PDA

View Full Version : Prop Dillema

Likety-Split
04-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi..new to the forum, and have found lots of great info here. Geez you guys know 'yer stuff!

I have a 87 z-33 w/ 502's Dart heads and intakes, 850's, roller marine Comp Cams, Gil exhausts. Probably an honest 500hp each. Top RPM seems to be 5500.

My props seem to cavatate fast, and the boat is a pig on takeoff (my z-25 w/ a stock 454 mag would leap out of the water by comparison) I have to gentle the the throttle to get her on plane. Any suggestions on proper prop sizing?

mrfixxall
04-27-2008, 11:59 AM
:wink:
Hi..new to the forum, and have found lots of great info here. Geez you guys know 'yer stuff!

I have a 87 z-33 w/ 502's Dart heads and intakes, 850's, roller marine Comp Cams, Gil exhausts. Probably an honest 500hp each. Top RPM seems to be 5500.

My props seem to cavatate fast, and the boat is a pig on takeoff (my z-25 w/ a stock 454 mag would leap out of the water by comparison) I have to gentle the the throttle to get her on plane. Any suggestions on proper prop sizing?

whats your gear ratio? what are you running for props ?also i suggest a bigger diameter prop 15'' or 15 1/5'' also a bravo1 4 blade propeller or somthing similar wouldnt hurt either..also which way are your props turning,i would guess you have counter rotating propellers,are they turning twards the center of the transm or outward of the transm?

The Hedgehog
04-27-2008, 12:23 PM
What kind of props are you running now?

It sounds like you have a cool setup that just needs dialing in. You have any pics of that bad boy?:beer: