PDA

View Full Version : Lake Muskoka, Joe and Rosseau Run

frclarke
04-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Looking for date feedback for a weekend on the Muskoka Lakes.:canada:

Weekends that are out are July 19 (Pride of Muskoka Donzi Run) and Aug. 1st is the 1000 Islands run.

I'm thinking July 26/27 or Aug. 17/18.

Suggested agenda:
Day 1: Launch boats in Gravenhurst, run to Bala to Don's Bakery for coffee and donuts, on to Port Carling where the ladies can shop and the men can lie about their boats. Back to our place for supper. Can meet Donzi's all the way along.

Day 2: Bring your own picnic!! Meeting point will be Port Carling Docks. We'll go through Port Carling lock and run to Port Sanfield. Quick stop at the BoatHouse for Cappuccino and ice cream. On through Lake Joe to Rosseau to Blueberry Island. Swim and eat lunch. Head back to Port Carling.
The End

glashole
04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Fred

excellent idea

both those weekends work for me

I will be there

Shea

Tim Morris
04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
by 22s again for sure. Either weekend for me, but prefer
Aug 16/17.

Been waiting for 30 years for a good tour guide for this nick.

I think I owe Shea a green martini, but if all we're stoppin' for
is ice cream - he'll have to take what he gets.

CHACHI
04-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Fred, right now the August weekend looks the best for me and I am looking forward to it.

Tim, I will get a hold of Joe Stigler (Chop) who has a place on Rosseau, he also has a Minx, mine. This is right in his backyard.

Ken

Ed Donnelly
04-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Aug 17/18 should be doable. I still have the same 20 hrs worth of work to do to get her on the water...
Can't believe this is the third year of 20 hrs to go ..........Ed

frclarke
04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the responses so far.
Looks like Aug. is the month of choice. I think we all know that July is still pretty dicey for weather.

Anyway, there are two items I'd like to post:
1) Instead of Aug 16 and 17 how about moving it earlier one week to Aug 9 and 10th?
2) After discussing with Deb, having folks drive boats in the dark after supper back to Gravenhurst is not safe so I'd like to change the logistics for Sat. as follows: I'll set up with a nearby marina to launch and park the boats close to our cottage. The run route will stay pretty much the same. In the evening will end up back at the marina and either haul the boats out or dock them depending on what I can organize. Everybody can car pool around the corner to our place or I can give direction to various eating spots.
Fred

Tony
04-27-2008, 09:53 PM
What kind of distances do those routes cover?
It sounds awesome, I'd love to come, but probably can't swing it.
I'll check the calendar (my wife!), and then mapquest.

:beer:

Tim Morris
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
2) I'll set up with a nearby marina to launch and park the boats close to our cottage. The run route will stay pretty much the same. In the evening will end up back at the marina and either haul the boats out or dock them depending on what I can organize. Everybody can car pool around the corner to our place or I can give direction to various eating spots.
Fred

That's the kind of detail we are wondering about, sounds like
good progress in no time at all. August 9/10 works for me too.

glashole
04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
9/10 is no good for me
poker run in the 1000 isles

but don't change anything based on me

frclarke
04-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey Shea:
I just went back to MOPs thread on the 1K run - I'm confused - 1K is on Aug 1 to 3. I'm proposing Muskoka on the following weekend. Have I got the dates wrong?

frclarke
04-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Driving time:
from Detroit to Muskoka Lakes -6ish hours. I figure 3 hours to Toronto then another 2 to Muskoka with 1 hour slack.

Water time
Day 1, on the water time will be about 4 or 5 hours. We'll be staying on Lake Muskoka and the Indian River. We'll have a mix of slow and fast boating. Lake Muskoka is the biggest of the three lakes.
You can run from one end of Muskoka (at Gravenhust )to the other ( mouth of the Indian River ) at a reasonable pace in less then 2 hours.

Day 2 - I think we should be on the water by 9 ish so that we can be at Blueberry Island on Rosseau for lunch. Would like to aim to have people back at the home dock for 3-4PM so they can head home.

Anyway - these are preliminary and are offcourse subject to change!

glashole
04-28-2008, 10:26 AM
you have the dates correct

The poker run is the weekend after Mop's 1000 islands weekend

frclarke
04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
For information on the Muskoka area check out
http://muskoka.com

frclarke
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Seems like the earlier date is not so good so final dates are Sat. Aug. 16 and Sun. Aug. 17th.
Fred

mc donzi
04-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Fred,

Tim Morris put me onto your thread. I'm the guy that Emailed you back in March about importing a 22 Classic into Canada. You were bang on about the necessary documents.... cleared Customs in Buffalo in about 20 minutes...they didn't even come out to check the boat.

Thank you.

Sure would like to tag along on the Muskoka Lakes tour.

Any weekend works for us.

Dave McDonald

frclarke
04-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Dave
It's nice when things go as they should. We're pleased to have you along!
Fred

Tim Morris
04-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi Fred,
Any weekend works for us.
Dave McDonald

I'm guessing it does! TIRED of being RETIRED yet?

CHACHI
04-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Tim, that's another 22.

Ken

chop
04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Fred,
Ken told me about this event and I'm looking forward to joining in. We have a cottage near Windermere and since last spring, proud owner of Ken's Minx. I haven't been up there yet but from the pictures I've seen, I hope your boathouse is above the waterline. Rosseau is high but not as much as Muskoka. We seem to be OK.
Chop

frclarke
05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Chop:
We don't have a boathouse, but we do have a cantalevered dock so it's OK. I was up two weeks ago and I've never seen the water so high. Most of the neighbours docks were covered. Anyway, nice to have you along, another person who knows the lakes will be a help.
Fred

Tony
05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Nine hours and 525 miles one way, diesel @ $4.25/gal., no passports yet...several things are conspiring against me coming.
But, with that said, it sure looks like a nice area! And, when else would I have the possibility of running side by side with another Volvo/DPX classic (Dave McDonalds)?

frclarke
05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Geography
We will be centering our runs from Packer Bay Marina on Lake Muskoka, a very small little itsy bitsy marina. Hopefully, they'll appreciate the business.
Please mapquest directions to:
1021 Packer Bay Rd, Torrance, Ontario

There are four towns/cities close by (listed from furthest to closest):

Bracebridge - http://bracebridge.ca/home.asp (http://bracebridge.ca/home.asp) - (about 50 minutes by road)
Port Carling -http://www.portcarling.com/ (http://www.portcarling.com/) - (about 30 minutes)
Gravenhurst - http://www.gravenhurst.ca/ (http://www.gravenhurst.ca/) - ( about 25 minutes)
Bala - http://www.bala.net/ (http://www.bala.net/) - ( about 15 minutes)
·Bracebridge is a large town with all the amenities. It a bit too far from us. BUT this is where the closest hospital is. Lots of eating opportunities including fast food. We might stop in at Pride of Muskoka Marine – the Lakes Donzi Dealer.[/font]
· Port Carling is a larger town that comes alive in the summer. This is the hub of the lakes and the place to be and be seen! We will be stopping and passing thru. Port Carling several times. Port Carling has lots (for a small town) of hotels and motels, all kind of restaurants and pubs and shopping.
· Gravenhurst is smaller than Bracebridge and larger then Port Carling. It has a range of hotels, motels and eating establishments, including fast food, beer and liquor stores and grocery stores.
·We will be visiting Bala for baked goodies – It’s a very small town with several motels, a couple of nice restaurants, grocery store, beer store, liquor store, and an Oliver’s coffee pub. It’s close, the motels are “value” oriented

Accommodations
This is a vacation destination so there is plenty of choice; however things get booked up. I found this web site that lists several Hotels, motel and inns that we pass by regularly:
http://www.muskoka.worldweb.com/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels//index.htm (http://www.muskoka.worldweb.com/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels//index.htm)
There are lots of others including resorts that are not listed. Google Muskoka resorts.
Please let me know if I can help.
Fred

glashole
05-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Fred

do you have a couple of motels that are close to "home base" that we could all stay at?

just a thought but being close to the go spot would be handy for the start of the run and the end of it :)

frclarke
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I hate recommending places because everybody has their own baggage about whats good and whats not ( typical Canadian eh!), anyway for what it's worth:
If you want a place to put your head at night stay at Bala-Hy - it always looks clean and cheerful. Next choice is Bala Bay Hotel - we've eaten there, the food is OK -pub style, it's always busy. The Dudley Inn is at the low end - we've stayed there - it's pretty minimal.

