PDA

View Full Version : How to scrub an XP drive?

MOP
04-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Back a week ir si ago I down loaded IE7, well a "H" broke loose so I deletede IE7 and things got a little better but still not right. Maybe something came in with the download or what ever, last night I tried for oven an hour to figure out how to wipe the drive N/G. The XP disk did not give me the option, I did a supposed fresh install but that did nothing things still screwed up. So my ? is how do I get the drive clean for a clean install. I still have my @ work machine and my old faithful 733 Dell, any help appreciated. The old Format C:/s is no longer a thing!

Phil

Phil

Trueser
04-25-2008, 08:37 AM
You crack me up MOP....

format c: should work if you have a bootable media..

Call me if you like..

LOL

MOP
04-25-2008, 10:31 AM
You crack me up MOP....
format c: should work if you have a bootable media..
Call me if you like..
LOL

Ok Giggle if you like! I went through the step of hitting ESC and by passing the loading options of XP, I deleted the partition and went on to the supposed format. It went right by and rebooted, I figured it would do the format upon reboot N/G went right into reloading XP thats when I got frustrated. Like I mentioned earlier maybe it got a bug or what ever, there should be a way to force the format for a clean load. Damn I used to get frustrated with drivers and getting on line with 3.0 and 3.1 but at least you could always find a way.

Phil