Aronow Built Donzi's in 86...But it's still Nice. What have you been up to? haven't seen much of you lately...

MOP
04-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Thats Robs boat, it is everything the ad says. He ran the first 1K run with us, when swim platforms are brought up his boat is usually mentioned. Who ever gets it will be getting a fine boat.

Phil

chappy
04-29-2008, 07:02 AM
I looked at this ad last night, I should've known that some of you would have the details. Really nice looking ride.

cutwater
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
It's at 85% of the Buy It Now price with over 5 days left. I'm surprised someone hasn't grabbed this one yet. Looks very nice.

MOP
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Rob & Laura kept it up very well, someone that don't want to feed a BB should grab it.

Phil

Trueser
04-29-2008, 11:22 AM
It's at 85% of the Buy It Now price with over 5 days left. I'm surprised someone hasn't grabbed this one yet. Looks very nice.

I Agree at that point why not hit the buy it now....

Great looking boat.

Donzi Racer
04-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I Don't think Aronow Built Donzi's in 86...But it's still Nice. What have you been up to? haven't seen much of you lately...

Hey Mike, Just jumping from fooling with the Donzi's, the Maserati's, and oh yea, the antiques which is how I am supposed to make a living. Been having wayyyyy to much fun with Donzi's. At least that is what Rose says. You ready for Cumberland? Think there might be something behind the truck when you come? Hmmm? Just kidding, I would tell you, don't rush it, but you know my nephew is known to watch this forum from time to time. ha ha Working on another one, maybe can get so he will relax a bit. I believe he is going to take the Baby outboard back with him to Tri Cities for a little while. Course I think that will settle him down a bit, but as I think about it, it will only get him more excited. Yep, Take care looking forward to seeing you at Cumberland. Tommy

Donzi Vol
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Mike, Just jumping from fooling with the Donzi's, the Maserati's, and oh yea, the antiques which is how I am supposed to make a living. Been having wayyyyy to much fun with Donzi's. At least that is what Rose says. You ready for Cumberland? Think there might be something behind the truck when you come? Hmmm? Just kidding, I would tell you, don't rush it, but you know my nephew is known to watch this forum from time to time. ha ha Working on another one, maybe can get so he will relax a bit. I believe he is going to take the Baby outboard back with him to Tri Cities for a little while. Course I think that will settle him down a bit, but as I think about it, it will only get him more excited. Yep, Take care looking forward to seeing you at Cumberland. Tommy

HAHAHAHA! All pretty much accurate. I can't help it, Mike and Uncle Tom. When it comes to Donzi's and warm weather I'm like a little kid at Christmas. Now I'm not saying that I lay awake at night hoping that Mike brings a triple hatch down the chimney. Although that would simply be amazing. Ok, I'm trailing off here.

Tell ya what. I'll calm down til Cumberland. Fewer emails and no more phone calls. I should be working on selling more steaks and potatoes anyhow!

vonkamp
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey Donzi Vol, got any pic's of the triple hach you can post up? Looks like the hole for the out drive is cut out. When I found that boat, the whole transom was glassed in.
Are you in Knoxville? I got to make a trip up there soon...

BCC, love the T. Jefferson quote. :)

BlownCrewCab
04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Vonkamp, If you get up this way have David bring you over to see it. I have the stringers Glassed (mostly) Now the deck has to come off so I can Re-Core the whole thing. (You can Grind Glass Right?) j/k

Donzi Vol
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey Donzi Vol, got any pic's of the triple hach you can post up? Looks like the hole for the out drive is cut out. When I found that boat, the whole transom was glassed in.
Are you in Knoxville? I got to make a trip up there soon...

BCC, love the T. Jefferson quote. :)

I've got some pics I'll post soon. I've been doing a lot of photoing so we can have a beginning to end album. Come on up anytime. I'm not in Knoxville right now, but I get there a lot. Give me a call when you want to come up, and I'll make sure we get over to see Mike and the triple. 865-254-2833.
-David

Donzi Vol
04-29-2008, 08:50 PM
And oh yeah, the hole is now cut for the outdrive, along with holes for the exhaust. In all of Mike's glory, he let me know this by sending me a PM that read, "There are 3 huge holes in your boat." After my heart stopped for a minute or two I read the rest of the message!

boldts
04-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Way does always the Classic I like come up for sale when I'm at my lowest dollar stand-point. I love this Classic and the color is what I've always liked. Sitting on a nice Eagle trailer also. Good luck with the sale Rob. If I had the $$$ I'd be all over that Buy It Now button.

knots2u
04-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Not trying to hijack this thread but........1994 Donzi 22 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Donzi-22-Classic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31270QQihZ019QQ itemZ290226530440QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) is also on ebay. The boat belongs to a long time friend of mine, he just got the black 27ZR that was on ebay. This is the boat that brought Bilt-Rite to Virginia. After it was purchased the interior was replaced by John & Sue Harmon, the original owners of Bilt-Rite, I made the carpet and cover. It was one of the last interiors they made, a discussion was started about what they were going to do with the business, the rest is history. I was one of the over-the-hill passengers, I'm thinking it will top out with the current prop just short of 80mph.

Sorry for the interruption,
Bob Ellmann

Donzi Vol
04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey guys, since this kind fellow is trying to sell his fine 22, I'm going to move my little part of the thread to another spot and then resume. I'll put it in performance talk under "triple hatch pictures" or something like that. Good luck, Rob!

Tony
05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
The boat sold for the "Buy It Now"...
Anybody know where it went and who bought it?

:beer:

Tichavsky
05-13-2008, 08:02 AM
I purchased the boat Rob and it is moving from Ill. to Houston Texas. Still to be used in freshwater only. I haven't actually picked the boat up yet but will go get it at the end of the month. I am looking forward to putting it in the water. I have been looking at 22's for about 10 years never finding the one I wanted or not having the money when I did. When this one came up I liked the color combination and the swim deck and knew I had to have it.

Scott

JimG
05-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey freshwater SCHMESHWATER! Bring that bad boy to Clear Lake, (neither clear, nor a lake), and hook up with us Donzi folks down here! We'll show you how to run the big water! Lot's of cool place to eat and drink, and besides, Nassau Bay is nearly fresh...:wink:

JimG

Oh and Scot will have his 22 in the water sometime in 2015...he he!