In Gravenhurst the Howard Johnson looks fine, the Pinedale is clean and quiet and has a nice view of Gull Lake.

Contact info. for above is at http://www.muskoka.worldweb.com/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels//index.htm

If you want a nicer place try the Green Slate Inn in Port Carling, we've eaten there a number of times, the place is clean and the food is good. I think it has dockage.

At the top end ($$$)- Really nice resorts , Taboo www.tabooresort.com (http://www.tabooresort.com) in Gravenhurst is fantastic, Delta Sherwood (near Port Carling), Windermere on Lake Rosseau www.windermerehouse.com (http://www.windermerehouse.com) ( beautiful olde Muskoka style +++).

Fred

Tony
06-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I know this is kind of a small event, but I hate to see it demoted to the second page!
Anybody make a hotel choice yet?

cday@crescentschool.org
06-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Both work for me.

The blueberry island lunch sounds awesome, I haven't been there in a while.

CHACHI
07-03-2008, 06:06 AM
My reservations have been made, (thanks Tim and Dave) Bala-Hy Motel, arriving Friday August 15.

kramsay1234
07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
I didn't see this thread before. My boat is in Orillia so Gravenhurst is a 15-20 min trailer for me. I will be there for sure. Haven't done the Muskoka Lakes for a few years. Will be great with a tour guide. Last time I bought all the charts for the 3 lakes and had no problems. Is the date settled? I will make it work.

Kevin

Tim Morris
07-03-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm on the north end of Couchiching, Dave & Don are on the Severn River.

It'll be like old home week, except we're all going north for a vacation with
the local tour directors Fred, Chop & Mr. Day.

I'm looking forward to it.

glashole
07-03-2008, 08:06 AM
thank you to David McDonald for stepping up and setting a main location / home away from home for the weekend of the 15-17 of August :bonk:

from what I can gather the main parties will be held at
Bala-Hy motel
705 762 3250
keep in mind this will not be a 5 star location but does sound very hosptiable and has all the requirements next door :)

If someone is on the fence as far as coming I would recommend booking to be with everyone else as generally the best times are had off the water and the rooms will go quickly as the summer progresses

looking forward to seeing everyone

Shea

RBT
07-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Cday is that your Corsican that was at Port Sandfield?

kramsay1234
07-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey Tim - I keep my boat in Brewery Lane on Couch. For the last 10 years my 23 Scarab has been sitting there - now its the Donzi... If you are ever at the island you likely saw the Scarab. White with red checkers on the side. Haven't had the Donzi there yet with the weather being so off. Very cool that you are on Couchiching as well. I go through the locks once or twice a season and do the Severn run into Sparrow Lake. We used to have a cottage there.

I am actually looking forward to doing the 3 lakes run with a tour guide. Easier than looking at charts all day...

I'm on the north end of Couchiching, Dave & Don are on the Severn River.

It'll be like old home week, except we're all going north for a vacation with
the local tour directors Fred, Chop & Mr. Day.

I'm looking forward to it.

Rob M
07-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Cday is that your Corsican that was at Port Sandfield?

What colour was it?

RBT
07-07-2008, 10:07 AM
It is powder blue and white. I know who's it is now. It is a total resto, gonna be real nice when it is done.

RT

olredalert
07-07-2008, 10:30 PM
-----RBT,,,Thats my old boat. No expense spared on it,even though it was beautiful to start with. The best of the best, and should be stunning done...........Bill S

frclarke
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Gents. and Ladies:
It's great to see the response on the get together.
Please send me a PM of your intention to join our run on Aug. 15, 16 and 17. I will use these numbers to help the marina people organize parking. As well, let me know if you'll be joining Deb. and I for supper on Saturday night.

The motel of choice is the Bala-Hy. I have a couple more hotel choices for you - Green Stone Resort, 1-887-762-5501, it's about 10 minutes from the Bala-Hy, this is a nice place with a good restaurant. Crestwood Inn in Port Carling - 1-705-3743, looks like a nice cozy place.

Land get togethers:
Seems like things may start cooking on Friday night. Sounds like the Bala-Hy is the spot to meet, from there, there are a number of places we can drive too for some deep and serious discussions about our hobby.

Saturday night, those that enjoy the cottage atmosphere, supper is at our place. For those that want a different experience, I can suggest lots of other spots.

On the Water:
Saturday AM, launch at East Bay Marina. We have two choices :
1) If we start late, I suggest we head south to Gravenhurst where we can dock and walk over to the Grace and Speed Museum. This is a collection of Gravettes, Minetts and other wooden boats. On the way there or back there a chance we'll be able to run with the RMS Segwun - the last and only coal steam ship in North America. It's a great photo op., or at least see her docked in Muskoka Bay. We can hang around and have lunch at Boston Pizza ( there are other choices as well). Depending on the time we can run north through Beaumarius ( also called millionaires row) ending in Bala for a look at the falls and a walk around.
2) To Bala for coffee and pastry at Don's Bakery, then on to Port Carling by way of Beaumaris. In Port Carling the ladies can shop at all the little boutiques and the men can have a pop and lie about their rides. If we're lucky we may catch up with the Segwun for a photo Op. We can decide to go through the locks and take a run to Windemere - the Women will love this place. There is a big issue with docking here - very little space. We may end up just doing a drive by.

We'll end up back at East Bay Marina - with 1/2 a tank of gas left. We should gas up. For those who need premium we'll have to stop in Bala. Otherwise East Bay will be good enough.

Day 2 -
Leave AM from Marina - we'll have to relaunch the boats (10$ for in and out). Go straight to Port Carling and thru. the locks ( the locking fee a few bucks) then on to Port Sanfield. We'll stop for ice cream and cappuccino. And for those of you who want too, the grocery store can make up some nice sandwiches for our Blueberry Island Picnic. On to the far north end of Lake Joe to Blueberry Island for a swim and picnic. Blueberry Island is a privately owned Island whose owners are nice enough to allow locals to beach or anchor boats and swim. I would strong suggest that everybody be prepared to get wet.

We'll get packed up and make our way back to East Bay.

Well that's about all I know.
Fred

glashole
07-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Fred

I am your Huckleberry

sounds like you have everything in order and it looks like a great time

we probably won't be getting in until later on friday night but would be up for anything if you guys are still up :smash: if not we will make enough noise to let everyone know that we have arrived

i can't see why we can't get a good start saturday because there are a lot of things to see

Would love to be at your cottage for saturday night
If we get a head count for your place on the saturday we can probably come up with list of things for everyone to bring

Shea

RBT
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
-----RBT,,,Thats my old boat. No expense spared on it,even though it was beautiful to start with. The best of the best, and should be stunning done...........Bill S

Only think I am confused about is why the TRS... and not a Bravo?

Gonna be COOL when done.

olredalert
07-08-2008, 08:57 AM
-------RBT,,,Because thats what it came with and the boat is a floating peice of history,,,IMHO!!! Now the last Corsican and the next to the last Corsican will be on the same lake. Kind of cool, dont you think???.........Bill S

Rob M
07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
olredalert:

What are the serial numbers on those boats? Mine is #50. Made in 75. Potentially the last left hand drive.

RBT
07-08-2008, 10:46 AM
-------RBT,,,Because thats what it came with and the boat is a floating peice of history,,,IMHO!!! Now the last Corsican and the next to the last Corsican will be on the same lake. Kind of cool, dont you think???.........Bill S

I see that point, but it also has modern power in it ( well more modern than it would have had ). I am just not a fan of the TRS in a performance boat of that size ( I have had plenty ).
I have a 1977 18 that is restored with a 400 small block and an Alpha ss, so I do appreciate the classics. And if I can find a decent Minx, I am going to Imco it and put a 600+ hp 540 in it. I wanted a 22...... but EVEYONE has one, hell there are 4 in my bay!.

MOP
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
How many of our Northern brothers are going to make the 1K run?

CHACHI
07-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Mop, I'll be there. I will meet you at the A-Bay town docks/Edgewood docks 0900 on Saturday.

Ken

glashole
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I will be running my cruiser MOP :boggled:

might not be able to make the narrow spots but would like to meet up and tell some lies

looking forward to both

Shea

olredalert
07-08-2008, 08:23 PM
------RBT,,,I also have had a few and always have liked just about any boat with a TRS. Have had 4 18s now with TRS, 3 280/TRS and one X18 I bought new with a 454/330/TRS. It was a rocket ship from the first day I put it in the water bone stock. Would do above 70 with absolutely no mods. That was all I needed back in the mid 70s. While they are a bit tail heavy they are bullet proof. I still love them as my Spitfire had new and will have two TRS set-ups with (now) around 410hp 383s. Borg-Warner transmissions with all BAM internals, etc......Bill S

olredalert
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
------Forgot the serial # stuff. The blue and white boat is #54 and Im thinking the red and white one is 55. Im also thinking that there was a 56 reported built but not found??? I still believe that # 54 was the last Corsican delivered as there were dates of 1976 in more than one place on it and it is titled as a 1976. I believe the others (55 + 56) were titled as 1975s, but dont quote me. Before you ask, I dont know what held the 54 boat up..........Bill S

Tim Morris
07-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Aug 17/18 should be doable. I still have the same 20 hrs worth of work to do to get her on the water...
Can't believe this is the third year of 20 hrs to go ..........Ed

O.K. Ed. At this point, we will presume you've knocked off 10 hours and
are on schedule with one month to go.

Call Herb (Bala-HY) for reservations 705-762-3250. We'll be there Friday
August 15 late afternoon. As Cindy would shout out when she thinks progress is moving too slowly - GET GOIN'!

frclarke
07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
So Far here are the numbers:
Dave (22)
Don (18)
Ken and Terri (22)
Shea and partner(?) (22)
Tim and Cindy (Minx)
Deb and I will be driving "Sugar Shaker", our restored 16.

I have not been able to get hold of Chop

I've talked to East Bay Marina and they'll have overnite parking for all the cars/trucks and boats.

I went over to Bala-Hy and took a closer look at their parking - it's a bit tight (but it's included in the fee). Might have split between the motel and the Marina.

Tim and Ken have have my cel., I'll PM Shea with my Info.

Shea, you may choose to travel along the 400N, continuing on the 400 extension, then taking #38 to Bala, through the Wahta Mohawk reserve. #38 ends at hwy 169 in Bala - turn right, go past the beer store and Bala Hy is right there. HOWEVER - a nicer drive is to take 400 N to Barrie, instead of taking the 400 extension, go straight thru on to HWY #11. After Orillia stop at Weber's for lunch or dinner - a Muskoka tradition for great burgers, fries and a choc. shake. Just before Gravenhurst stop at the Muskoka Store. Parking is not a problem at both spots.

Ken and Terry, talk your hosts into going to Webers and the Muskoka store.

In a seperate post, I'll provide detailed instructions for getting to Bala-Hy from Gravenhurst.

Deb and I are still working on supper details, it'll be either roast beef on a bun or smoked ribs ( my speciality). I'm going to talk to deb. tonite on what people might bring.

Fred

frclarke
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Deb and I appreciate the offer from a number of you to bring items to supper.

We think everyone really enjoyed the fudge and cookies that Cindy and Tim brought along on the Severn run; fudge and cookies from Orillia would be appreciated. Other desert goodies are welcome.

Offcourse, wine, coolers and beer would also be welcome.
Thanks
Fred

glashole
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
I have no problem getting a couple of boxes of wine
the grocery store here sells a bunch of varieties

Tim Morris
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I have no problem getting a couple of boxes of wine
the grocery store here sells a bunch of varieties

Well....you might have a problem taking any home with you.

(We're bunking in beside the beer store, so that'll be a given)

frclarke
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
If you're coming up thru. Gravenhurst the Directions to the hotel are as follows:

You are travelling North on HWY 11 and you are past Barrie.

Once you've past the Muskoka Store take the exit to Hwy 169 and Gravenhurst. You'll be exiting on the left (wierd). You'll be on Bethune Rd. and will see Tims and MacDonalds on the left. If you need gas, stop in the MacDonalds mall for gas at Sunoco ( this is the cheapest gas you'll see ).

In general, from now on follow the signs for HWY 169. Travel along Bethune to the second set of lights, Brock Rd., turn left. Go over the tracks and thru. two sets of lights. Brock end at Bay St. - take the "ramp" right and immediately take the next left (still Bay St). You'll travel past Muskoka Bay ( on the right) and the Muskoka Wharf area. You'll see the RMS Seguin, Boston Pizza etc. Bay St turns into HWY. 169.

Travel approx. 25 KM and you'll see the first and then the second exit for Torrance Rd. This is the road you'll take to go to the Marina. Continue straight on 169 over the tracks and you'll be in Bala in about 5 minutes. Bala-Hy is on the left, it's the first motel, so watch out or you'll miss it. If you go past the beer store you've gone too far.
Fred

frclarke
08-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm sitting up here at the cottage watching the rain come down. I think this is the wettest weekend we've had yet... hopefully mamma nature will get it out of her system before next weekend. The by invitation only antique boat show is on in Port Carling - what a wash out.

Anyway, this summer the OPP has been very visible on the Lakes so remember the following:
- Your operators license
- Boat registration
- Safety kit for "smaller" lakes includes throwing line, bailer, whistle, anchor or paddle, waterproof light. Don't need musch but you do these.

Looks like the number of folks coming along could go up into the high teens.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next Friday!!
Fred

glashole
08-14-2008, 08:45 AM
thanks for the directions

we should be arriving at the motel about 10

if you are still up we will see you then :)

if you aren't up you can curse me in the morning:nilly:

looking forward to seeing everyone

Shea

glashole
08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Had a great time on saturday

I can only assume the sunday run was as much fun

Thanks to the Clarke's for setting this up and feeding us, and everything else behind the scenes that goes into getting this together

Good to see everyone again and meet new friends, pictures to follow

Shea

Tim Morris
08-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I think Fred was a little disappointed that he couldn't show us all three lakes but we just ran out of time. His lake (Lake Muskoka) was terrific on Saturday.

Fred checked the chart back at his place Saturday evening and estimated we'd run 40 miles around the lake - even though we'd stopped for a long lunch at the Gravenhurst warf.
Sunday, we toured through the locks at Bala and on into Lake Rosseau. We didn't go as far as Saturday, but we saw alot.
Many thanks to Debbie & Fred for putting this run together. We had a great time.
Here are a couple of photos from Sunday, after lunch at Windermere House and our hosts Debbie & Fred.

kramsay1234
08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Many thanks to Fred and family for organizing and hosting. Is never easy to relax through the weekend when you are trying to make sure everyone has a good time, but I think he did it...Very good people and it was nice to meet some new owners and put faces to the names on the board. The weather cooperated for Saturday and hopefully it was good Sunday as well. Had a great time - including pushing my boat and trailer in the bush...

CHACHI
08-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Fred/Debbie, Terri and I can't thank you both enough. Had a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting your kids, there are great. Hope Sarah is feeling better.
Thanks for dinner, you are both wonderful hosts.

Debbie, I hope you can convince Fred to do it again next year, I might even bring a boat.

Thanks again,

Ken & Terri

mc donzi
08-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Ditto to all of the above.... probably one of the most enjoyable boating experiences I have had!!

Thanks to Fred & Debbie for hosting the event and showing us around.

Hopefully Lake Joe and the rest of Rousseau next year.

Dave and Pam

frclarke
08-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Deb and I had a wonderful time seeing many of you again and meeting some more Donzi Crazy people. Thanks for the apps., dessert and wine.

Actually, Deb and Matt were the most disappointed in not being able to show you Lake Joe...maybe next year.

In the mean time, this weekend we'll be blasting up to Lake Joe and Blueberry with family and in-laws. It's a must!

Sugar Shakers alternater is being rebuilt and I'll put in on Friday evening.
Fred

MOP
08-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Fred would have liked to have made the run but it was not possible this year, had the 1K run, the poker run then had a Donzi visitor from not quite so far north. All in all had 3 fabulous weekends in a row, maybe next year!

Phil

Shredhed
05-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is a 2009 muskoka donzi run? if so when and where?

Tony
06-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know if there is a 2009 muskoka donzi run? if so when and where?

Fred put up a post a while ago, linked here:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57347&highlight=muskoka

Reply to it and bring it back to page 1...now that AOTH is over. :boat:
We hope to get over there some day, it is apparently an awesome locale.

ZekesterbluH3
06-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Sorry to barge in, I just caught this post...there is a poker run on the Muskoka lakes Aug 15th weekend, is that the date you guys are up there? The club running it just lists is at "tentative" right now, I'm hoping it gets firmed up soon...the lakes aren't that big, I would enjoy meeting up with some of you, and if in fact I'm up for the poker run, you can drop in and visit me...